Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 917 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #59536
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Nail polish. Seriously. I painted my silver grommets black and the skeleton of my umbrella bright eyebreaking green and neither have so much as chipped.
Really? Thank you, I'll have to give it a try!

Now I need to go find the right shade of orange.

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #59537
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

SO I just found this really super awesome Goddess Madoka Genderbend that I'm seriously considering cosplaying. My only fear is that people A) Won't realize what I am or B) Won't realize I'm a genderbend because of the long pink hair. I was thinking of maybe adding a matching tophat or something, or carrying my friend's Kyubey plushie around. Just a thought >.<
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #59538
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
SO I just found this really super awesome Goddess Madoka Genderbend that I'm seriously considering cosplaying. My only fear is that people A) Won't realize what I am or B) Won't realize I'm a genderbend because of the long pink hair. I was thinking of maybe adding a matching tophat or something, or carrying my friend's Kyubey plushie around. Just a thought >.<
I saw that on tumblr!!!! I really want to be one of them! x3

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #59539
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
Okay I totally saw that earlier and I really want to the genderbent Mami, Sayaka, or Kyoko. Because wow they are really good. Also I think people would totally recognize you especially if you have the Kyubey plush with ya ;D

Really wishing I had the fabric for Sinbad's headband because for some reason I really want to work on him tonight. I'll just settle for starting the process of making all the various beads for his outfit.

Also I binded with medical tape over a sports bra for the first time yesterday. I am not quite sure what I think of he result though. Now off to master open-shirt binding before September!
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #59540
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
Okay I totally saw that earlier and I really want to the genderbent Mami, Sayaka, or Kyoko. Because wow they are really good. Also I think people would totally recognize you especially if you have the Kyubey plush with ya ;D
*evil genius fingers* Excellent. Go for it! Go for it! ^W^
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #59541
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
*evil genius fingers* Excellent. Go for it! Go for it! ^W^
Yes I think I have to! Too pretty not to~

EDIT: Homura is up for fair game now because of cravat reasons :3
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #59542
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I was just looking at the guests for ACEN and I learned Brad Swaile is going to be there. I didn't recognize the name but after reading his list of credits, I realized he's been in numerous animes I enjoy. I'm really going to try to get his autograph, which as large as ACEN is, will be difficult. But this is a man who has given me so much entertainment and I never even learned his name. I really hope I get to him while wearing Ukyo as it says that Ranma 1/2 was the first anime he did. He was Mousse, by the way.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #59543
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

worrying about the weapons policy. help me ....i cant stop thinking and worrying about it.
Unread 04-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #59544
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork_Ducky View Post
Ok - after comparing the colors on my Arda ring... I think I'm going to go for the Rufio in Chocolate for the 10th Doctor. I prefer the look of the Spanish Brown, which is a darker color, but I have to agree with Pirogoeth05... the Rufio is excellent for Ten.

I'm going to dye it a bit darker, since the chocolate is a much warmer, brighter brown (almost with a touch of auburn to it).

Woo!
Yay! I just put in the order for mine. I thought of you when I posed that originally.

It's a little scary when I came back to look at my color ring and pulled out Chocolate on my first go. I guess it was just meant to be!

Also, do you know Jim Butcher will be at Dragon*Con?!?!?!?!?!

Working on:
Dr. Shannon Abbey, First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), Kevin Flynn (black robes)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 03:37 AM   #59545
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

So I dk if anyone still goes on Cosplaylab to keep track of their timing and percentage and stuff like that for each of their costumes, but I totally do, the OCD in me won't allow me to stay off that site ...

BUT ANYWAY ... so I was just on, updating costumes, and on both my Eva costume, and my bf's Weiss costume, and I realized that my percentage didn't match up with my checklist ... so I double checked ... some of the stuff on my checklist was marked off, but I hadn't added it to the percentage. So, after realizing that, I quickly checked off the things I got done today, and re-figured the percentage, and I'm quite a bit further along than I thought I was!!! I had both of our costumes around the 50-55% mark, and after adding and updating, both of our costumes are at 70%! Which makes me feel SO MUCH BETTER!

I was really getting confused on how I was making ALL of this progress and still sitting around the half way point >_>

But yeah, massive progress has been being made >

Upcoming Conventions

AnimeFEST
Friday: Chii (Chobits) Saturday: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Sunday: Nico Robin (One Piece) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress

DCC - Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #59546
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogoeth05 View Post
Yay! I just put in the order for mine. I thought of you when I posed that originally.

It's a little scary when I came back to look at my color ring and pulled out Chocolate on my first go. I guess it was just meant to be!

Also, do you know Jim Butcher will be at Dragon*Con?!?!?!?!?!
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! *takes deep breath* Eeeeeeeeeeee! I just accidentally woke up my husband because I gasped and then bounced around at 6:30...

I hadn't heard that yet. But... Woooo!

Convention Line-Up: BronyCon 2013 - Dragon*Con 2013
Eris (Female Discord, MLP:FiM), Casual Gala Pinkie Pie (MLP:FiM)
The 10th Doctor, blue suit variation (DW), Queen Mab's Party Dress (Dresden Files: Cold Days), Party Pirate Pinke Pie

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #59547
Hielostar
House of Hielo

Fairly productive week this week (even with everything that has been going on -_-). Finished Link's tunic and hat. This is the first time I've worked on sleeves (fairly decent results) and a fancy collar (more annoying results, but I'll deal).

Next step is the wig, and then Link will be essentially finished - which means time to give him some fun belt pouches to carry some items during the con (like my wallet, phone, 3DS, and ocarina).
Link (Adult) - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Hange Zoe - Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan
Rocket Grunt - Pokemon series
Hielostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #59548
Kitylin
witch of time

literally the only good thing about having to come home from college this summer is that my precious babe of a sewing machine will be here otherwise i'm going to miss my friends can i bring them home with me ywy
Kitylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #59549
Khorrupt

I just found a wig that I didn't know I had in my cosplay box. It looks exactly like Rapunzel's short brown hair, which is fucking fantastic, because I did a Rapunzel costume last year, although I opted for her long hair, and it was heavy and aggravating, and I'm also having to fix it up to meet my increased cosplay standards. It's nice now to know that I can still wear my Rapunzel costume worry-free~

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~kigurumi!Silkie (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Elizabethan!TARDIS - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier - 15% complete
~Princess Peach - 0% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #59550
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Just realized how easy it would be to cosplay creed from Black Cat...