Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 04-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #59566
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Talked to my parents about why I want to cosplay Grell for the moment right now and explained my various reasons for wanting to do so. They were totally fine with it, though whether it's just from them not really giving a crap what I do, I don't know. xD I'm still excited to start on him.

Also, it seems my girlfriend and a few friends are planning an Adventure Time group for an upcoming con.
...I am very tempted to jump into this party as Prince Gumball by using the Arda gift card I got to get the wig. I'm just not sure what wig would actually work for him. O.o Any suggestions?
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #59567
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

My real Riff wig came today! It needs a little trimming in the back but it's otherwise perfect. I'll try to get a picture sometime tonight or to tomorrow X) so happy.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Jessica Jones-Netflix's Defenders (revamp,) Keith-Macross Delta, Diana Cavendish-Little Witch Academia, Shinjuro Kurama-Kamisama Kiss (Revamp,) Liv Moore-iZombie, Newt Scamander-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Licht von Granzreich-The Royal Tutor, Leo Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Maki Nishikino-Love Live (Christmas outfit)
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #59568
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

My AC is on the fritz and the maintenance dudes should be over sometime today to check it out. I thought about cleaning up the random cosplay projects in my living room but laziness prevailed.

Based on some of my less-than-charming neighbors, I doubt the maintenance guys will be fazed by my strange hobby.
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: ???
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #59569
torifire
Firebender

I'm a fledgling cosplayer and have decided to cosplay as Princess Azula but I don't know where to start. I have a minimal budget and I can't even sew or make costumes ;.;
torifire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #59570
Gamedraco Cosplay
Use the Triforce Link

I am extremely close to finishing my costume up. I will probably finish it in May.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

Conventions Attending:
2016 Wondercon

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Complete
Hero's Shade: Complete
Majora's Mask Skull Kid: In progress. Patterns Drafted
Future Cosplay plans:
Paper Mario 64 Bowser
Sceptile
Personal Fursona
Gamedraco Cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #59571
sooyong
Ninja for Hire

I sit at work, itching to work on cosplay, but then when I get home, I'm either tired or confused about how I should do something. Yesterday I just wasn't feeling well and went to bed at 9:30...what a waste

sooyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #59572
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Finally got some pictures posted up from the gathering I went to yesterday as Stocking!

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/237441/

W.I.P:
Aurora 60th anniversary - Disney
Princess Deku - Drifiting by Stars art
Steampunk Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug
Super Sailor Chibi Moon - Sailor Moon
Female Kylo Ren
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #59573
HMTQ - Madge

Must the gloves be... glittery? I am doing a fem cosplay, but the gloves I got have a sparkle to them that wasn't advertised on the website I bought them from.
HMTQ - Madge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #59574
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

I seriously think I'm gonna wear my new Riff wig to school tomorrow. It's just a short silver wig so it won't get in my way or anything...
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Jessica Jones-Netflix's Defenders (revamp,) Keith-Macross Delta, Diana Cavendish-Little Witch Academia, Shinjuro Kurama-Kamisama Kiss (Revamp,) Liv Moore-iZombie, Newt Scamander-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Licht von Granzreich-The Royal Tutor, Leo Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Maki Nishikino-Love Live (Christmas outfit)
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #59575
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

My black beads for Kyo's bracelet arrived yesterday! Yay! Now I just have to wait for the white ones to make it across the Pacific and the country and I'll be able to get Kyo finished!

2018 Conventions: Marcon, DragonCon
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #59576
Kelley
Devil of Details

I can't wait for school to be out so I can finally get this costume going.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #59577
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Looking back at all my cosplay photos... it seems I really do need to work on smiling in them. I try, at the time I always THINK I'm smiling but then I get them back and it looks something like this or this and I just look pretty displeased or expressionless.

Anybody got any tips for smiling in photos? ;__; I like to avoid smiling with my teeth or smiling too wide so I try to get that 'just right' smile for me and seems I can't ever do it.. at this rate I'm going to have to stick to characters that don't smile much.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #59578
Kelley
Devil of Details

^ I would have a friend take pictures and I'd try out all different things. See what it looks like !

I wouldn't be worried about smiling "too big" - I think often there are things that we think looks bad on ourselves, but that no one else sees. My friend and I talked about each other's pictures and I think it's really true - she sees things about herself that I can't and vice versa. I think that even if a person has good body image, we're just so used to ourselves that we're a lot more critical than other people are.

Actually in the pipes:
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #59579
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
^ I would have a friend take pictures and I'd try out all different things. See what it looks like !

I wouldn't be worried about smiling "too big" - I think often there are things that we think looks bad on ourselves, but that no one else sees. My friend and I talked about each other's pictures and I think it's really true - she sees things about herself that I can't and vice versa. I think that even if a person has good body image, we're just so used to ourselves that we're a lot more critical than other people are.
That sounds like a good idea, to be honest I probably am a little too self consious... but when it comes to photos I guess it's important for me to be happy with them personally? And I really don't like how it looks when I try and smile wide (like honestly it sorta makes me look like I'm about to murder somebody, I can't pull off that type of smile) but I suppose trying never hurts!

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:22 AM   #59580
Kelley
Devil of Details

It can also unfortunately be luck of the draw when your pictures are taken by others.

When working with a professional, they should know and understand what you're trying to achieve - how YOU want to look. And even then there will be a fair number of pictures that will be tossed out because they just won't work. The angle, lighting, et cetera - sometimes even if it looked good in the next picture from one foot over, might not be perfect as-is.

That's why it can be frustrating when having your picture taken by random people, because they don't always know how to work with you and make you look your best - so they'll have a higher rate of "toss outs".

Knowing what makes you look good in pictures can help them and can go a long way - but don't get discouraged, because even if you look perfect people can still take pictures that look bad just because they are not photographers for a living or even as a hobby they are trying to work on.

Actually in the pipes: