Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1142 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-12-2005, 10:41 PM   #46
Tenebrae
Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea
Also: ...Man, these pants are so tight I'm going to have to stuff to look plausible. ...What on earth does one stuff WITH? And am I going to have to look for pics of guys' crotches in tight pants to use as references? ;_; Cause darned if I've ever paid attention...
*rofl*
David Bowie's character from Labyrinth is a good reference point...
<-- paid waaay too much attention

-Tenebrae (ooh, I cut out ONE PANT LEG so can take a break! Go, me! *snicker*).

Unread 12-12-2005, 10:52 PM   #47
AncientWanderer
Sidekick Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenebrae
*rofl*
Mmmm, Goblin King bwahaha. There's also that prince from Ever After, I totally forget the actor's name. Now THERE'S an awkward sight when you're 10 years old and you see it with your parents :S
Unread 12-12-2005, 11:05 PM   #48
Dewy
Sicut erat in principio

I LOVE MY NEMU FABRIC omg *snuggles it*>w< *talks to fabric*I can't wait to make you a costuuumme...

Katsu/ Natsuki (Mai HIME), Asa (Shuffle!), Nemu (Bleach), Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon)

Thine LJ
Dewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2005, 11:08 PM   #49
Captain Gundam

What do you mean i cant cut the sleeves out?! This sweater is the cheapest i can find and im not going to find another one.
Unread 12-12-2005, 11:14 PM   #50
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Right now?
"I'm done! This top sucks, but it's done."
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2005, 11:16 PM   #51
Koneko_Asami

Quote:
*rofl*

Hahaha. Definitely go for Jareth ;D. My friends and I have inside jokes about that.

...I really need to start on my new Shuichi. ;_;.
Koneko_Asami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2005, 11:53 PM   #52
EverEvolvingGrl
The Muscles from Brussels

I made my pirotess costume.... upside down.... its tighter on the bottom than on the top... I'm surrounded by cookies and cakes and I CAN"T FOCUS!

"If I had known I was destined for a premature demise.... I would have eaten more butter."
EverEvolvingGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2005, 12:13 AM   #53
YoshidaEri

"I have to hand sew the whole bottom of this damn skirt?!?! Frick...... Curse 5 layers of fabric, even if it is remotely thin. Tomorrow I must work on my shirt also...."
Otakon 2008 + August 8th-10th 2008 + Baltimore Maryland
AnimeFest 2008 + August 29th - September 1st + Dallas Texas
YoshidaEri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2005, 12:26 AM   #54
Rifa
Cosplay-aholic

I have no money. Sorry friends and family, christmas money is going to... cosplay.
Rifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2005, 12:37 AM   #55
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientWanderer
Mmmm, Goblin King bwahaha. There's also that prince from Ever After, I totally forget the actor's name. Now THERE'S an awkward sight when you're 10 years old and you see it with your parents :S
lmfao! Omg...when me and my cousins saw that in the theater my cousin Leslie goes "WOAH! BIG!! " I thought I'd pee my pants laughing!
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2005, 12:38 AM   #56
Rynn
WCS Team USA 2010

Should I waste a money and get a wig for Selphie or cut 3 inches off my hair and flip it? Wigs always look better but it's such a waste of money if I can do it by cutting my hair...but then it'll be at that awkward "medium" length for a few months. Is it worth it?? How hard is it to flip a wig?

And furthermore, Acen isn't until MAY. WHY AM I EVEN THINKING ABOUT IT?
Unread 12-13-2005, 12:53 AM   #57
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Quote:
*rofl*

Well, er, yeah, I kind of couldn't help noticing. But it was so noticeable, I was thinking maybe it was prosthetic, and therefore not a realistic reference? XD At any rate, it's good to know everyone agrees - staring at David Bowie's "area" is not weird, just normal.

And darnit, I had this same kind of thing going on with the Sydney costume, except that the official artwork and screenshots make it look like he's probably not got anything down there anyway. -_- Dorian almost certainly does, considering how eager he seems to be to use it on the Major.

(Asexual, therefore honestly do not spend time looking at or thinking about crotches of either gender... except for cosplay purposes. Sigh.)
Unread 12-13-2005, 01:04 AM   #58
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

I am jealous of all those getting to make Magna Carta costumes. I *really* wanna work on Rith SOON, but I'm also worried I'll mess it up big-time and that it won't turn out how I want. I wonder if I'll actually even look like her.

I also really wanna work on one of my dream costumes because I'm actually sorta afraid that someone else will do it first. >.<

I feel I am lacking in skills. I wonder if I can sew on-par with my friends who haven't been making cheapo easy costumes like I have been...

Part of me recently has been wondering if I do it for the attention... but I don't really like having my photo taken, although I do like comments in my gallery. Who doesn't?

I wonder if anyone will recognize Ise Nanao at Comiket in a few weeks... and I wonder what the people I meet will be like since I've only "talked" to them online.

I wonder if I will ever finish those costumes that are in bins at my house. And what am I going to do with them when I leave Japan?

I need to learn how to make a corset. And I need to lose some weight and tone up for future costumes...

And I hate that I can't figure out how to "look good" not smiling. So many people can do it... and I just look dumb. :/

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2005, 01:40 AM   #59
Miss Tea
kiss them for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientWanderer
My random thought? I really should stop thinking of costume ideas when I already have a very full and very unfinished line-up already. It's because of you people, I tells ya! I keep seeing threads for group meetings and I think "Hey, I could totally make such-and-such character!" But really...I can't.
YES. i think that all the time!!! must somehow find a way to resist joining all the gatherings i read about...

current random thought: why i am spending so much time on this prop?!?! it's a stupid book! made out of cheap craft form, construction paper and glue! i should be working on my wigs. yes. i should. but drawing the cover for "icha icha" is just so much more amusing...
Unread 12-13-2005, 01:44 AM   #60
Rynn
WCS Team USA 2010

"I also really wanna work on one of my dream costumes because I'm actually sorta afraid that someone else will do it first. >.< "

I second that!! : (