Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1126 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 05-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #60046
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Finally got the pants needed for my Jolteon cosplay ordered. About time.

All I need is a wig for this costume to be complete but my mom said that she isn't ordering another wig because I already have one and "just have to make do with that." In case you haven't noticed, Mother, that wig doesn't go with that costume, it goes with a different one.

Meh, whatever, maybe I can't get a wig for Jolt now but I am going to bug her into buying me one before OAD. >>

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #60047
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

More updating on my Grell costume~
I emailed them about Wonderflex today, being very careful to word it so that I only sound curious about why it took so long and not impatient and selfish wanting free things. Still, I got a reply within a couple of hours apologizing and explaining they are just swamped with orders, but that they would send mine out tomorrow.
Oh my ;w; I wasn't expecting that and they didn't need to but I'm certainly happy about it! I get to make teeeeeeth.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #60048
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
More updating on my Grell costume~
I emailed them about Wonderflex today, being very careful to word it so that I only sound curious about why it took so long and not impatient and selfish wanting free things. Still, I got a reply within a couple of hours apologizing and explaining they are just swamped with orders, but that they would send mine out tomorrow.
Oh my ;w; I wasn't expecting that and they didn't need to but I'm certainly happy about it! I get to make teeeeeeth.
Awesome, bro. It's always tough to get the right tone in emails, and it seems like you nailed it. Good luck with the teeth.
Also your Grell wig looks awesome.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 75%
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 0%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #60049
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
Awesome, bro. It's always tough to get the right tone in emails, and it seems like you nailed it. Good luck with the teeth.
Also your Grell wig looks awesome.
Thank you. I am quite proud of it. I guess my near-paranoia paid off. I'll be honest, I was making the weirdest face while I was styling just going "Don't mess up don't mess up don't mess up" but because of how careful I was being I paid a lot of attention to what I was doing..and I think it turned out well. I just need to try it on again and see how the back layers are looking.
I'm also giving everyone permission to smack me if I manage to mess up the teeth. >.< I'll have plenty of materials to work with, though, at least, since it's the only thing I'm getting Wonderflex for. xD
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #60050
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

My wigs for Virgil and Ernest shipped, I'm way too happy 8D
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #60051
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

I'm planning on either making a human Toothina or Fem!North for the Guardian's Ball. (Basically tumblr prom for the ROTG fandom.) I have pretty much everything for both however^^ If I decide to be Tooth, I would have to make a feather clip to put in the bangs of my Gumi wig. All I would have to do is buy feathers for it, after my grand discovery of clips in the basement.

Kaito from Air Gear has been one of my dream cosplays since I decided I wanted to cosplay. I figured out today that all I need to complete him is a wig and a men's tank top. I might pass out from excitement!
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #60052
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Home for the summer! *collapses* I get one day to rest and sleep and then panic as I try to get Camellia Luka done for AnimeNorth. Really hoping we can get all of the annoying parts done on Thursday...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #60053
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

I'm sort of in a cosplay slump.
Anime Weekend Atlanta is only four months away, I have nothing done and no clue what to even do anymore. I need some type of inspiration to get me going but I don't know what that will take.
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #60054
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoboxDreamer View Post
I'm sort of in a cosplay slump.
Anime Weekend Atlanta is only four months away, I have nothing done and no clue what to even do anymore. I need some type of inspiration to get me going but I don't know what that will take.
I know what you mean...I have things I could do but I'm not exactly sure of any sort of line up. I've been really good about not watching nor reading anything except an occasional catch up of a series I didn't finish, but other than that....nothing.

I just....keep trying to keep working on things, perhaps a surprise cosplay for a friend. I have other things I'd like to do but...lack the motivation and materials to work on. I have wigs in need of replacing and little bits and pieces of things that need to be cleaned up or replaced. It's a little frustrating to have some things done but not have others that I'd have expected to have finished long before now.

I should be focused on getting ready for a convention in June instead.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 12:50 AM   #60055
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

I just ordered 6 fabric swatches for Fleur. I'm just praying I can find a match in one of them *crosses fingers*
------------------
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #60056
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Ugh. Apparently, according to my mom, my dad is really not liking this whole cosplay thing anymore and he wants to have a talk with me about growing up. -_-. Ugh. I know this is going to end bad. Got to think of ways to ways to convince him that cosplay is a good thing and all that jazz. There is no way I'm going to stop cosplaying forever.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #60057
FunnyValentine
See You Space Cowboy

so animeNEXT is coming up. I have never felt more relaxed about my cosplays in my entire time cosplaying.

Basically everything is done!
I need to do the details on Stocking, which I would like to get finished before my wig arrives today. I think I can do it.

I have to make Tidus' arm and sculpt the pieces of jewelery. Now that my boyfriend is done with the semester, we could be able to knock this out today or tomorrow.

So yes..basically..all I have to do is an arm. AN ARM. THAT'S IT. I FEEL SO RELAXED!

Facebook Cosplay Page
DeviantArt
FunnyValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #60058
Chibi_Miyuki

I'm both excited and nervous to do my first crossplays for Fanime. Also really excited to cosplay Fem!America! It seems like time can't pass quickly enough for Fanime to get here!
Chibi_Miyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #60059
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Got Essi's cuffs all made and was about to install the snaps when I realized...I made them two inches too short. I used the rest of my bias tape before I even realized it, now I need to go buy more before I can do any work on them now.
Also cosplay plans for A-Kon keep getting jumbled around xD Ahah. I don't think I'm going to bring Ciel, instead I'm going to bring a casual Russia to go with my friend's Fem!Prussia.
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #60060
Musouka_Ningyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi_Miyuki View Post
I'm both excited and nervous to do my first crossplays for Fanime. Also really excited to cosplay Fem!America! It seems like time can't pass quickly enough for Fanime to get here!
Nononononononono time can't go slowly enough between now and Fanime. ;o;

At least I started on my wings, and am maybe 1/3 of the way done with the feathers, but they need some serious help to prevent from flopping down. sigh. I haven't started sewing Calisto Yew yet, but I have about half a 2x3dent done, so I'll feel a lot better about )(IC now that I'll probably have a prop.

but it's finaaaallllllssssss~~~ ;o;
)(er Imperious Condescension (Homestuck)Ballgown Dreamer Roxy Lalonde (Homestuck)
Misc. other cosplays
Musouka_Ningyou is offline   Reply With Quote