Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #60211
Kitylin
witch of time

sighs i don't get my sewing machine back until next saturday what am i even supposed to do
Kitylin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #60212
ilafatyu
That guy

Made PiC's Mor's leg binds and half the dress today (why did she get such cheap fabric though, you can see through it ughhh), and finished the base for Judal's ponytail. Working all day tomorrow, but after that I should be able to either finish the dress or put the hair on the base. PiC's chainmail quest is looking pretty good so far too. Lots of progress today.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren, Absol gijinka
Upgrading : Zexion (wig), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 03:47 AM   #60213
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Today was a really good day of shopping in Japan.

First stop was the seifuku shop. I went in and bought a uniform. I can now fool people by saying I went to Nobeoka High School. XD The best part was, the people at the store were just highly amused. They already know I'm a college student, and 22 years old. They got me the the blouse, and when I asked about skirts they were like "REALLY?" They didn't get it, but just smiled and laughed along with me as I told them, "Watashi wa Amerikajin desu!" Good enough excuse for them, and they have a story to tell about that strange American college student who came in and bought seifuku. XD

Second stop was the mall. THE MALL HAD A KIMONO STORE. So very happy, and I figured since I'm here, I might as well get stuff to finish off Len! So I got more himo, a makura, and an obi scarf. And let me tell you, the obi scarf was... was a mission. I'm glad my friend's host brother was there to help translate because my limited Japanese couldn't really convey anything properly. And let me tell you, the moment I told the woman I had a furisode, her jaw dropped. She could barely believe me! But it impressed her enough so that she tried to sell me a whole set of jime, scarf, and makura. But I didn't quite have the cash for that, so I settled for one of the cheaper scarves in a lovely spring green with cream accents~ Lookit that, I'm still getting cosplay stuff done! IMMA BE THE MOST GORGEOUS LEN AT THE BALL. *shot*

My God I love Japan, though. The shopping here is way amazing~
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #60214
AnimeLuxray25

@Reily: I'm really glad you found the stuff you needed! I've always wanted to go to Japan. :3

So today's the last day of Florida Anime Experience. I hope I can go, I was only there Saturday for like 3 hours. Totally wasn't enough. I didn't get a lot of pictures. :<
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #60215
RaveRaiderX

Has anyone ever used the site called cosplay-costume.com/lolita & cosplay world before?
http://www.cosplay-costume.com/trigu...ume-p-533.html

I couldn't find much other information about this site when I searched for it here on cosplay.com.

If you have used it before, how did it go for you?

Any and all information or responses here or to my inbox will help and be appreciated.
Thank you!
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #60216
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Official Momocon 2014 announcement was made yesterday..and I am not happy in the slighest about it. They were booked in a pretty big hotel (one of the ones used for Dragon Con) and have spread it out to the two hotels linked by a skybridge. This is a good thing.

But they've also decided to move it from March to May- specifically, to Memorial Day weekend.
I am not pleased. At all. First of all, this leaves a huge gap without conventions in Georgia- from Anime Day, in October/November, all the way to Anime Day in April/May. This really does annoy me. I need a con to tide me over while everyone around me heads off and gushes about ConNooga and MTAC, so that I don't feel left in the dust and forgotten.
Second of all, moving it to a holiday weekend. Atlanta traffic + Holiday weekend = NO.
Third of all, now it clashes really badly with other cons. I knew of three huge cons going on this weekend, and quite frankly, Momocon isn't going to win out many people. Locally, there's Animazement- which I would really much rather go to, if I were able to go out of state. Then, there's Fanime and Anime North, which I know some of my friends also go to. And as for things that aren't the exact same weekend- now most of our state's cons are squished into the blisteringly hot con season. AAD in late April, Momo in late May, Seishun in late June, a bit of a break before you have Dragon Con and AWA, then AAD again to end off the year in November.
And then a big gap of nothing when it would be the perfect opportune time for me to wear my hot layered costumes :/

They're going to lose more people than they will gain by this change, I can almost guarantee it. And even piss off some of the ones that will go regardless simply because they don't have much of a choice. Heck, I'm not even sure if I'll be able to go next year even if I want to: My dad might not take me through Memorial Day weekend traffic.

Tl;dr MOMOCON WHY DO YOU KEEP MAKING DECISIONS I HATE.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #60217
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Well, Quorra was a HUGE success last night and Friday at Anime North. No less than a hundred people a night took photos and probably a thousand "Tron!" "Quorra!" Or "OMG cool!" Remarks. And I found a fantastic spot in the hotel hallway with reflective black shiny floors and glass walls for pictures. Followed by me basically having someone wanting my picture every ten seconds while there. I can hardly imagine what version 2 will bring next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #60218
AnimeLuxray25

Welp, looks like I'm not going back to Anime Experience today. It stinks because I wasn't there very long Saturday and there's so much going on today I really wanted to do. Oh well, at least I got to attend in the first place. *erases FAE from plans*

Now what's next?
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #60219
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

Managed to complete the short Celestia wig (for my husband's Prince Celest costume)... 12 sharpies in 5 colors, 3 days of bed rest, and 1 Derek in white from Arda: Prince Celest

Since I can't sit atmy sewing machine, or crawl on the floor for patterning, I think I'm going to try sewing the colors in the Twilight wig next... If I don't keep working on something, I will lose my tiny little mind.

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #60220
Shana05
Survivor

Visiting the Harry Potter park in Orlando rekindled my desire to cosplay a Beauxbatons student. Too bad they didn't sell the hat there (which they really should). There are two choices on etsy: an afforable, but inaccurate crochet version or an accurate but expensive version. I might just save up and buy the latter besides the cosplay could be done without the hat.

My friend has been doing something called Pottertalia where she mixes Harry Potter with Hetalia. I'm thinking of doing fem!France as a Beauxbatons student. I figure it will be read as Fleur but I'm alright with that.

A-Kon 2016: Spyro Gijinka (Spyro: Year of the Dragon) - fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Rinne ??????

Last edited by Shana05 : 05-26-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #60221
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

So I've decided to cosplay Hirato from karneval next year and I want to make a little plushie of one of the sheep that are always walking around the ship.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) May-Pokemon, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Dia Kurosawa-Love Live Sunshine, Osamu Dazai-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #60222
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Soooo....I got a notification on Instagram on my Kuro Usagi/Black Rabbit wip photo saying: "I dont think kuro usagi suits you o.o no offence"

On another note, I'm already packing a few cosplaying things for Anime Expo.....normal? xD

W.I.P:
Holiday Sailor Moon- NoFlutter
Princess Hilda - LOZ:ALBW
Historically Accurate Tiana - Princess and the Frog
Goddess Vaporeon - Pokemon

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 05-26-2013 at 09:30 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #60223
ilafatyu
That guy

I've talked it over with PiC, and for PortCon we'll be doing casual/urban versions of Sheik and Link. It's going to be cool. I just need to figure out how to get the essential elements of Sheik's cosplay (tabard design, mostly) into the costume. Can't wait to design this sucker.

PiC's in charge of Link, so I have no idea what she's planning. Except that it will involve a beanie.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren, Absol gijinka
Upgrading : Zexion (wig), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #60224
Hallowin

It is really hard to make a decision between Moka and Yuno >.<
What
I
Love
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cosplay1

Cosplay2
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hallowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #60225
TeaForThought
Knows nothing

Ugh....for something that was supposed to be simple and quick...lining a cloak is not simple nor quick. This is the second day I've worked on it and I'm still not done. However I did make my tie...ribbon type thing after Goodwill failed me and I messed up the first one. That was way more painting than I actually had patience for but I'm done so that's something. Tomorrow or Tuesday I can finish the shoulders and the hood and try everything on and hopefully my bang clip from Arda will come in quickly.

It feels odd yet so good to make some progress on something, even though my sewing skills aren't the best.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote