Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1094 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #60211
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

@AnimeLuxray25: Everything looks super great^^

I am like the last person to read FMA. Seriously. But now that I am reading it, I am super in love! For the first time ever, my instinct was to cosplay a girl from the series. I REALLY want to be Izumi~

Also super mega ulta excited because volleyball tryouts are the week after Otakon~ I am literally so happy right now!
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #60212
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

My Felicita wig (aka my last wig I get to order this year :'( ) came in today! Not as long as I thought it would be, but then again it would be a bit harder to take care of haha xD But now I gotta cut and style it!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3387344/

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Ruby Rose/Blake Belladonna - RWBY 10%

Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #60213
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Good news: My friend cut my Virgil wig for me, so Virgil is ready for otakon! 8D

Less than good news: my friend keeps giving me Sailor Moon/codename Sailor V feels and is making me want to cosplay Kaito Ace. Maybe if I can go to the cherry blossom festival with my friends next year...
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #60214
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Essi's sleeves are fully done!
I have the collar cuff ready, though it came out a bit too big so I might remake it...And I have the chest/neck thing all sewn on, now all I need to do is try it on and sew the upper parts so they fit like they're supposed to, then sew on the collar.
And she'll be all done! Ahah, I'm so excited to be almost finished.
And I have tights for her now, that I can also use for Hipster!Russia. I love things that I can reuse for other cosplays, makes life so much easier.
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #60215
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I ended up getting to go to Sally's today! So I got lipliner for Grell's eyebrows, and did a full makeup test for him. (well, almost full. Still have to figure out fake eyelashes)
I don't mean to sound cocky, but I'm surprised at how good of a Grell I actually am. I expected myself to be the WORST, but I'm not too bad. I do still need to work on getting the eyebrows more symmetrical, but I was also in a hurry to test it all out, too. I also can't believe he's almost done. I have to find a pair of shoes for him, get some more paint for the chainsaw, and order the costume..then he's done. My first technical dream cosplay will be done. <3 Then we start working on other versions, of course XD

I'm also still wondering how to break the news to my homophobic parents that he's a psycho chainsaw-wielding perverted transvestite...I'm terrified to learn their reaction to that one XD
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #60216
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
@AnimeLuxray25: Everything looks super great^^

I am like the last person to read FMA. Seriously. But now that I am reading it, I am super in love! For the first time ever, my instinct was to cosplay a girl from the series. I REALLY want to be Izumi~

Also super mega ulta excited because volleyball tryouts are the week after Otakon~ I am literally so happy right now!
Thank you! And I haven't read FMA yet, so you're only the second to last person! \0/

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #60217
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

I have two 2 ounce jars of fabric paint and I know I need far more for painting some boots, gauntlets and a belt. I just don't know how much I do need though since I am thinking of getting it in a gallon size container.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

Conventions Attending:
2015 Anime LA
2015 Anime Expo

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Complete
Hero's Shade: base patterns done. 5% complete.
Future Cosplay plans:
Jedi Link 3.0
Mewtwo
JediofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #60218
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Oh. my. Goodness. I could've been at Florida Anime Experience hours ago now. I've missed like four panels I wanted to see. Why are my sister and mom taking so long? ;_;

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

Unread 05-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #60219
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Woo! Got a Rainbow Dash base wig for a mere $30 in the dealer's room. I want to do a cheap summer-friendly version for next year, and the wig was being a real p.i.t.a to figure out how to get a decent one cheaply OR how to make my own, and in the style I wanted. So, woo! And since this is con money, it's technically no extra out of my pocket.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #60220
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Meh...I could have easily just crossed the Mexican border to attend an anime convention down there but I have to be home to watch my sister's kids who are attending a birthday party :x Oh well....I guess there is always next year

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Ruby Rose/Blake Belladonna - RWBY 10%

Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #60221
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Me and my Anon have planned to do a genderbent version of Essi and Anon in the future~ ouo
We talked to Zeiva (Mirage) about it and she's totally excited about it and is giving us the creative liberty to design them how we want >3< As long as male Essi is perverted and female Anon is tsundere.
I already have Essi's planned out and I can use it as an excuse to get an Arda wig, Hansel is perfect. And I get to buy a nice vest...
We now have so many future cosplays planned, I have no idea if my cosplay list can handle them all, I'm so excited!
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #60222
Kitylin
witch of time

sighs i don't get my sewing machine back until next saturday what am i even supposed to do
Kitylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #60223
Ilafatyu
That guy

Made PiC's Mor's leg binds and half the dress today (why did she get such cheap fabric though, you can see through it ughhh), and finished the base for Judal's ponytail. Working all day tomorrow, but after that I should be able to either finish the dress or put the hair on the base. PiC's chainmail quest is looking pretty good so far too. Lots of progress today.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 03:47 AM   #60224
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Today was a really good day of shopping in Japan.

First stop was the seifuku shop. I went in and bought a uniform. I can now fool people by saying I went to Nobeoka High School. XD The best part was, the people at the store were just highly amused. They already know I'm a college student, and 22 years old. They got me the the blouse, and when I asked about skirts they were like "REALLY?" They didn't get it, but just smiled and laughed along with me as I told them, "Watashi wa Amerikajin desu!" Good enough excuse for them, and they have a story to tell about that strange American college student who came in and bought seifuku. XD

Second stop was the mall. THE MALL HAD A KIMONO STORE. So very happy, and I figured since I'm here, I might as well get stuff to finish off Len! So I got more himo, a makura, and an obi scarf. And let me tell you, the obi scarf was... was a mission. I'm glad my friend's host brother was there to help translate because my limited Japanese couldn't really convey anything properly. And let me tell you, the moment I told the woman I had a furisode, her jaw dropped. She could barely believe me! But it impressed her enough so that she tried to sell me a whole set of jime, scarf, and makura. But I didn't quite have the cash for that, so I settled for one of the cheaper scarves in a lovely spring green with cream accents~ Lookit that, I'm still getting cosplay stuff done! IMMA BE THE MOST GORGEOUS LEN AT THE BALL. *shot*

My God I love Japan, though. The shopping here is way amazing~
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #60225
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

@Reily: I'm really glad you found the stuff you needed! I've always wanted to go to Japan. :3

So today's the last day of Florida Anime Experience. I hope I can go, I was only there Saturday for like 3 hours. Totally wasn't enough. I didn't get a lot of pictures. :<