Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1068 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 06-24-2013, 03:14 AM   #60826
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

My local con finally has decided to make a Masquerade event instead of two separate events. Which seems logical to me but there is the problem for my friends since they planned to do skits and the cosplay contest in two different cosplays. The Cosplay contest one being significantly more complicated to get in and out of. They say they think they can wear it under neath the suit but I don't think its going to work out for them all that well... In particular my friend in the Quad suit.... *sigh*

^^ They've also made the decision that they want to start becoming more like Mainland conventions, which is awesome!~ Kawaii Kon seemed to be stuck for a couple years, hopefully this brings it back.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #60827
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Yay! Designed one gijinka, five more to go!

*sobs*

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #60828
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I finally found my missing socks yesterday. They were in a box of a bunch of cosplay clothing I had thrown together while trying to get things cleaned up at one point. I found the socks, base bag for the TARDIS bag, stuff for Haruko and a couple other shirts. Finding that box has reignited my motivation to get things done! Yay!

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #60829
Scarecrow1992
Enthusiast of the Obscure

So I decided against trying Heavy and instead opted to give Soldier a try. Looks straight forward, except for his rocket launcher, but even then it should be a cinch.

That said, I need to make a shopping list of supplies (Ran out of hot glue and paint. D: )
Tommy Vercetti (GTA Vice City)
Ash Williams (Evil Dead)
Wolverine (Marvel Comics)
Rex Power Colt (Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon)
Mankind (WWE)
Post-Apocalypse Thor (Marvel)
Ellis (Left 4 Dead 2)

Last edited by Scarecrow1992 : 06-24-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Scarecrow1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #60830
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

since I have nothing else to do right now I took new pictures of my Jolteon collars. :3

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3401217/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3401218/

Hurry up shirt so I can do what I need to you!

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #60831
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Going to the craft store later to buy stuff to make Hirato's staff, and then maybe to Target to get belts for him.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #60832
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

I think I'm going to have to go to the store myself as well. I need to get navy blue slacks and a red sports watch and I have not been able to find one at yard sales. Also need some leather and need to work on my Kill-Ballad sticker.
Zoro - One Piece (Eventually)
Ippo - Hajime no Ippo (Eventually)
Hody - One Piece (Eventually)
Free - Soul Eater (Otakon 2013, Completed)
Goku - Dragon Ball Z (Otakon 2014, Completed)

My Facebook cosplay group - Southern Maryland Cosplay (Anyone can join)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #60833
dandylion360

Looking forward to pay day Friday so I can get some new supplies
dandylion360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #60834
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Had a mini photoshoot for Slave!Russia and 2P fem!Prussia yesterday and it went very well~ I'm so happy since Russia's clothes were a last minute thing and I lost my tube of blood the night before.
We are probably going to get more pictures of them Sunday, that gives me some extra time to take the cheese grater to a few spots I missed, find some new blood and make his clothes look more dirty.

On a totally different note, I've hit a wall with what to do with my wigs. Right now I keep them all on wig heads on my dresser, but there's definitely not going to be enough space for many more-At least not enough for the ones I need.
I'm partially thinking of buying another tote bag or a lidded plastic tote and leaving them in their bags. But then I'm more apt to lose the whole thing or forget they are in there.
I'm kinda thinking of just buying the plastic tote and keeping my current projects or 'problem wigs' on the dresser-Wigs that would need to stay styled, are dirty and bloody, etc. Is that a good idea?

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #60835
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I think I picked the hottest time of day on the hottest day this summer to walk the approximate mile to my local craft store, but dang it I got the stuff to make Hirato's staff jewel!
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #60836
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

My fabric just came in today!!!!! But since I paid way more than I should have for it, I'm going to be sure to make complete mockups before I even THINK about cutting into my silk. At nearly $20 a yard, here's no room for mistakes (and I don't have another coupon)!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #60837
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I got my new Ciel costume in today! It's wonderful, despite being a bit difficult to maneuver in at times ^^; But that's my own fault. Unfortunately, it also seems any skill I had in cosplaying Ciel has gone out the window, so no good pictures of it in action right now. It's also probably going to be too warm to wear to Seishun, so I'm probably going to throw together a last minute casual Grell to wear instead.
On that note, I learned we had some modeling clay lying around and made some skulls for my Grell glasses! And they look much better now Though I started watching Soul Eater as well and now..kind of really want to cosplay Soul seeing as I've wanted to make his scythe arm for the longest time and already have the teeth to wear with him. I made a little prototype, but I'm not actually sure what materials to use for the real thing. The only one I've seen in action used sheet plastic, but I've got no idea how easy it would be to work with that. I've also been considering cardboard, but I'm kind of notorious for not being able to craft with cardboard to save my life (I always end up bending it at one point or another).
Agh, decisions, decisions. At least it's something to keep me busy.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #60838
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Vanellope skirt uneven..pleats are uneven...con in 10 days...can I cry now?

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #60839
kimuhalu
Step AWAY from the yaoi!

A sudden decision, I think I'm going to Dragon*Con. What do I be?! Should I start work early on The Once-ler? It needs to be pretty compact because I might be flying. (I'd rather drive >_<) Or maybe I can ship it to my friend who can bring it to me. lol I'm so excited.
Unread 06-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #60840
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Well, I finished Shion. So that means I'll start working on Jane again after Cosplacon this weekend.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote