Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1110 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #61066
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Thanks for the advice! ^_^ I ended up asking him and he said he should have them done by next week.
Yayyy, I'm so happy to hear that! And no problem! I'm just glad you got it over it and asked. 8D;; I know I would have been soooo shy to ask too. xP
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicań (Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #61067
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Idk if the Kuroshitsji fandom will ever go away... I'm planning to do Grell next year. >.>

Watched the first episodes of Free! and Brothers Conflict. ^^ My group wants to cosplay series, so I'm going to cosplay Makoto from Free! and Hikaru/Natsume from Brothers Conflict. lolz So yay...more cosplays T_T Admitted all I really want to cosplay right now is Yamato from Devil Survival 2. lolz
Hurray, Grell! And jeez, I was considering cosplaying Free! but everyone is already filling up their cosplay groups for it. Jesus Christ guys xD But I probably would have hated any attempt at it anyways, so not a huge loss.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #61068
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
... Is anyone here an active member of the fandom? ...
I'm a pretty active member of it, Ciel is kinda taking a backseat right now though. It's not as fun without having other people to cosplay it with, unfortunately I always end up finding other Ciels who have a partner and It's no fun being a third wheel. I've recently got back on cosplay grounds with my Sebastian again though, so hopefully we will get back to cosplaying them soon enough.
I do plan on getting more outfits of his though, I only have a rather obscure one right now~
Unread 07-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #61069
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyCiel View Post
I'm a pretty active member of it, Ciel is kinda taking a backseat right now though. It's not as fun without having other people to cosplay it with, unfortunately I always end up finding other Ciels who have a partner and It's no fun being a third wheel. I've recently got back on cosplay grounds with my Sebastian again though, so hopefully we will get back to cosplaying them soon enough.
I do plan on getting more outfits of his though, I only have a rather obscure one right now~
I think it's fun to do more obscure things. Everyone does the main few costumes, but it's cool to break out and do something unusual. Like Indian Ciel. Mmmmhm. I love your black version though, it looks so elegant.

...I just cut to the chase and cosplay the less popular characters, yep.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Sheik upgrades - 0%

Last edited by Ilafatyu : 07-04-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Ilafatyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #61070
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
I don't know. I didn't see all that many at the previous couple cosplay events I was at. If they release another season it might rekindle, but...

I donno. Is anyone here an active member of the fandom? FuntomKitten? Mysterious lurkers? Status report?
;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Yup, still here and not leaving for a while~ Though it may take a backseat cosplay-wise if the local fans keep being as bad as they've been the last few cons and I can't find anyone to cosplay with :< We have a lot of immature ones here, and most of the ones who aren't are..kind of jerks. There are a few wonderful people, but I haven't gotten the chance to really talk to them yet. But as long as the manga keeps going on, I'll continue to read and have discussions (since I really honestly doubt there's a third season coming - they would have already said something about it if there were)
I doubt I'll be doing any more versions of Ciel, though, unless I find a steal on a nice used cosplay or a really awesome partner. It's just not fun being him any more.
Not meaning you still shouldn't cosplay it, Rangiku! If you want to, you should, it just won't be all-over-conventions anymore. I doubt it's going to fade out to nothing though, there're just too many designs that are irresistible xD

Meanwhile..I've dived into watching Karneval. Let's see if I can keep focused on a series for once since I've been in love with the designs for a while Dx I'm super excited to see your Hirato after watching a couple of episodes, Quinn! :3
i was going as Ranmao but can't find a Lau anywhere ;_; I just got into the fandom and its so calm now. I will go it alone though!

Quote:
Idk if the Kuroshitsji fandom will ever go away... I'm planning to do Grell next year. >.>

Watched the first episodes of Free! and Brothers Conflict. ^^ My group wants to cosplay series, so I'm going to cosplay Makoto from Free! and Hikaru/Natsume from Brothers Conflict. lolz So yay...more cosplays T_T Admitted all I really want to cosplay right now is Yamato from Devil Survival 2. lolz
I've never seen a Grell in person :E

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #61071
SA2R
King of the Skies

It seems like I worked forever today, but I really only got one thing done ;; Cosplay just eats up your time D8

Link - Hyrule Warriors
Tomoe - Kamisama kiss
Sebastian - Book of Circus
Snake - Book of Circus
Wen Yang - Dynasty warriors

( ┤ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #61072
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

And the tension builds... so close to done with the kimono - SO CLOSE. Just finishing touches on the lining... I'm just wondering if I can get those extra collars done, as well as add some detail on the hairpins...
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:36 AM   #61073
Ranger Soldat

Hey friends,

I really don't get the judgement on us that want to Cosplay Hellsing Germans?
Ranger Soldat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:53 AM   #61074
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
OMG yay! Makoto is my favorite one of the guys! XD I would love to cosplay Gou but the red wig I have I cannot pull up into a ponytail...

And I want to cosplay Ema. XD She's so CUTE! Although I hate the fact that she has a sailor-fuku school uniform outfit. >_>
XD Makoto is my favorite too!~ I must do the Super Fusion Doppelganger pose >< and Ema is supper cute! Gosh that scene with Kaname! efbudnkmm okay fangirl moment over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Hurray, Grell! And jeez, I was considering cosplaying Free! but everyone is already filling up their cosplay groups for it. Jesus Christ guys xD But I probably would have hated any attempt at it anyways, so not a huge loss.
Haha...I've been meaning to do Grell for over a year now but I keep getting distracted. lol Well the popularity is what got me to watch it. -_-; ALL over my tumblr man. so yeah... Least I can always sneak into the neighbor buildings pool I suppose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangiku12 View Post
I've never seen a Grell in person :E
Eh? really? wow. I thought Grell was one of the more popular characters of the series too... huh.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:57 AM   #61075
Khorrupt

My friends and I discussed doing a Just Dance 4 group cosplay (Moves Like Jagger), and although it's not totally in place yet, I did a rough calculation and I'd be looking at probably $110 for the entire costume. That's not bad, so now I kind of want to...

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
~Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) - 0% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #61076
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA2R View Post
It seems like I worked forever today, but I really only got one thing done ;; Cosplay just eats up your time D8
Seriously, it does. What you think will take an hour is always five.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Sheik upgrades - 0%
Ilafatyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #61077
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
XD Makoto is my favorite too!~ I must do the Super Fusion Doppelganger pose >< and Ema is supper cute! Gosh that scene with Kaname! efbudnkmm okay fangirl moment over.
Yes you must! XD And I loved the scene with Kaname! <3. I've also been trying to find alternate outfits for Ema and I don't like the one outfit I found. >_< Dang it. Why can't this be like Amnesia and have a couple of outfits to chose from?

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #61078
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

I might have thought up a Fem!Haruka from Free! already. My mind is gone.

Anyways, I haven't posted in forever because I literally have nothing I need to work on. Nothing. (I have stuff to work on but I don't have the supplies.)

Also, drastic change for future pics, I have light in my room! I have no overhead light and the one lamp in my room wasn't cutting it. Now with the lamp total up to four, I can see everything and picture quality is going to be so much better~ You can smell my excitement :3
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #61079
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Yes you must! XD And I loved the scene with Kaname! <3. I've also been trying to find alternate outfits for Ema and I don't like the one outfit I found. >_< Dang it. Why can't this be like Amnesia and have a couple of outfits to chose from?
I think she has more in game outfits? Not sure whats going to pop up in the anime though so hopefully you'll have more outfits to pick from.

Last night I managed to find the swimteam? jacket for Free! on Taobao!~ I'm so picking one up next order... Speaking of my next order I'm hoping I can get some regular clothing with my cosplay items because I found some shirts I really like too. ^^

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #61080
Auburn_Kitty
'Taters eh?

Can't seem to decide now if I want to cosplay Sasha or Armin (or both) from "Shingeki no Kyojin" or next year. Hmmm~

Rei Ryugazaki - FREE! (club outfit) Progress = 30-40% DONE
Auburn_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote