Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #62416
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
Yay! I'm happy for you!

And gotta love glitter...
Thank you! ^w^ and I'm gonna love glitter by the end of this project whether I like it or not because he's literally described as "shedding glitter" TWICE in the book :'D
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) May-Pokemon, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Dia Kurosawa-Love Live Sunshine, Osamu Dazai-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #62417
TeaForThought
Knows nothing

Okay so....after fixing whatever was wrong with my computer I can access cosplay.com again.

And I actually did something myself for a cosplay for once.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #62418
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Thank you! ^w^ and I'm gonna love glitter by the end of this project whether I like it or not because he's literally described as "shedding glitter" TWICE in the book :'D
Oh my gosh. I have to read this book.
Friday: Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends)
Saturday: Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill)
Sunday: Lady Two (Drakengard 3)
Monday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.

Formerly Clementine.
mmmeggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #62419
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Quote:
And all I can think whenever I hear glitter is "NOOOOOO stage herpes!". Because the stuff never. Goes. Away. Bane of the techie's existence. >_>

I want to bead something. More accurately: I want to do something bead-embroidered for cosplay but I have no idea what, because it doesn't fit the only embroidery project I'm working on currently and I can't start Sisi yet and alkasdnflkndf. Someone either smack my wrist hard and tell me not to be stupid or give me an idea plz.
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Tumblr ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #62420
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Quote:
Oh my gosh. I have to read this book.
It's really fraking good. The character I decided to cosplay is literally a sassy gay warlock who is actually pretty badass though he covers himself in glitter, dresses outlandishly and loses his miniature cat on occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myalchod View Post
And all I can think whenever I hear glitter is "NOOOOOO stage herpes!". Because the stuff never. Goes. Away. Bane of the techie's existence. >_>
I hear yah there DX I've already assumed that I'll still be sweating Magnus-induced glitter at Thanksgiving, and I'm wearing this cosplay sometime in the next coming weeks :'D
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) May-Pokemon, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Dia Kurosawa-Love Live Sunshine, Osamu Dazai-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,

Last edited by Quinn the Shiki : 08-28-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Unread 08-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #62421
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Quote:
It's really fraking good. The character I decided to cosplay is literally a sassy gay warlock who is actually pretty badass though he covers himself in glitter, dresses outlandishly and loses his miniature cat on occasion.
That sounds amazing. As soon as I get my first paycheck after Sac-Anime I'm probz gonna buy this book.

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.

Formerly Clementine.
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #62422
Padmik
mikky

Definitely gonna make a kaiju kigurumi and a jaeger jacket sometime before the year ends. That'll definitely be a thing.

[Tumblr] [Instagram] [Wordpress]

2016 Conventions
MTAC, DragonCon, AWA

WIP Cosplays
Belle (town dress) - Disney 60% | Kairi - KH3 Design | Uhura (Star Trek 2009) 95% | Evelyn O'Connell - The Mummy 90%
Padmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #62423
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Quote:
That sounds amazing. As soon as I get my first paycheck after Sac-Anime I'm probz gonna buy this book.
Doooo iiiiit

He's not in the first book as much as I'd like, but the parts that he is he's fabulous personified.
And a movie just came out of the first book. I've yet to see it but I've seen pictures from it and Magnus doesn't have nearly enough glitter and it bothers me -3- I'll still go see it though, most likely in costume and shedding glitter.
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #62424
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Quote:
Doooo iiiiit

He's not in the first book as much as I'd like, but the parts that he is he's fabulous personified.
And a movie just came out of the first book. I've yet to see it but I've seen pictures from it and Magnus doesn't have nearly enough glitter and it bothers me -3- I'll still go see it though, most likely in costume and shedding glitter.
Totally going to. And then I can go see the movie too!

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.

Formerly Clementine.
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #62425
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Quote:
Totally going to. And then I can go see the movie too!
Awesome! The first book is called City of Bones. Be sure to let me know what you think when you start it! ^^
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:46 PM   #62426
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

So I just realized I almost have everything for a cosplay of a certain character that I have been wanting to do. I just need a wig and a red tie(and alter a skirt a bit). I've been looking at what other people have done and I can go with a tan skirt instead of a yellow one. I need to keep quiet about the cosplay though since I have a bunch of friends that I want to surprise with this and a couple of them do go on coscom. Not often but I don't want them accidentally stumble on this post. This is going to be great!

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 08-27-2013 at 08:48 PM.
TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #62427
ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyCiel View Post
On an unrelated note, it really irritates me when I'm trying to express my concern over a cosplay to some friends and they just make me feel like I'm a whiny idiot. I talked to a couple people over my Riku concerns and all they had to say was 'Use a see through fabric' and 'Cosplayer know that we won't always be able to see and that we must sacrifice that for a cosplay sometimes.' That I need to get over myself and bring him to the con because they 'really want me to'.
That doesn't help guys. I have a large chance of going blind early in life and my vision already isn't very great as it is. I am literally incapable of doing this cosplay if I can't get the funds for new contacts. There is a difference between slightly meshy vision and being so visually impaired that it poses a danger to both you and everyone around you.
Honestly, with all the trouble I'm having with figuring sight into this cosplay and the snooty reactions I got from the people who just want me to cosplay him, I'm most likely going to drop him. Cosplay is supposed to be about fun, not about how much someone else wants me to do something. Once I become uncomfortable, it's time to drop it...
What you could do is make a blindfold that's easily removable. Like, a band with a snap in the back or something. Walk around without it, then snap it on for pictures and stuff. That's what my PiC did for the cosplay where she needed an eyepatch, and it worked out great.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren, Absol gijinka
Upgrading : Zexion (wig), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #62428
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

I hate being a perfectionist. Mulling over the idea of remaking this shield for Selvaria Bles. I think I've invested 40-50 hours into it and it's, say, 80% done...but I think I could do a better job on round two.

Ugh, all that wasted time though. -_-
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 02:16 AM   #62429
kimuhalu
Jenni Hidari

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstis View Post
60% off I was so excited to see that too! But I wish they wouldn't destroy it so I can use it every day ... too bad my only day off this week is the last day of the coupon T_T

I need some plaid (for Ren faire) but I want to make a Karneval Sheep coat this year too Winter worthy fabric is not cheap!
If you have a smart phone there's another 60% off coupon on their mobile app. Different UPC number, and you can probably use it again another transaction.

btw thanks for reminding me of it, I can use it tomorrow.
Caesar A. Zeppeli (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
kimuhalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #62430
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

I realized last night that I miss my cosplay friends more than my school friends. Plus my school friends have a glazed look in their eyes when I start talking cons and costumes I build...

Other not so happy its payday tonight, I can start getting the other materials I need for Sanguinius that's not foam.
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote