Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #62731
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Ripping off about 100+ individual foam pieces off this shield...so I can make 100+ new pieces to redo it all over again because it just didn't look as good as I thought I could have made it. I'm oddly not too upset over basically tossing a few dozen hours worth or work out the window.
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #62732
Waifu Beam
emiya plz

I really want to be Fem!11th for Halloween this year, but I have no idea if I'll be able to gather all the things in time. Here's hoping. >_<;;;

Butler!Alvin - [Tales of Xillia] ⋆

Next Stop: Anime Expo

Facebook - Instagram
Waifu Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #62733
odinnightowl

what cosplays can yall think of that use braided leather? i have some in my shop and want to turn it more to the cosplay world. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1618668...op_home_active
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #62734
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Realized that as my birthday is in a few weeks I can ask for my Mikasa cosplay for my birthday instead of dropping $150 of my own money on it. Yesss.
Friday: Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends)
Saturday: Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill)
Sunday: Lady Two (Drakengard 3)
Monday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.

Formerly Clementine.
mmmeggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #62735
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

So I finished the second Mortal Instruments book tonight and realized I can actually totally get pictures as Magnus as soon as Monday, since in the last half of book 2, he's just wearing a suit and a long coat and actually forgoes the frak-ton of hair product.

I actually have the stuff in my closet to do this version and I know I'll never be able to again once I do all the hairspray and glitter spikes on my wig.

I talked to my mom and she even agreed to drive me down to the lake by the Walmart and take pictures for me, since unfortunately it's the only body of water I have (he's technically at a river when he wears this outfit but I don't have that, I have a lake down the street from a Walmart.)

Plus it gives me an opportunity to stop at Walmart and buy hair wax. EXCITEMENT!
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Chuuya Nakahara-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #62736
Waifu Beam
emiya plz

^Hair wax huh? That sounds pretty exciting. :'D

Butler!Alvin - [Tales of Xillia] ⋆

Next Stop: Anime Expo

Facebook - Instagram
Waifu Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #62737
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

My Kou (Gou) Matsuoka wig came in the mail you guys!!!! 8D

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3431474/c_1/#3234202

W.I.P:
Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon 41%
Ballerina Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug Ballet au 58%
Emma Swan (ballgown) - Once Upon A Time 60%
Monika Drevis - Mad Father
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #62738
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiChama View Post
^Hair wax huh? That sounds pretty exciting. :'D
:'D It's not the hair wax itself that's exciting; I can finally start styling this wig once I get it and that's what I'm excited about.

(also about getting pictures so soon. Granted it's not one of his flashier outfits but I'm cosplying a character I love to death right now and that's also exciting)
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Chuuya Nakahara-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #62739
Kamikaze Kay

I think I'm starting to realize the niche of cosplay creating I'm gonna enjoy doing more than the rest, and that is prop related work. I like building a thing out of cardboard, foam, and poster board, and having something cool to carry around.

What I think I'm gonna hate and try to avoid? Anything involving sewing and fabric work lol Making something out of fabric just feels tedious to me and with large hands, they just don't work as well there.

With props, I also want to start looking into armor-related items too since it feels like a similar process.
Kamikaze Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #62740
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow1992 View Post
He is amazing. Now I really have to consider cosplaying him, but I'm a tiny bit bashful, so I have to lose some inhibitions.

I am so glad I found some spray paint yesterday. I still need one color (Cream/Beige).
Haha, yeah, Dr. Rockso is in NO WAY bashful XD Maybe if you like, make a compilation of clips of just him being crazy, and watch it before you wear the costume it'll help you get into character more so you feel more comfortable going out there in costume and acting crazy XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
My Kou (Gou) Matsuoka wig came in the mail you guys!!!! 8D

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3431474/c_1/#3234202
That is an awesome wig! I love the red color, I've been trying to get my hair that color ... it's not really working DX

Upcoming Conventions

Anime Matsuri
Friday: Usagi's High School Uniform Saturday: Prisoner Usagi Sunday: Usagi's Junior High School Uniform

Sakuracon
Friday: Nico Robin from One Piece Saturday: Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Sunday: Chii from Chobits

Plus: A-Kon, Anime EXPO, Sailor Moon Con, AnimeFEST, & ANT
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #62741
Masmyr
The Unholy Spoon

Testing out my new alcohol-activated body paint on my hands. Hands are always tricky when you're playing a character with a skin tone not your own amirite? So far it's working! It's not coming off unless I rub hard and actually try to get it off. Woohoo!
Masmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #62742
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

I've been very aware to the fact my cosplay type is that of an older male characters.... I told my friend I'd cosplay Yuki from Gravitation to Shuchi match her if she'll cosplay Ritsuka from Loveless to match my Soubi.

Also, my friend suggested cosplaying Makoto from Free! and Lin from Ghost Hunt for a haunted house halloween shoot. NOOOO T_T I'm a total chicken when it comes to that stuff. Fitting for Makoto but not Lin, not sure I can hold a straight face long enough if I'm freaking out.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 02:00 AM   #62743
avskull
Seattle, WA cosplayer

Its nice to have the online cosplay community, I maybe pretty busy but its nice to spend a few seconds, just to see what's going on around the scene.
Unread 09-08-2013, 02:34 AM   #62744
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Just watched episode 22 of Attack on Titan and the ending has made me hate my life a wee bit.
Friday: Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends)
Saturday: Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill)
Sunday: Lady Two (Drakengard 3)
Monday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.

Formerly Clementine.
mmmeggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 04:42 AM   #62745
Shana05
Survivor

So I decided awhile ago I was going to cosplay Mami Tomeo but was going to wait a bit before starting it. Now, several people I know announced plans to cosplay her. I try not to let the fact something is done a lot deter me from cosplaying something, but here it's a little hard. I considered doing her school uniform instead of her magical girl outfit, but it doesn't have the same draw to it. I wish she had more outfits.

A-Kon 2016: Spyro Gijinka (Spyro: Year of the Dragon) - fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Rinne ??????
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote