Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1050 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #64201
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

So my little grabby hands managed to get ahold of Rurouni Kenshin: Restoration and I nearly creid tears of joy, because Watsuki bringing back all these characters again makes me way too happy. I think I now need to add a pimping scarf to my Kenshin cosplay. >.>
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 15%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #64202
Khorrupt

Change of plans...cosplaying Mozart instead of Salieri. I think it's hard to swallow that the entire costume is black but will still cost me a lot of $$$. Like, no.

Found the perfect wig on Arda, so that's nothing to stress over. I'm good at makeup, so I'm really not stressed about making myself look like him.

His waistcoat has a funky pattern, but to be honest, I'm not above "cheating" a bit when no one knows the characters, so I'll just choose a pattern that's similar, and voila, no one will know. My friend recently gave me a pirate shirt that just needs to be dyed black, and I already have a scarf I can use. As for the pants, I'll probably just buy some satin and make "covers" of sorts for pants I already have. Boots will also be no problem, since I learned how to make boot covers.

BUT GUYS, HIS COAT.

I already know what I'm making it out of and how to make it, but it's really intimidating nonetheless. Like...glittery snowflakes. But a lot of them. I found good patches to buy, and I know how to "dress them up", but the only thing I'm concerned about is that...there's at least twenty "snowflakes" on it. And that's gonna cost me. (Maybe if I buy in bulk like I'm going to have to, the people on eBay will cut me a deal on those "best offer" ones TT^TT)

/rant

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
~Princess Peach (Super Mario Bros.) - 0% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #64203
MaiCosplay

What materials would look good for pleat..
MaiCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #64204
Charubi
Queen of Indecision

I'm so torn on what to do for my MOMO cosplay. I really want the costume to look amazing, and this will be my first fully handmade costume, and I know I don't have the chops to make it the way I want it to look yet. I'm also incredibly impatient, so I don't want to put it off until I do have the chops. But do I go ahead and commission it, then? I'm sure I'll wear it enough to justify it, but... I've never commissioned anything before. I wonder if the "experience" of wearing it will be the same? [/rambly musing questions]

As far as my sewing skills go though, I went through my patterns and leftover fabrics and I think I have a project or two I can tackle to get started. Man, I can't wait to take my Costumes class next semester!

For Sale
~ Wine Red Braid ~
Charubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #64205
usuyukisou

Classe is having six consecutive weekly promo/sales starting this Wednesday at 3 PM JST. I went over the inventory, trying to find the most effective way to take advantage of the promos and sales...

I can't come up with 3 wigs from the Pro line that I want. I still look at the colours and think "Gorgeous!" but somehow I don't feel a lot of strong impulses. One of the promos is "Buy 2 wigs, get the 3rd (and cheapest) wig free" so I've been trying to find three similar price wigs.

I guess it's because I've already bought up most of the ones I was itching to have? Lol. At any rate, I'll probably figure it out because I've been a pretty good girl so far this month (ahaha, it's only the 2nd week of November).

Come to think of it, I could use one of the other promos to get three pleated skirts for the price of two. Or coloured pumps. Or stylized geta heels. Hm.

One thing is for sure: I won't waste the promo on the accessory mini-items... Those are cheap enough to attach onto other non-sale orders. Now, if it's the 20% off week? I might be tempted. But I hope not, lol.
Unread 11-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #64206
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

I am itching to do all the cosplay work, but I have no money to buy fabric and nothing around the house to work on.
I've already styled a wig I have no cosplay for yet and washed an old wig I found in my storage...
Maybe when I get a day off, I'll cut my VY2 wig and practice some cosplay makeup...I just really want to get working on more productive things.

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 01:54 AM   #64207
Squeemi

Having to finish your cosplay when the cons THIS weekend which isn't hard but you have to finish your friends who is taking all the credit for making theirs when they haven't done anything to help. XD

I am so excited though that nothing can ruin this con for me!
Because I am the great BlackStar. /(*A*)/
Squeemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #64208
Rinku-chan
Procrastination Time!

I just read that Milanoo scams people which makes me sad because I was going to buy 2 costumes from there. I knew there were no such things as cheap costumes... OTL
Kyogre [Battle Armor Gijinka] (Pokemon)
Ranma [Female Version] (Ranma 1/2)
Planned Cosplays:
Too Many to List OTL
Next Convention: Cosplacon 2015 (Possibly)
Rinku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #64209
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Why is it snowing!? -_- Really hope the weather warms up for the weekend. I don't want to have to cancel my Ayaka shoot. >_<

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #64210
Rinku-chan
Procrastination Time!

I'm now looking for a new place to buy a Ranma costume and a school girl outfit for Ayano. OTL why did the one cosplay site I found that had everything I needed had to be a rip-off?
Kyogre [Battle Armor Gijinka] (Pokemon)
Ranma [Female Version] (Ranma 1/2)
Planned Cosplays:
Too Many to List OTL
Next Convention: Cosplacon 2015 (Possibly)
Rinku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #64211
Naiagu
That one cosplayer

Thinking about how I need *technically* 3 swords maybe 4 for 2014 and who I should commission at what prices... sigh. So many decisions.
Sayaka (Puella Magi).....Progress 10%
Haruhi (OHSHC)............Progress 100%
Ruby (RWBY)...............Progress 80%

Cons for 2014:
Sac Anime Winter, AOD, NorCal Gathering Spring, Kraken Spring, EBRC Picnic, JPOP Summit, NorCal Gathering Summer, Magical Girls Gathering, Japan EXPO, Sac Anime Summer, Yaoi Con, Kraken Winter

Contact me: Tumblr, DA, FB Fan Page, Skype: Naiagu
Naiagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #64212
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Planning out a new costume im going to make and im not sure if its worth starting this far from the con i plan to wear it to. Also not knowing how much fabric for the next part on the costume before i make the part i add it on too.
Unread 11-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #64213
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

I really hope I can finish Nagisa before next month. I wanna wear it to the movie.\;A;/
[Alvin-Tales of Xillia]
[Miku-Common World Domination]

Cons Attending
[Vox Reax Tour]
[Miku Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #64214
Charubi
Queen of Indecision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinku-chan View Post
I'm now looking for a new place to buy a Ranma costume and a school girl outfit for Ayano. OTL why did the one cosplay site I found that had everything I needed had to be a rip-off?
I don't know what your current search has been like, but have you checked out the Merchant Reviews thread here? There seem to be a few sites with reasonable prices and decent reviews. So you can just kind of look through those and see if they have anything you're looking for. I know the Commissioner Review thread has been a big help to me while looking for a someone to commission a piece from.

For Sale
~ Wine Red Braid ~
Charubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #64215
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

My socks for Jolteon finally arrived today. :>
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3451112/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3451111/

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote