Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1177 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #64246
Khorrupt

The result of my glittery nightmare. It's a little too big, but given that I'll be wearing two shirts underneath it plus a scarf over it, I'm not that worried. (You can even see glitter on my jeans lol)

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~Princess Aurora [ Blue ] (Sleeping Beauty) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #64247
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Can I hurry up and get paid already so I can buy materials for Mitsuki and start working on her? Ugh. I get paid in two days and I wish it would come quicker. Then again my PiC won't start working on hers until she gets her financial aid, so I may not even start working on her until the paycheck after next, which will be two weeks from this Friday. Hmmm. Oh well. Not worrying about it quite yet.
Friday: Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends)
Saturday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)
Sunday: Meg Masters (Supernatural)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.

Formerly Clementine.
mmmeggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #64248
Kate-chan
red panda extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimnestopy View Post
Back from the dead-ish! The detailing of Madoka's petal skirt has begun its long, tedious process. I only have 2-3 months to finish it. I also sent in the con registration today, so everything is getting very exciting! I haven't been working on cosplay for a few weeks and right now is crunch time. Maybe I can convince my mom to let me buy the super-expensive pleather before Christmas... Or maybe I'll finish the rifle as a little Christmas present to myself.

I am in the wrong state of mind. Right now, all Christmas means is more cosplay. Ugh @ myself.
You, my good woman, have much more courage than I. I would go crazy if I did Madoka's magical girl outfit at this point.
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #64249
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorrupt View Post
Update on my glitter nightmare: Guys, I'm now a fucking fairy.

Glitter in my hair, on my chest, on my forehead, on my arms, shirt, pants, socks, floor, bed, desk, cat, parrot...

I only have a couple more adjustments to make to the waistcoat, and once I finish it, I'm hosing this shit down with acrylic sealant.

The best part is that I'm going through this glittery nightmare and cosplaying a male character with it. lol.
Bolded part has been my life since I started cosplaying Magnus Bane. Could be worse; at least you don't have to have a "raccoon mask of glitter makeup." I do. And the character's a guy.

you have glittery nightmare, I still call my Magnus wig 'glitter onslaught'
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #64250
Khorrupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Could be worse; at least you don't have to have a "raccoon mask of glitter makeup."
Ah, my fellow cosplayer, but I do! When I broke down what I had to do, I was legitimately surprised that there was no mascara involved lol Glitter flakes on the clothes, and smears on the eyes. Sigh.

By the way, great Magnus! I think I forgot to mention that last time we conversed about the nightmares of glitter on this thread last time, but Magnus was definitely my favourite character from TMI, and I think you got his hair down perfectly lol

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~Princess Aurora [ Blue ] (Sleeping Beauty) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #64251
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

I missed quite a few conventions....I'm staring at a closet full of perfectly good cosplays I could be using....and instead I just feel...discouraged somehow.

I started a couple of projects...and as usual, I haven't finished them and the more I think about and look at them....I just feel like a failure.

I look at the plans I made...then the whole list of characters I'd like to cosplay but don't feel like I'd do justice and I go right back to cycling through feeling terrible again.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #64252
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorrupt View Post
Ah, my fellow cosplayer, but I do! When I broke down what I had to do, I was legitimately surprised that there was no mascara involved lol Glitter flakes on the clothes, and smears on the eyes. Sigh.

By the way, great Magnus! I think I forgot to mention that last time we conversed about the nightmares of glitter on this thread last time, but Magnus was definitely my favourite character from TMI, and I think you got his hair down perfectly lol
Oh wow, thank you! Magnus is my favorite too and I had to work up the nerve to cosplay him, but I'm glad I did. And thanks about the wig; I always see fanart of him with really short hair so I sometimes feel like it's inaccurate, but it looks like a disco ball so I love it.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #64253
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
I missed quite a few conventions....I'm staring at a closet full of perfectly good cosplays I could be using....and instead I just feel...discouraged somehow.

I started a couple of projects...and as usual, I haven't finished them and the more I think about and look at them....I just feel like a failure.

I look at the plans I made...then the whole list of characters I'd like to cosplay but don't feel like I'd do justice and I go right back to cycling through feeling terrible again.
I think most of us have been in this pit at one point or another. Just breathe, and do things that make you happy. Read a book or take a bubble bath or call your best friend. When you feel a bit better, THEN re-visit your cosplay options. Thinking about things that make you feel discouraged while you're already feeling down can tend to exacerbate the bad feeling and it just turns into a vicious cycle. Hope you get to feeling a bit better, friend.

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.

Formerly Clementine.
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #64254
i<3FlynnRide

I finally got my boot covers and satchel for my Flynn Rider outfit. Probably gonna wear it when I get into NYC to see Zach on Broadway..and to other Christmas things maybe.. and I'm probably gonna use my satchel as a real acessoriy because it's easier then purses..

God only knows when I'll get started on the bodice for Rapunzel- my family spent a ton of money this year compared to other years so... I don't want to spend too much when I finally get around to drafting it and actually making the bodice
i<3FlynnRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #64255
TeaForThought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
I think most of us have been in this pit at one point or another. Just breathe, and do things that make you happy. Read a book or take a bubble bath or call your best friend. When you feel a bit better, THEN re-visit your cosplay options. Thinking about things that make you feel discouraged while you're already feeling down can tend to exacerbate the bad feeling and it just turns into a vicious cycle. Hope you get to feeling a bit better, friend.
It's not a fun pit to try and climb out of...that's for certain.

I almost feel worse about it because my SO is planning on cosplaying things with me...and while I'm excited for the chance to not be on my own for some of these....I worry that the same critical and bullying behavior is just going to continue. Which also says I either need a pair of earplugs or some anger management...but that's beside the point.

I guess I'm having such a hard time getting back to actually enjoying things is because I'm having so many problems with myself.

I'm getting off topic again though..oops. Thank you for the good vibes.

Unread 11-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #64256
Ilafatyu
That guy

I wish there were more Drossel cosplayers around. The jacket front I made is terrible and I have no idea how to make it better.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:10 PM   #64257
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Quote:
It's not a fun pit to try and climb out of...that's for certain.

I almost feel worse about it because my SO is planning on cosplaying things with me...and while I'm excited for the chance to not be on my own for some of these....I worry that the same critical and bullying behavior is just going to continue. Which also says I either need a pair of earplugs or some anger management...but that's beside the point.

I guess I'm having such a hard time getting back to actually enjoying things is because I'm having so many problems with myself.

I'm getting off topic again though..oops. Thank you for the good vibes.
As an individual diagnosed with rapid cycling type II Bipolar, I'm no stranger to depression and anger and I know how shitty it is so I'll always try to help out someone in a similar situation. You're very welcome!

If cosplaying with your SO is something you're excited about try running through plans with him or her to get yourself psyched up and ready to dive back into the world of cosplaying.

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.

Formerly Clementine.
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:22 PM   #64258
TeaForThought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
As an individual diagnosed with rapid cycling type II Bipolar, I'm no stranger to depression and anger and I know how shitty it is so I'll always try to help out someone in a similar situation. You're very welcome!

If cosplaying with your SO is something you're excited about try running through plans with him or her to get yourself psyched up and ready to dive back into the world of cosplaying.
If I'm completely honest, I've been struggling with an eating disorder for...quite a while now and on top of other issues, I think that has become my biggest obstacle with my cosplays.

On a happier note though..we have been running through a couple of plans, and even though we don't have specific dates in mind yet...plans are plans.

Unread 11-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #64259
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Quote:
If I'm completely honest, I've been struggling with an eating disorder for...quite a while now and on top of other issues, I think that has become my biggest obstacle with my cosplays.

On a happier note though..we have been running through a couple of plans, and even though we don't have specific dates in mind yet...plans are plans.
Ahh, I've also been down ED alley. Currently relapsing a bit. I promise I'm not trying to make this about me, but rather to express that there's at least one other person here who's been through and still goes through what you're going through. If you ever need to talk to someone who's been down that road and knows how shitty it is you can PM me whenever. Stay strong, friend.

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.

Formerly Clementine.
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #64260
Master Null
queen of the grim

I am nervouscited (lel pinkie pie) about finishing my midna cosplay. the fused shadow is being painted and coming along great, the bodysuit is nearly complete and con is tomorrow.
hoo boy.

~Original White Faun

Future:
Kyoko Sakura, Madoka Magica
Celty, Durarara!
Sugar (Sucre), OFF

PLANNED CONS:

Con Alt Delete 2014
Kollision Con 2015
Uchi-con 2015
Anime Central 2015
Colossal Con 2015