Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1525 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #64246
i<3FlynnRide

I finally got my boot covers and satchel for my Flynn Rider outfit. Probably gonna wear it when I get into NYC to see Zach on Broadway..and to other Christmas things maybe.. and I'm probably gonna use my satchel as a real acessoriy because it's easier then purses..

God only knows when I'll get started on the bodice for Rapunzel- my family spent a ton of money this year compared to other years so... I don't want to spend too much when I finally get around to drafting it and actually making the bodice
i<3FlynnRide is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #64247
TeaForThought
Knows nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
I think most of us have been in this pit at one point or another. Just breathe, and do things that make you happy. Read a book or take a bubble bath or call your best friend. When you feel a bit better, THEN re-visit your cosplay options. Thinking about things that make you feel discouraged while you're already feeling down can tend to exacerbate the bad feeling and it just turns into a vicious cycle. Hope you get to feeling a bit better, friend.
It's not a fun pit to try and climb out of...that's for certain.

I almost feel worse about it because my SO is planning on cosplaying things with me...and while I'm excited for the chance to not be on my own for some of these....I worry that the same critical and bullying behavior is just going to continue. Which also says I either need a pair of earplugs or some anger management...but that's beside the point.

I guess I'm having such a hard time getting back to actually enjoying things is because I'm having so many problems with myself.

I'm getting off topic again though..oops. Thank you for the good vibes.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #64248
ilafatyu
That guy

I wish there were more Drossel cosplayers around. The jacket front I made is terrible and I have no idea how to make it better.

facebook page // nh/mass cosplay events
Next event: ???

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Actively constructing : Zell, Soren, Zexion
Back burner : Absol gijinka, Lie Ren
Coming next : Cloud
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:10 PM   #64249
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
It's not a fun pit to try and climb out of...that's for certain.

I almost feel worse about it because my SO is planning on cosplaying things with me...and while I'm excited for the chance to not be on my own for some of these....I worry that the same critical and bullying behavior is just going to continue. Which also says I either need a pair of earplugs or some anger management...but that's beside the point.

I guess I'm having such a hard time getting back to actually enjoying things is because I'm having so many problems with myself.

I'm getting off topic again though..oops. Thank you for the good vibes.
As an individual diagnosed with rapid cycling type II Bipolar, I'm no stranger to depression and anger and I know how shitty it is so I'll always try to help out someone in a similar situation. You're very welcome!

If cosplaying with your SO is something you're excited about try running through plans with him or her to get yourself psyched up and ready to dive back into the world of cosplaying.
Friday: Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends)
Saturday: Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill)
Sunday: Lady Two (Drakengard 3)
Monday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.

Formerly Clementine.
mmmeggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:22 PM   #64250
TeaForThought
Knows nothing

Quote:
As an individual diagnosed with rapid cycling type II Bipolar, I'm no stranger to depression and anger and I know how shitty it is so I'll always try to help out someone in a similar situation. You're very welcome!

If cosplaying with your SO is something you're excited about try running through plans with him or her to get yourself psyched up and ready to dive back into the world of cosplaying.
If I'm completely honest, I've been struggling with an eating disorder for...quite a while now and on top of other issues, I think that has become my biggest obstacle with my cosplays.

On a happier note though..we have been running through a couple of plans, and even though we don't have specific dates in mind yet...plans are plans.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #64251
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
If I'm completely honest, I've been struggling with an eating disorder for...quite a while now and on top of other issues, I think that has become my biggest obstacle with my cosplays.

On a happier note though..we have been running through a couple of plans, and even though we don't have specific dates in mind yet...plans are plans.
Ahh, I've also been down ED alley. Currently relapsing a bit. I promise I'm not trying to make this about me, but rather to express that there's at least one other person here who's been through and still goes through what you're going through. If you ever need to talk to someone who's been down that road and knows how shitty it is you can PM me whenever. Stay strong, friend.

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.

Formerly Clementine.
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #64252
Master Null
queen of the grim

I am nervouscited (lel pinkie pie) about finishing my midna cosplay. the fused shadow is being painted and coming along great, the bodysuit is nearly complete and con is tomorrow.
hoo boy.

~Peridot
~Nishinoya

Future:
Kyoko Sakura, Madoka Magica
Celty, Durarara!
Tiny Tina, Borderlands
Touko Fukawa, Dangan Ronpa

PLANNED CONS:

Con Alt Delete 2015
Anime Central 2016
ColossalCon 2016
AnthroCon 2016

Master Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #64253
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Just need Panty's dress,bracelets,shoes,and gun then I'm done! Fionna I just need to sew the skirt,get the socks,and buy a backpack have around 5weeks I can do this!

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #64254
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

@TeaForThought, (best user-name ever IMO)
Don't worry! Everyone falls into a pit sooner or later. Just take a step back, take a breath, and try to have fun! Maybe take a week not looking or doing anything cosplay and then comeback to it? Or spend the whole day in costume just because. That helps me.
Live long, and prosper. Rock on, my friend.

I'm broke, yay! Now I'll have to wait before starting another costumes. lolz But in the mean time, does anyone know if Lightning's jacket is leather, or some kind of twill? Twill would make more sense, but Square Enix always seems to render things as either leather, or metal...
I was also thinking micro suede, but I don't know. orz

In other randomness, I was on a sugar high yesterday and decided to practice makeup. (That always tires me out.) Did it, got some pictures, and realized I NEED to practice posing more! I either look derp, or like I want to kill someone. •A•"

.:Currently working on:.
Nothing until after New Year's... (・_・;

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ
ZeRO-LESS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #64255
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRO-LESS- View Post
I'm broke, yay! Now I'll have to wait before starting another costumes. lolz But in the mean time, does anyone know if Lightning's jacket is leather, or some kind of twill? Twill would make more sense, but Square Enix always seems to render things as either leather, or metal...
I was also thinking micro suede, but I don't know. orz

In other randomness, I was on a sugar high yesterday and decided to practice makeup. (That always tires me out.) Did it, got some pictures, and realized I NEED to practice posing more! I either look derp, or like I want to kill someone. •A•"
I'm broke too! Yay! I get paid tonight or tomorrow though, so that's good.

That image link is broken but based on a google image search it looks like you could make the jacket out of cotton twill. I really can't see that as being leather, and I think micro suede might look a little odd. I'd go with a twill.

Oooooh, I love makeup. My mom worked for a makeup company while I was growing up and she literally taught me how to do makeup before I learned how to tie my shoes. Due to this I'm now quite skilled at regular (I say regular as in not special effects or anything) makeup. I wish I could come to all your houses and help y'all with makeup cos it seems like so many people on here struggle with it due to not wearing it on a regular basis. Makeup is so fun! I can't imagine going without it!

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.

Formerly Clementine.
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #64256
Rinku-chan
Procrastination Time!

I'm still looking for a school girl outfit for Ayano. I know I'm not gonna need it for a while (my next con isn't for 3-ish years and I'm not even planning on wearing that cosplay to the con, its my backup outfit though) but it still bugs me that I can't find the perfect outfit. I guess I just like to know where to get what I need when I need it...
Kyogre [Battle Armor Gijinka] (Pokemon)
Ranma [Female Version] (Ranma 1/2)
Planned Cosplays:
Too Many to List OTL
Next Convention: Cosplacon 2015 (Possibly)
Rinku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #64257
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

Quote:
I'm broke too! Yay! I get paid tonight or tomorrow though, so that's good.

That image link is broken but based on a google image search it looks like you could make the jacket out of cotton twill. I really can't see that as being leather, and I think micro suede might look a little odd. I'd go with a twill.

Oooooh, I love makeup. My mom worked for a makeup company while I was growing up and she literally taught me how to do makeup before I learned how to tie my shoes. Due to this I'm now quite skilled at regular (I say regular as in not special effects or anything) makeup. I wish I could come to all your houses and help y'all with makeup cos it seems like so many people on here struggle with it due to not wearing it on a regular basis. Makeup is so fun! I can't imagine going without it!
Wooh! Broke buddy~! X'D You're lucky! I'm getting some money at the end of the month, so I still got a ways to wait.

Sorry about that link! But now that I'm on an actual computer: Wikia page Yeah, I don't know why I thought of micro suede...maybe that was for another costume...*shrugs*

You're right! Makeup is fun to play around with, just not to wear or take off. And my shit-ton of black eyeliner and cover-up filled eyebrows certainly don't help that. lolz I always end up looking like a Japanese crossplayer, WTF?
My avarage time is 45 minutes with eyebrows and fake lashes, which I'm really starting to love! I used to hate putting them on, but now it's a breeze!! Which is strange because I've only bothered with falsies, like, four times... WHY CAN'T EVERYTHING BE EASY WITHOUT PRACTICE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TAT

You get everyone's home coordinates and I'll get the teleporter! XP

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #64258
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

Whoa, I don't get on here much anymore. I really need to do that more.
I received my $250 check from the writing contest that I won, but I don't know how much of it I should devote to wigs or some sort of fabric. I might just save it or treat myself to something special that isn't cosplay related. Not that I have been doing anything cosplay related anyway..
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #64259
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRO-LESS- View Post
Wooh! Broke buddy~! X'D You're lucky! I'm getting some money at the end of the month, so I still got a ways to wait.

Sorry about that link! But now that I'm on an actual computer: Wikia page Yeah, I don't know why I thought of micro suede...maybe that was for another costume...*shrugs*

You're right! Makeup is fun to play around with, just not to wear or take off. And my shit-ton of black eyeliner and cover-up filled eyebrows certainly don't help that. lolz I always end up looking like a Japanese crossplayer, WTF?
My avarage time is 45 minutes with eyebrows and fake lashes, which I'm really starting to love! I used to hate putting them on, but now it's a breeze!! Which is strange because I've only bothered with falsies, like, four times... WHY CAN'T EVERYTHING BE EASY WITHOUT PRACTICE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TAT

You get everyone's home coordinates and I'll get the teleporter! XP
Yay for having a job! *high fives self*

Yeah, definitely a twill for that, I'm thinking.

And you're quite right, the taking-off is the worst part of makeup. I'll admit, I'm REALLY lazy and frequently just sleep in my makeup. That's probably why my skin's so shitty right now. I don't really have many options though, considering I'm all out of makeup wipes and I keep forgetting to have my mom buy more when she goes to wal-mart. Whoops.

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.

Formerly Clementine.
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #64260
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

Quote:
Yay for having a job! *high fives self*

Yeah, definitely a twill for that, I'm thinking.

And you're quite right, the taking-off is the worst part of makeup. I'll admit, I'm REALLY lazy and frequently just sleep in my makeup. That's probably why my skin's so shitty right now. I don't really have many options though, considering I'm all out of makeup wipes and I keep forgetting to have my mom buy more when she goes to wal-mart. Whoops.
Thank you!!! I have such a hard time with fabric, I'm always glad for a second opinion.

Don't sleep in makeup! But don't violently rub it off like I do either... >.>"
I'm going to get makeup wipes tomorrow...from Wal-Mart...because cold cream/baby oil is just too messy. And I'm lazy, but that's beside the point!

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ