Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #64261
TeaForThought
Knows nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRO-LESS- View Post
Tried watching Shingeki no Kyojin, but only managed the first 10 minutes before quiting. And that's with the opening theme. orz Never the less, I have the strange urge to cosplay Levi. =3 Not absolutly sure when, but I'll definetly give it a go!! Plus I can cheat and use Izaya's wig...that's probably why I'm considering him instead of Mikasa... lolz

Well I AM insane, so not sure about that part, but I know how you feel.
I totally missed your post last night, so thanks for the compliment ^^

I'm always on the fence about selling things, so maybe that's what my problem is. On the plus side though....the cosplay my SO asked me to do is shaping up to be fairly reasonble.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #64262
Randommerade
Love is Over

I have to make 3 costumes by March for my gijinka Pokémon group.

Kill me.
Randommerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #64263
Charubi
Queen of Indecision

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
After looking through some things and planning with my SO....it's occurred to me I really need to start sorting through my wig collection and selling off some...I could use the money and more importantly, the space.

But I have that odd feeling that if I sell them, I'll end up needing them and be upset about it.

Please tell me that's a normal cosplayer feeling and not just me being completely insane, lol.
I just put up a few wigs for sale, and I definitely experienced this feeling. It's that fear of "But I could save money by not having to buy this again in the future!" But I weighed my options and looked at my "to cosplay" list and none of them were going to work any more, so I fought off the hoarder instinct and put them up for sale. Good luck with whatever you decide!

I think I'm going to hold off on asking about a commission quote for a bit. I'm going to start exercising again, and I'm a little worried that I might change my measurements over time. (Though hopefully it'd make the costume BIGGER on me, and not smaller. :P) Or maybe that's a silly reason to put it off. Hrm.
Unread 11-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #64264
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Picked up my Mikasa cosplay from the mailbox this morning. Currently lounging around in the shirt, scarf, and wig. Very comfy. I wore the jacket over my romper to school this morning and somehow in the few hours I wore it managed to get a big grease spot on the front so I turned it inside out and threw it in the wash on a delicate cycle. I think it's done, so I'm gonna go take that out now so it doesn't wrinkle. The embroidery on the patches on the jacket is gorgeous and I'm very happy with it, aside from the sleeves being a little wide, which my PiC is going to take them in for me. I haven't tried on the pants yet because they're snow white and, TMI alert, it's that time of the month for me and I don't want to ruin them so I'm holding off on trying them on. They look like they may be a bit baggy in the legs so I may have my PiC take those in as well. I'm just glad a couple things were too big and nothing was too small, cos it's so much easier to take something in than to try to expand it.

The scarf is pashmina and silk and it's literally the nicest scarf I've ever laid hands on, much less wore. It's sooo warm and comfy. Once my jacket is dry I'll put it on, take some pictures, and upload some test shots for you guys!
Friday: Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends)
Saturday: Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill)
Sunday: Lady Two (Drakengard 3)
Monday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.

Formerly Clementine.
mmmeggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #64265
TeaForThought
Knows nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charubi View Post
I just put up a few wigs for sale, and I definitely experienced this feeling. It's that fear of "But I could save money by not having to buy this again in the future!" But I weighed my options and looked at my "to cosplay" list and none of them were going to work any more, so I fought off the hoarder instinct and put them up for sale. Good luck with whatever you decide!

I think I'm going to hold off on asking about a commission quote for a bit. I'm going to start exercising again, and I'm a little worried that I might change my measurements over time. (Though hopefully it'd make the costume BIGGER on me, and not smaller. :P) Or maybe that's a silly reason to put it off. Hrm.
I think it's the nagging "but what if people aren't interested in anything I have to sell and I'm stuck with them anyway" feeling that's holding me back. I'm sure I'll have to break down and sell some regardless but for now..I can wait.

Now....to search for patterns and maybe research this a bit. Sewing is not my forte so I'm going to be struggling with this unless I commission.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #64266
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Put up some test pictures for Mikasa. http://www.cosplay.com/costume/467376/

More to come later when the jacket's dry. I had to throw it in the wash cos I somehow managed to get a grease stain on it in the few hours I wore it this morning. Lame.

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.

Formerly Clementine.
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #64267
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
Put up some test pictures for Mikasa. http://www.cosplay.com/costume/467376/
You look epic! Love the scarf~ XD
But that just makes me want to start on Levi....oh why am I broke? ;_;

.:Currently working on:.
Nothing until after New Year's... (・_・;

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ
ZeRO-LESS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #64268
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRO-LESS- View Post
You look epic! Love the scarf~ XD
But that just makes me want to start on Levi....oh why am I broke? ;_;
Thank you! c: The scarf is sooo nice, it's pashmina and silk and is the nicest scarf I've ever owned.

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.

Formerly Clementine.
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #64269
Randommerade
Love is Over

My sewing pattern came. That was fast! Now to stop at Joanns.
Randommerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #64270
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

My Nanami wig and hairclip came in the other day, and despite being annoyed at the mailman for being ridiculously late with delivering it that day, I can safely say it was well worth the money and wait.
I think this wig is a new favorite of mine. Easily. It has none of the problems of my first one and is amazing quality and color. Looks like I have a new wig shop to go to c:
And the hairclip is adorable, too, along with the sellers being super nice - but that's almost a given when you buy little handmade cosplay trinkets.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #64271
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Stupid person, stop bidding on this swimsuit. I need it to be Morgiana! I'm currently the highest bidder and I'm crossing my fingers that the person does not bid again. >_< This swimsuit is perfect but I don't want to pay too much for it if it is too small and I need to alter it and stuff.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #64272
Hello Goodbye

Today my School's Sci-Fi club (which has evolved into more of a general nerd club, but everyone still calls it Sci-Fi club) took our year book photo. We decided to do it in cosplay (because why not) and it looks great! We had an Eleventh Doctor (Me), a Kaylee from Firefly (the ball gown version!!), Dave Strider from Homestuck, Captain Hammer from Doctor Horrible, and a couple of Star Trek uniforms. I cannot wait to see it in the actual book, it is so cute! The photographer was very confused, lol, I think the ball gown threw them for a loop!
Tamaki Suoh-Ouran Highschool Host Club (Complete!)
Haru-Tsuritama (Complete!)
Minami (Avatar!)- Baka and Test (10% Complete)
Other Ideas: Crona (Soul Eater),Lavi (D. Gray Man),Ginko (Mushi-shi), Finny (Black Butler), Kyo (Fruits Basket), Sue (Clover)
Hello Goodbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #64273
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Uploaded another test shot, this time with the (still slightly damp) jacket! http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3451753/

I wasn't sure if I had time to let the jacket dry completely, cos my parents will be home soon and my dad will want to use the laptop, so I put it on as is. Ah well.

I'm pretty happy with it! Though the scarf does make it look like I have a fat/double chin. I'm hoping to lose back the 10 pounds I gained by the con in January anyway, so I'll hopefully be back down to 130 by then. Ah, parents are home now. Glad I didn't try to wait for the jacket to be completely dry. Wouldn't have had time to upload test shots.

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.

Formerly Clementine.
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #64274
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Piggy-backing on Clem's Attack on Titan progress and posting my own (even though we're in the same group and ordered from the same place). Reviews included.
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: SacAnime Summer
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #64275
Kate-chan
red panda extraordinaire

It sounds selfish but I pray that my brother goes with my family out of town next weekend so that I can get some sewing done all day. I'm a slow seamstress and I need all the space and quiet I can get. When I was working on my Sheeta dress I was so stressed because of this antics that I think that was the reason I cut too small and it's not at my size. I'm trying to at least get some weight off now and really kick into overdrive next year but it's really frustrating to me.

Also hoping that my wig sells soon so that I can finance a wig at the marketplace. I wound up putting the money I received on Monday to my bank account, which needed it.