Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 935 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #64261
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Just need Panty's dress,bracelets,shoes,and gun then I'm done! Fionna I just need to sew the skirt,get the socks,and buy a backpack have around 5weeks I can do this!

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #64262
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

@TeaForThought, (best user-name ever IMO)
Don't worry! Everyone falls into a pit sooner or later. Just take a step back, take a breath, and try to have fun! Maybe take a week not looking or doing anything cosplay and then comeback to it? Or spend the whole day in costume just because. That helps me.
Live long, and prosper. Rock on, my friend.

I'm broke, yay! Now I'll have to wait before starting another costumes. lolz But in the mean time, does anyone know if Lightning's jacket is leather, or some kind of twill? Twill would make more sense, but Square Enix always seems to render things as either leather, or metal...
I was also thinking micro suede, but I don't know. orz

In other randomness, I was on a sugar high yesterday and decided to practice makeup. (That always tires me out.) Did it, got some pictures, and realized I NEED to practice posing more! I either look derp, or like I want to kill someone. •A•"

.:Currently working on:.
Gackpoid (Episode.0) 100%
Ling Tong (Dynasty Warriors 8) 80%

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ
ZeRO-LESS- is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #64263
Clementine
I do as I please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRO-LESS- View Post
I'm broke, yay! Now I'll have to wait before starting another costumes. lolz But in the mean time, does anyone know if Lightning's jacket is leather, or some kind of twill? Twill would make more sense, but Square Enix always seems to render things as either leather, or metal...
I was also thinking micro suede, but I don't know. orz

In other randomness, I was on a sugar high yesterday and decided to practice makeup. (That always tires me out.) Did it, got some pictures, and realized I NEED to practice posing more! I either look derp, or like I want to kill someone. •A•"
I'm broke too! Yay! I get paid tonight or tomorrow though, so that's good.

That image link is broken but based on a google image search it looks like you could make the jacket out of cotton twill. I really can't see that as being leather, and I think micro suede might look a little odd. I'd go with a twill.

Oooooh, I love makeup. My mom worked for a makeup company while I was growing up and she literally taught me how to do makeup before I learned how to tie my shoes. Due to this I'm now quite skilled at regular (I say regular as in not special effects or anything) makeup. I wish I could come to all your houses and help y'all with makeup cos it seems like so many people on here struggle with it due to not wearing it on a regular basis. Makeup is so fun! I can't imagine going without it!
Friday: Satsuki Kiryuin (transformed version) (Kill La Kill)
Saturday: Swan Lake variation of Kraehe(Princess Tutu)
Sunday: TBD

Upcoming cosplays:
Mitsuki Nase (Kyoukai no Kanata) (30%)
Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill) (planning)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #64264
Rinku-chan
Procrastination Time!

I'm still looking for a school girl outfit for Ayano. I know I'm not gonna need it for a while (my next con isn't for 3-ish years and I'm not even planning on wearing that cosplay to the con, its my backup outfit though) but it still bugs me that I can't find the perfect outfit. I guess I just like to know where to get what I need when I need it...
Kyogre [Battle Armor Gijinka] (Pokemon)
Ranma [Female Version] (Ranma 1/2)
Planned Cosplays:
Too Many to List OTL
Next Convention: Cosplacon 2015 (Possibly)
Rinku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #64265
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
I'm broke too! Yay! I get paid tonight or tomorrow though, so that's good.

That image link is broken but based on a google image search it looks like you could make the jacket out of cotton twill. I really can't see that as being leather, and I think micro suede might look a little odd. I'd go with a twill.

Oooooh, I love makeup. My mom worked for a makeup company while I was growing up and she literally taught me how to do makeup before I learned how to tie my shoes. Due to this I'm now quite skilled at regular (I say regular as in not special effects or anything) makeup. I wish I could come to all your houses and help y'all with makeup cos it seems like so many people on here struggle with it due to not wearing it on a regular basis. Makeup is so fun! I can't imagine going without it!
Wooh! Broke buddy~! X'D You're lucky! I'm getting some money at the end of the month, so I still got a ways to wait.

Sorry about that link! But now that I'm on an actual computer: Wikia page Yeah, I don't know why I thought of micro suede...maybe that was for another costume...*shrugs*

You're right! Makeup is fun to play around with, just not to wear or take off. And my shit-ton of black eyeliner and cover-up filled eyebrows certainly don't help that. lolz I always end up looking like a Japanese crossplayer, WTF?
My avarage time is 45 minutes with eyebrows and fake lashes, which I'm really starting to love! I used to hate putting them on, but now it's a breeze!! Which is strange because I've only bothered with falsies, like, four times... WHY CAN'T EVERYTHING BE EASY WITHOUT PRACTICE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TAT

You get everyone's home coordinates and I'll get the teleporter! XP

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ
Unread 11-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #64266
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

Whoa, I don't get on here much anymore. I really need to do that more.
I received my $250 check from the writing contest that I won, but I don't know how much of it I should devote to wigs or some sort of fabric. I might just save it or treat myself to something special that isn't cosplay related. Not that I have been doing anything cosplay related anyway..
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #64267
Clementine
I do as I please.

Quote:
Wooh! Broke buddy~! X'D You're lucky! I'm getting some money at the end of the month, so I still got a ways to wait.

Sorry about that link! But now that I'm on an actual computer: Wikia page Yeah, I don't know why I thought of micro suede...maybe that was for another costume...*shrugs*

You're right! Makeup is fun to play around with, just not to wear or take off. And my shit-ton of black eyeliner and cover-up filled eyebrows certainly don't help that. lolz I always end up looking like a Japanese crossplayer, WTF?
My avarage time is 45 minutes with eyebrows and fake lashes, which I'm really starting to love! I used to hate putting them on, but now it's a breeze!! Which is strange because I've only bothered with falsies, like, four times... WHY CAN'T EVERYTHING BE EASY WITHOUT PRACTICE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TAT

You get everyone's home coordinates and I'll get the teleporter! XP
Yay for having a job! *high fives self*

Yeah, definitely a twill for that, I'm thinking.

And you're quite right, the taking-off is the worst part of makeup. I'll admit, I'm REALLY lazy and frequently just sleep in my makeup. That's probably why my skin's so shitty right now. I don't really have many options though, considering I'm all out of makeup wipes and I keep forgetting to have my mom buy more when she goes to wal-mart. Whoops.

Upcoming cosplays:

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #64268
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
Yay for having a job! *high fives self*

Yeah, definitely a twill for that, I'm thinking.

And you're quite right, the taking-off is the worst part of makeup. I'll admit, I'm REALLY lazy and frequently just sleep in my makeup. That's probably why my skin's so shitty right now. I don't really have many options though, considering I'm all out of makeup wipes and I keep forgetting to have my mom buy more when she goes to wal-mart. Whoops.
Thank you!!! I have such a hard time with fabric, I'm always glad for a second opinion.

Don't sleep in makeup! But don't violently rub it off like I do either... >.>"
I'm going to get makeup wipes tomorrow...from Wal-Mart...because cold cream/baby oil is just too messy. And I'm lazy, but that's beside the point!

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #64269
Clementine
I do as I please.

Quote:
Thank you!!! I have such a hard time with fabric, I'm always glad for a second opinion.

Don't sleep in makeup! But don't violently rub it off like I do either... >.>"
I'm going to get makeup wipes tomorrow...from Wal-Mart...because cold cream/baby oil is just too messy. And I'm lazy, but that's beside the point!
No problem!

And trust me, I of all people know how awful it is for your skin to sleep in makeup, but I am the laziest motherfucker on the planet. I need my makeup wipes. Everything else just takes too much effort.

Upcoming cosplays:

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #64270
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

After looking through some things and planning with my SO....it's occurred to me I really need to start sorting through my wig collection and selling off some...I could use the money and more importantly, the space.

But I have that odd feeling that if I sell them, I'll end up needing them and be upset about it.

Please tell me that's a normal cosplayer feeling and not just me being completely insane, lol.
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #64271
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

Tried watching Shingeki no Kyojin, but only managed the first 10 minutes before quiting. And that's with the opening theme. orz Never the less, I have the strange urge to cosplay Levi. =3 Not absolutly sure when, but I'll definetly give it a go!! Plus I can cheat and use Izaya's wig...that's probably why I'm considering him instead of Mikasa... lolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
After looking through some things and planning with my SO....it's occurred to me I really need to start sorting through my wig collection and selling off some...I could use the money and more importantly, the space.

But I have that odd feeling that if I sell them, I'll end up needing them and be upset about it.

Please tell me that's a normal cosplayer feeling and not just me being completely insane, lol.
Well I AM insane, so not sure about that part, but I know how you feel.

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #64272
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

Quote:
Tried watching Shingeki no Kyojin, but only managed the first 10 minutes before quiting. And that's with the opening theme. orz Never the less, I have the strange urge to cosplay Levi. =3 Not absolutly sure when, but I'll definetly give it a go!! Plus I can cheat and use Izaya's wig...that's probably why I'm considering him instead of Mikasa... lolz

Well I AM insane, so not sure about that part, but I know how you feel.
I totally missed your post last night, so thanks for the compliment ^^

I'm always on the fence about selling things, so maybe that's what my problem is. On the plus side though....the cosplay my SO asked me to do is shaping up to be fairly reasonble.
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #64273
Randommerade
Princess of Heart

I have to make 3 costumes by March for my gijinka Pokémon group.

Kill me.
Navi (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Kairi (Kingdom Hearts II)
Planned Cosplays
Oerba Dia Vanille (Final Fantasy 13)
Luka (Just Be Friends)
Firefox (Mozilla Firefox Internet Browser)
Lone Wanderer (Fallout 3) **Not Confirmed**
Randommerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #64274
Charubi
Queen of Indecision

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post

I just put up a few wigs for sale, and I definitely experienced this feeling. It's that fear of "But I could save money by not having to buy this again in the future!" But I weighed my options and looked at my "to cosplay" list and none of them were going to work any more, so I fought off the hoarder instinct and put them up for sale. Good luck with whatever you decide!

I think I'm going to hold off on asking about a commission quote for a bit. I'm going to start exercising again, and I'm a little worried that I might change my measurements over time. (Though hopefully it'd make the costume BIGGER on me, and not smaller. :P) Or maybe that's a silly reason to put it off. Hrm.

For Sale
~ Wine Red Braid ~
Charubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #64275
Clementine
I do as I please.

Picked up my Mikasa cosplay from the mailbox this morning. Currently lounging around in the shirt, scarf, and wig. Very comfy. I wore the jacket over my romper to school this morning and somehow in the few hours I wore it managed to get a big grease spot on the front so I turned it inside out and threw it in the wash on a delicate cycle. I think it's done, so I'm gonna go take that out now so it doesn't wrinkle. The embroidery on the patches on the jacket is gorgeous and I'm very happy with it, aside from the sleeves being a little wide, which my PiC is going to take them in for me. I haven't tried on the pants yet because they're snow white and, TMI alert, it's that time of the month for me and I don't want to ruin them so I'm holding off on trying them on. They look like they may be a bit baggy in the legs so I may have my PiC take those in as well. I'm just glad a couple things were too big and nothing was too small, cos it's so much easier to take something in than to try to expand it.

The scarf is pashmina and silk and it's literally the nicest scarf I've ever laid hands on, much less wore. It's sooo warm and comfy. Once my jacket is dry I'll put it on, take some pictures, and upload some test shots for you guys!

Upcoming cosplays:

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.