Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1068 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 05-28-2007, 08:16 AM   #7501
mikcy
subject zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoggyWooWoo View Post
Am I the only one who chopped off her waist-length hair and loved it? Well, it was a difficult transition at first (though damn, it felt good on my neck without that weight, and showering was AMAZING). Sometimes I think I'd like to go back, but after a while I like my short hair again, and I may even decide the problem is it's not short enough XD
I use to have really long hair for at least 10 years, but I chopped it off in grade 10 and I loved it. I look better with short hair, so that's probably why. c: Although, after 5 years of short hair, I find myself growing it out again, but it will never be that long ever again. x.x Then again, I'm only growing it out to cosplay Hachi and after that I'll be cutting my hair short. XD

After buying volumes 1-3 of The Devil Does Exist, I reallllllllllllly want to cosplay Takeru now for Otakon, but I dunno. The boy needs more cosplay love, so I was thinking about doing this or this outfit. I already have an idea for colours and I could paint the design on (I'm probably going to kick myself for thinking it's "easy"). I'm going to try working on him this week (along with relaxing weeeee) and see how far I get since I'm in the sewing mood.

EDIT: =o! Maybe I could just buy this fabric and paint all the red spots pink. >=D

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb

Last edited by mikcy : 05-28-2007 at 08:38 AM.
mikcy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-28-2007, 08:42 AM   #7502
stafffighter
The culinary cosplayer

I used to have longer hair, mid back when I was a freshman in HS, cut it to shoulder-length and its been that way ever since. Kinda like it since my hair is uber curly and growing it out takes twice as long.

As for cosplay, heard back from commissioner and all things are go! I've also decided once I save the monies I'm starting on Academy Momo and Hanatarou, got a really good wig recommendation and its been on my mind for weeks now. I'm doomed.

Vietnam-Hetalia/Ravenclaw! Greece- Hetalia/Harry Potter/ Military Canada-Hetalia/ Sherman- Japanisches Kaiserreich Mitternacht Marine

Upcoming conventions
Who knows?
stafffighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 09:08 AM   #7503
VampiricMosaic
Performances Every Week

Over all, sometimes it's not for everyone. I think it really depends on if you like to live with change. That and also if you feel you look good with short hair. When I ended up cutting mine, it was for my first cosplay (before I believed in wigs)....Bad mistake on my part! But if I were to ever do it again, I would keep it in a certain style. When my hair grows out like that, it dosn't look very nice. T.T
Unread 05-28-2007, 10:17 AM   #7504
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Blaaaah. I was all excited because I'd finished constructing and spray-painting all of Agrias's armor, and all I had to do now was a little detailing painting and finding ways to attach it to the rest of the costume...

Just realized I missed two little bands under the pauldrons. Nothing difficult, basically just two strips of (faux, made of craft foam and posterboard) metal... but still.

Bah. Some other time. I finished up the construction and spraying of the pauldrons, couters, and poleyns today - that's enough. But once I do those two strips and the detail painting, all I have left to finish is the boot covers!

...And the wig. Which I haven't ordered yet, because I haven't even found one that I thought was suitable yet. Bah. Actually, I bet that new one with the chin-length bangs that was mentioned in the Wigs/Hair forum would be wonderful for it...
Unread 05-28-2007, 12:17 PM   #7505
Leandaradara
born pessimist

i'm not sure if i should stop making sophie or not Oo i don't . . really like her anymore xD~

( SAYAAAAAAAAAAAAA xD~ )

In Progress:
Kingdom Key: 20%
Jasdero - D.Gray-man 30%
Leandaradara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #7506
PrettyKittyMulu
UNDERSEA LOLCANOES?!

I should finish Temari (except for wig) today..only...the sewing machine is in the garage and I don't know where the hot glue gun is...D:

Seeing Pirates 3 for the second time last night makes me really, REALLY want to do Elizabeth this summer...so I think I will 8D (probably will make me go crazy though)

cosspace

2011: Zenkaikon, CPAC, Animazement, AnimeNEXT, Otakon, New York Comic Con, AnimeUSA
2012: MangaNEXT, plus all of the above (hopefully)
Current cosplays: Chun Li [Street Fighter] (red alternate); Wonder Woman; Mio [K-ON!] (Don't Say Lazy dress)
Planned: Taokaka [Blazblue]; Soranik Natu [Green Lantern comics]
PrettyKittyMulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 12:26 PM   #7507
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

...okay, so I'm making progress on painting Yuuko's sari, but it looks like I may need to even up my sewing on the latter end of the sari (if I intend to leave it drape)
..this is going to be so tedious, but the end result will be awesome.

Also; after watching AOTS: Star Wars at 30, I am sorely tempted to make some version of Leia...even Slave Bikini Leia

And I'm probably going to see HP:OoTP at the same theatre that I saw AWE at...but I don't have time to make an outfit, so I'm tempted to just mod a t-shirt or something (or mod a tank and make some Griffyndor armwarmers)...what should I have the shirt say?

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 05-28-2007 at 12:33 PM.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 02:29 PM   #7508
princesshimiko
suki de, suki de ..*

I wish I had 4 arms.. no 6 xD So I could make cosplays faster. And also be a millionaire or something, cause cosplaying doesn't come cheap >.<

Cosplays 2008-09:
-Kaname Kuran [VAMPIRE KNIGHT]
-Kimihiro Watanuki [XXXHOLIC]
-King Louis XV [LE CHEVALIER D'EON]
princesshimiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 03:28 PM   #7509
PrettyKittyMulu
UNDERSEA LOLCANOES?!

Ok. It's decided. For the Order of the Phoenix movie, I'm being Neville. I can re-use my Heero wig, and I already have everything else, and we're going as the DA, so...yeah. <3 I love Neville.

cosspace

2011: Zenkaikon, CPAC, Animazement, AnimeNEXT, Otakon, New York Comic Con, AnimeUSA
Current cosplays: Chun Li [Street Fighter] (red alternate); Wonder Woman; Mio [K-ON!] (Don't Say Lazy dress)
Unread 05-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #7510
VampiricMosaic
Performances Every Week

I'm almost done with my Reira dress. I also went out today to buy my Cosmos materials. Joanne fabrics was having a big sale today so I went nuts!
Unread 05-28-2007, 05:02 PM   #7511
Malicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKittyMulu View Post
Seeing Pirates 3 for the second time last night makes me really, REALLY want to do Elizabeth this summer...so I think I will 8D (probably will make me go crazy though)
hahaha i saw pirates for the second time last night too! i like her king outfit but that waist cincher looked very uncomfortable >_<
Unread 05-28-2007, 05:25 PM   #7512
princesshimiko
suki de, suki de ..*

I saw Pirates 3 last Thursday ^.^ It was awesome :P

Cosplays 2008-09:
-Kaname Kuran [VAMPIRE KNIGHT]
-Kimihiro Watanuki [XXXHOLIC]
-King Louis XV [LE CHEVALIER D'EON]
princesshimiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 05:33 PM   #7513
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

Wooo, everything's done, con's over, time to rest... and decide what to do next.
Devi 1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 05:33 PM   #7514
DarkAnakin09
I will..never be a memory

I think it would be freakin awesome if they had COREY TAYLOR (SLIPKNOT) for once...Thier music rocks, I might make one heh,
DarkAnakin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #7515
PrettyKittyMulu
UNDERSEA LOLCANOES?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricMosaic View Post
I'm almost done with my Reira dress. I also went out today to buy my Cosmos materials. Joanne fabrics was having a big sale today so I went nuts!
I love Jo Ann's sales. 99 cent patterns FTW! I found a pleated skirt pattern (finally) and bought a new kimono pattern, since my old one is lost/destroyed/not all that great.

cosspace