Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1100 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 05-30-2007, 03:49 PM   #7561
silent_dreaming
Oh, huzzah!

A-kon is tomorrow! A-kon is tomorrow! ~runs around wildly before smacking into a wall~ Squeee!

I'm a little sad that I couldn't get anything more done before the Con, but I am so excited about going that I'm okay with it. I'll have my big projects finished for A-fest, so I'm going to enjoy poncing about over the weekend without worries. ^^
-Shuurei - Saiunkoku Monogatari - 15%
-Izayoi - Inuyasha - 10%

2012 Convention Plans

TrekCon Vegas - Las Vegas, NV
AnimeFEST - Dallas, TX

~~Cosplay Blog~~ last updated June 6, 2012

DeviantART Facebook Twitter
silent_dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-30-2007, 06:14 PM   #7562
Hasu
Aiiiish, 정말

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Clover View Post
A bug got stuck in my caulk while it was drying.
I always figured that'd happen to someone. I never figured it wouldn't be me.

That aside, ew and lol.
-------------------------------

Hmm....so last night I pierced my ears again. Nothing quite like injection needles and straight pins to get a potentially overpriced job done. Seriously, the ones I do myself are much, much healthier than the infected ones I got done with a pro piercing gun years ago. But I feel that stupid urge to do it again coming back. I know addiction runs in my family, but srsly...piercing? lol Thought I solved this problem last year. XD

And I got this sudden jump in initiative and made almost all the armor for my Arshtat, fixed Queen Esther's skirt, began the major reconstructive surgery on Sister Esther, and all but completed my Seung Mi Na staff and almost finished one boot. Not bad at all, IMHO. Now I need a trip to a fabric store that doesn't suck and that has flesh tone spandex. And I want to run down to Little Tokyo and see if they have geta cheaper than the expense of shipping them from Japan. >.<

Also, I've been debating whether my idea for my next con- making mostly, if not only, Jrock costumes, would be a good idea or not. Probably not, but I'd like to try anyway.

And...grr, I just can't get started on Gong-Gil. >.> No one sells that perfect, not overdecorated red silk I need. It's such a shame. I think I can use the wig for many other things, though, so that's cool, but I really, really want to do it. =( I must be patient for once. I feel I spent all my patience on Queen Esther, but I'll dig deep and find more, I'm sure. Oh, and I want a changgo and can't afford one. >.< Curses, this will be tough. Don't know why I want to make that girly thing he wears which is red and pink, except that I love the lines at that part.

...I'm a total idiot.

Last edited by Hasu : 05-30-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Hasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2007, 06:26 PM   #7563
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

...brain, please stop it. I am making a SIMPLE Syaoran outfit for Anext...SIMPLE. Anything more complicated is waiting until the hall contest for Katsu 08.

OH NOW I'VE DONE IT. My two biggest projects after Otakon are my remake of T-Chan and the Syaoran Robes (CCS)

Alright...the least I should have done tonight is cutting out pattern pieces for the uniforms..

And I'm pondering a CCS school skit..but I don't have the skills to mix music or anything to make it cute.

EDIT: You'd figure my mind would pick the easiest thing to pull off, but I've launched into this whole thing with the skit starting out as an intervention for Tomoyo, and ending with a cute Syaoran/Sakura moment. Among other completely insane ideas.

Ginger and Pretty Kitty? You have permission to either ask me about said skit idea, or to pummel me mercilessly.

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 05-30-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2007, 06:36 PM   #7564
stafffighter
The culinary cosplayer

Got my confirmation for AMA. I is a happy stafffighter.

Vietnam-Hetalia/Ravenclaw! Greece- Hetalia/Harry Potter/ Military Canada-Hetalia/ Sherman- Japanisches Kaiserreich Mitternacht Marine

Upcoming conventions
Who knows?
stafffighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2007, 06:49 PM   #7565
purejade
A Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memisama View Post
I lied.

The fabric for Takeru is too pricey to get online, so if I don't find it downtown next weekend, I'm just going to *cough* cosplay Tsubasa Sakura. lalalaaa

I'm trying to find motivation to sew, but I only want to sew something new. I feel like making something...... pretty which is why Tsubasa Sakura is calling me. >_>
Ah but Sakura has so many costumes, you could literally loose yourself in it. You can make something simple, or something complex.

I got my Haruhi Suzumiya headband!
purejade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2007, 09:42 PM   #7566
PrettyKittyMulu
UNDERSEA LOLCANOES?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni_Ina_Box View Post
And I'm pondering a CCS school skit..but I don't have the skills to mix music or anything to make it cute.

EDIT: You'd figure my mind would pick the easiest thing to pull off, but I've launched into this whole thing with the skit starting out as an intervention for Tomoyo, and ending with a cute Syaoran/Sakura moment. Among other completely insane ideas.

Ginger and Pretty Kitty? You have permission to either ask me about said skit idea, or to pummel me mercilessly.
...*giggles* How about poke you and ask you about it? I'm intrigued...and I can mix music if my dad gets me editing software like I want him to...

I AM TAN! Our senior trip was today and we went to the beach...and my swimsuit shows my tummy and has the same basic cut on bottom as my choli for Sakura will..so everything is lovely It's not too tan yet (still paler than the rest of me), but it's a start! A good start! And my back is even better! So now I won't blind everyone who looks at it ~ And my watch tan started to go away too~ And tomorrow is for CHOLI PATTERNING~

oh dear god. I just realized that I drank an energy drink because it happened to be sitting in the cupholder of Ginger Catgirl's car, and it's like...an impulse that I have to drink it if it's sitting there....seeing as I'll be up, I think I'll do something constructive later. *stops babbling*

cosspace

2011: Zenkaikon, CPAC, Animazement, AnimeNEXT, Otakon, New York Comic Con, AnimeUSA
2012: MangaNEXT, plus all of the above (hopefully)
Current cosplays: Chun Li [Street Fighter] (red alternate); Wonder Woman; Mio [K-ON!] (Don't Say Lazy dress)
Planned: Taokaka [Blazblue]; Soranik Natu [Green Lantern comics]
PrettyKittyMulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2007, 10:16 PM   #7567
_jedi
I've got a jar of dirt!

Hm. I didn't think that sharpie would work that well....
Unread 05-30-2007, 10:19 PM   #7568
AlphaNinn
I am me?

I ran out of straight pins. And I was making such nice progress on my sleeve, too.

*grumbles*
Unread 05-30-2007, 10:26 PM   #7569
Panda-chan
got Bamboo?

I am about one coat of paint from finishing all the painting on my latest costume!
Unread 05-30-2007, 11:27 PM   #7570
Shine-Chan
Happy Little Tv

LadyHawke78 He is a Dollmore kid Aidan. I am on a huge tiny clothes kick because they are so much quicker to make.

I want to start on dogtato but my sister is moving back in so I have to cram everything back in to my room. I realy wonder If I will even have a floor to stand on after I move it all back.
Shine-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2007, 11:32 PM   #7571
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Hwahwahwa.

I put the batting around Etna's wire for her tail.

Now I just gots to make the vinyl tail to go around it. Haha.
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2007, 12:44 AM   #7572
DarkAnakin09
I will..never be a memory

Pathetic for me to say but, Ive attending only small cosplay events...,
Been cosplaying for 5 months, June 8th I shall be attending a major huge convention...I am very nervous of attending it,
DarkAnakin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2007, 02:53 AM   #7573
AlphaNinn
I am me?

Oooh! Happy happy! I found a pack of bias tape laying around while I was looking for my camera's manual. I'll still need a second pack, but now I can finish my bodice without restocking!

...Oh, wait. Straight pins. Yeah. Not finishing bodice without more pins.

Aww, I'm sure your convention will go great!
Unread 05-31-2007, 07:06 AM   #7574
mikcy
subject zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Clover View Post
I totally feel you. I've been working on these projects so long I want to just whip through something new. The only thing that's stopping me is that I have no money to buy more supplies for something new. XD

Gluhen Omi, I will get you. You just wait.
I have the money (or at least... some), but not the time. T_T I always want big outfits which is why I rarely finish things. Booourns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purejade View Post
Ah but Sakura has so many costumes, you could literally loose yourself in it. You can make something simple, or something complex.

I got my Haruhi Suzumiya headband!
Oh I ran around all the Tsubasa galleries to find which one I wanted and could actually do! XD The hardest part would be convincing my friend to be Syaoran. >_>

Alright. I have to go back to working on sewing today. I was suppose to start on Tuesday, but I've been so tired from work. x_x

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb
mikcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2007, 07:10 AM   #7575
mlarad
~ Mlarad ~

I can't believe how many details tsubasa chronicles costumes have!!! XD

mlarad is offline   Reply With Quote