Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 10-08-2017, 08:46 PM   #78781
Rinku-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
OK, now I'm confused. How do you look at this design and immediately think "hooker"?
I honestly have no clue. One of these days, I should just actually dress like a hooker. Then all my costumes would seem tame in comparison.

I went shopping after work today and bought 5 pairs of earring for Taako. I don't know which to use...
Maybe I could use all of them? Time to find out how many earrings fit on an elf ear, for cosplay science!
Winter Schnee (RWBY)
Trisha Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)
Jaune Arc [Prom Dress] (RWBY) -Back Up-
Taako Taaco (The Adventure Zone) -Back Up-
Next Convention: Planet Comicon 2018
Rinku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-08-2017, 10:17 PM   #78782
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

Eyyyy more TAZ cosplayers! *high-five*

I'm working on the classic Bureau of Balance Lucretia right now. Hoping to pattern out the skirt this week and get started on the silk painting! I'm so excited about that *-*
  • Arsene (Persona 5): ??% (---) Katsucon 2018
  • Uniform (Little Witch Academia): 18% (Sewing) ???
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2017, 11:11 PM   #78783
Rinku-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsOfCassiopeia View Post
Eyyyy more TAZ cosplayers! *high-five*

I'm working on the classic Bureau of Balance Lucretia right now. Hoping to pattern out the skirt this week and get started on the silk painting! I'm so excited about that *-*
*high-five* I just started listening to TAZ last month, I'm only on episode 52 but so far Taako is my favorite.

I don't really have a solid outfit design down for Taako yet, I'm jut buying things I'd think he'd wear and just planning on sorting it out later. I'm probably going to end up with a bunch of clothes and jewelry I'm never going to wear because of that. I'm probably also going to end up with an empty bank account because of that.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, I was able to fit all 5 pairs of earrings on the ears. It didn't look good, but they all fit. Thus ends my scientific experiment.
Winter Schnee (RWBY)
Unread 10-09-2017, 08:34 PM   #78784
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Caught a cold as of last night. UGH. Had to make a few hectic runs for kleenex while hand-finishing my bodice seams this afternoon as a result... I am NOT dripping my snot onto a wool dress! But at least I've finished all my bodice seams now. Still got to sew on the collar and sleeves (and buttons...) but the most fiddly, eye-straining part is all done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #78785
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

OMG, I totally hacked this. xD I didn't have any tear away interfacing and, of course, I didn't buy more when I was at Jo-Anns. I did have some left over chiffon so I traced the pattern onto that and basted it to the back of the fabric so I can embroider. It's causing 0 issues with the drape of the fabric itself so yesssssssss.

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 10-09-2017 at 09:46 PM.
TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2017, 01:47 AM   #78786
Rinku-chan

Why did I have to buy stuff for my costume the Saturday before Columbus day? My shirt still hasn't shipped yet. Uuuugh, I hate waiting.
Winter Schnee (RWBY)
Unread 10-10-2017, 03:59 AM   #78787
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

So I realized that I have everything for a Hiro(Big Hero 6) cosplay, so that's going to happen.

And I ordered a better Merida wig. My current one has too many gaps at the top and I can't cover them. :X I might take wefts from it and add them to the new one if needed.

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2017, 11:13 AM   #78788
lunaflora

Finished drafting the pattern for Daenery's blue Qarth dress, but the fabric hasn't even shipped yet and it's been 5 days. I only ordered two things
lunaflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2017, 02:34 PM   #78789
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

So, I accidentally bought an old industrial Elna. :P
The father-in-law spotted it at a flea market, asked if I wanted it, and before I gave him a "I do but I have no room for it, so don't worry", he picked it up. Looks like it's time to get rid of some things in the storage closet....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2017, 08:17 PM   #78790
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

I bought the overalls I needed awhile back for the au version of Rin I'm working on! So excited, I pretty much have everything! I can't wait to wear it. I just hope the overalls come in time...lightinthebox does ship pretty fast but I'm hoping it comes early enough.

Future plans:
Blue Angel/Aoi Zaizen, Yugioh Vrains

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #78791
Rinku-chan

I'm so pissed off right now.
My shirt for Taako finally arrived and it doesn't fit! I ordered a 2xl, which in every other brand of clothes I wear fits me perfectly, but this is like trying to squeeze into a medium.
I would return it, but I'd have to pay to ship it back and I wouldn't even get the $8 I paid for the original shipping back. I'm not paying another $8 to ship a single shirt back to the other side of my state just to get $14 back...
Fuck you JCPenney!

Now I gotta see if I can add a panel to the back or lose like 3 sizes before Feburary just so this isn't a total loss.
Winter Schnee (RWBY)
Unread 10-12-2017, 02:35 AM   #78792
Respawning

Trying to decide if I would benefit from getting a heavy duty sewing machine. I have a Janome that works just fine, but I am unsure how it will do with heavier materials (ie: faux leather layered with buckram and lining for a corset). I wonder if I could talk my hubby into it as a Christmas present....?

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel
Working on: Ciri Witcher 3

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2017, 08:55 AM   #78793
lunaflora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respawning View Post
Trying to decide if I would benefit from getting a heavy duty sewing machine. I have a Janome that works just fine, but I am unsure how it will do with heavier materials (ie: faux leather layered with buckram and lining for a corset). I wonder if I could talk my hubby into it as a Christmas present....?
If you're going to be sewing corsets and other thicker material all the time then I would invest in one. Trying to sew through 9 layers of canvas or coutil is bound to break your machine if it can't handle it, I think. However if it's not too often then I would say its fine. (On a side note, assuming the materials are for your witcher corset, would actually advise you use a strong canvas, twill, or coutil for your corset as opposed to buckram. You can still further interface the centerfront and the hip gores for added support, but i wouldn't use buckram as a strength fabric. The reason being that despite being stiff, it's not very strong enough to handle tension. And if it's not tightlacing at all, you may as well use any other relatively tightly woven fabric like muslin broadcloth and save the buckram for somthing else, because it doesn't really need that much support. )
lunaflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2017, 10:24 AM   #78794
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

One commission down and two more to go. Really going to need to make sure I don't take on any more projects than already promised once the spring rolls around. The money is nice but I don't want to stress out over other people's commissions and ignore making stuff for me. =-=

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2017, 10:25 AM   #78795
Respawning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaflora View Post
If you're going to be sewing corsets and other thicker material all the time then I would invest in one. Trying to sew through 9 layers of canvas or coutil is bound to break your machine if it can't handle it, I think. However if it's not too often then I would say its fine. (On a side note, assuming the materials are for your witcher corset, would actually advise you use a strong canvas, twill, or coutil for your corset as opposed to buckram. You can still further interface the centerfront and the hip gores for added support, but i wouldn't use buckram as a strength fabric. The reason being that despite being stiff, it's not very strong enough to handle tension. And if it's not tightlacing at all, you may as well use any other relatively tightly woven fabric like muslin broadcloth and save the buckram for somthing else, because it doesn't really need that much support. )
good advice again, thanks Would buckram be usable to further interface the gores and front? I already have some and am just trying to find a use for it.

I think maybe I'm just wanting a shiney new toy.

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel
Working on: Ciri Witcher 3

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group

Last edited by Respawning : 10-12-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote