Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 10-14-2017, 03:12 PM   #78781
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Still sick. But thankfully, it hasn't gotten nearly as bad as last time. But colds are never gone in under a week for me, so time remains yet to see what becomes of the cough...
Also, SO MUCH HANDSEWING. I'm finishing up the beaded reticule, making the hat (so, handstitching virtually of it because wire and buckram) and finishing my skirt seams before I get to the bustling, hem and trimming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2017, 11:50 AM   #78782
Respawning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLiza View Post
Oh no. I started playing Horizon Zero Dawn and while watching the let's plays, I thought it would be fun to do young Aloy(since everyone does adult version). Seeing all of the clothing details though....holy crap, it's pretty much all leather. :,)
I'm playing it right now, such a beautiful game! Aloy is definitely on my list of cosplays, hell, she's been on the list since before the game even came out. I saw a preview trailer at E3 and thought "Chick protagonist? Archer? Robot dinosaurs? I'm in!"

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC, Ciri
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel, DC Bombshells Batwoman, Art Nouveau mermaid, Felmmigan (Morrigan/Flemeth) Dragon Age
Working on: ??

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2017, 03:35 PM   #78783
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

If I get myself moving, I can finally finish these keyblades. A two day project has taken me over a month...
Hiccup (HTTYD: The Hidden World) - Otakon 2018
Powerline/Max (The Goofy Movie) - Otakon 2018
U.A. Student (My Hero Academia) - Otakon 2018 (Backup cosplay)

Slapthefatcat Cosplays
Southern Maryland Cosplayers Group (Anyone can join)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #78784
TheGoofQueen
Saved Your Life!

Good news/bad news for this weekend. Bad news, we were supposed to go visit my brother but something blew up at my dad's work so we couldn't go. But good news, that meant I had a weekend to work on cosplay! Dress pieces are all cut out, and I started/finished sanding the mask for Raven Queen. It isn't perfectly smooth, but I got tired of sanding (lol) and I'll call any leftover low spots battle damage. xD

I haven't started sewing the dress together yet because just cutting it out was a nightmare, but I might make an attempt at that tonight. That or I'll work on designing my next cosplay. (Remember when I said my next cosplay shouldn't be one I design? Hah. But this'll be a much simpler outfit either way.)

\\ Serena (Female Trainer) - Pokémon X/Y - Planning //
\\ Ava - Hearthstone: Hearth and Home Cinematic - Planning //
TheGoofQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2017, 08:04 PM   #78785
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respawning View Post
I'm playing it right now, such a beautiful game! Aloy is definitely on my list of cosplays, hell, she's been on the list since before the game even came out. I saw a preview trailer at E3 and thought "Chick protagonist? Archer? Robot dinosaurs? I'm in!"
It really is! I struggle with the pull bow back with R2 and aim with R3 though. lol.
I actually found a turnaround for young Aloy. *stares at the furry/grassy things on the legs* What is that.... =_= I also found a tutorial for making fabric look like leather which would be fun to try.

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 10-15-2017 at 08:09 PM.
TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2017, 09:23 PM   #78786
Zoeyromanov

So I'm a bit nervous that I bought the overalls I need for Rin a little too close to Halloween; so as my back up I can use my pastel blue bomber jacket, my pink shorts with knee high socks with my all white shoes to wear to the Anime North Festival thingy as casual cosplay based off her standard outfit. I'm on the look out for brown dye for the belt, and thigh high socks if I can find them because I prefer thigh high since I love her thigh high boots <3.
Whichever one is fine with me. I guess I can still wear the overalls for a casual shoot even if it comes after Halloween however I'm still hoping they come in time.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
Trickstar Sweet Devil, Yugioh [Fan Expo 2019]
Trickstar Band Sweet Guitar, Yugioh [Fan Expo 2019]

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / Twitter

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too." -- Wonder Woman, Justice League War

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
BIRD POWER!

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 10-15-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2017, 09:41 PM   #78787
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

I started working on a Baymax plush that I'll use for my BH6 cosplays(one that's bigger than my official plush ^^ ) and I'm hoping everything goes well with that. XD

And I'm almost done with Honey Lemon's dress! Just a few things left to do!

"No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?" -Kairi

"Looks like today we're clockin' out early!" -Reno

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2017, 10:03 PM   #78788
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Managed to suck up enough motivation to nearly finish the keyblades. Just needs the keychains and a foam "bridge" between the handles.
Hiccup (HTTYD: The Hidden World) - Otakon 2018
Powerline/Max (The Goofy Movie) - Otakon 2018
U.A. Student (My Hero Academia) - Otakon 2018 (Backup cosplay)

Slapthefatcat Cosplays
Southern Maryland Cosplayers Group (Anyone can join)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2017, 10:16 PM   #78789
KatTayle
Human, not a machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelx624 View Post
Ew, EZcosplay. :X They steal cosplayers' photos just an fyi. I've sworn to never buy from them. xD I didn't actually know til recently when I saw a cosplayer complain that EZcosplay was using their photo without permission. :/.
Yikes, I didn't know that. The order I bought was just the character picture with no costume picture, so it was pretty hit or miss on what I'd end up with.
---------------
On the other hand... 4 hours of frustration this evening, and now I have pockets!

Here's the character: https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...20131006182911
Here's what EZ cosplay sent me (they sent me ONE), followed by what I ended up with today: https://imgur.com/a/0jv4d

I'm both proud and frustrated about it. Proud because it's more character accurate than what they sent me, and because I'm terrible at sewing yet somehow managed to get it done. Frustrated because... c'mon, look at it. The bias tape I bought yesterday is TRASH, it frays if you look at it the wrong way. Couple that with poor sewing skills and a machine that keeps getting stuck, and there are too many issues.
Oh well, it looks decent from far enough away and it's just pockets anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Planned Cosplays:

Tsumugi Shirogane (DRV3): 0%

Sho Minamimoto (TWEWY): 0%

Considering: Magma Admin Courtney, Rutile (HNK), Blanca (AC), Arifureta Miku, Franziska Von Karma
KatTayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2017, 10:41 PM   #78790
lunaflora

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoofQueen View Post
Well. I got the cape mockup figured out (thank you, lunaflora!) and bought fabric, but the only place I can cut it out is in our front room, and I don't want to kick my family out of the front room so I'm kind of stuck only cutting pieces on days they aren't around. Which means tomorrow afternoon is gonna be snip city!
I'm happy to help.I'm excited to see what you came up with!
lunaflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2017, 10:44 PM   #78791
lunaflora

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatTayle View Post
The bias tape I bought yesterday is TRASH, it frays if you look at it the wrong way.
I'm assuming you bought the Wright's gold lame bias tape.. haha. I fell victim to that before. Maybe you could look into investing in a bias tape maker. That way any fabric your heart desires can be bias tape! Perhaps even a better gold fabric than the very lame lame.
lunaflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2017, 01:30 AM   #78792
WondererBailey
o3o)/

I can't get my sewing machine to do the satin stitch, which I need to hide the ugly looking base stitch on this bolero...it's bugging the heck out of me...

Lushen - [Summoners War] - 90% / Velajuel - [Summoners War] - Early Stages
Luna (Illusionist Skin) - [Summoners War] - Planning

2018 Cons: Kumoricon

W. Bailey Photography
World Cosplay
WondererBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2017, 08:20 AM   #78793
Blood_Sword
aka Shiro Samurai

It's quite an interesting experience to go to an anime convention with your boss... Yes, like boss at my working place type of boss. xD I love her.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2017, 08:29 AM   #78794
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatTayle View Post
Yikes, I didn't know that. The order I bought was just the character picture with no costume picture, so it was pretty hit or miss on what I'd end up with.
---------------
Ah, ok. I apologize for throwing that on you, but I just wanted to look out for others. ;_; I do wish you luck with it. I used to think they were ok before finding out they stole a cosplayer's photo. >_> Haven't bought from them but I did enter some of their giveaways before... o_O

"No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?" -Kairi

"Looks like today we're clockin' out early!" -Reno

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2017, 02:31 PM   #78795
ManneQuinn
Literal Trash

So I got tickets to Ame-con and it's going to be my first 3 day convention and I'm HYPE!

It does mean I need 3 cosplays and they also have a cosplay ball that requires you to be in formal wear and I just

I just have no idea who to cosplay for it, or well who to make real fancy like for it. I'm absolutely HERE for this though. Fancy is what I love and boi am I gonna bring it. If only homestuck was still a thing I wanted to be associated with cause atleast they had an ABUNDANCE of fancy designs.

Suggestions?
Uniform Ryuko (Kill la Kill) : Done!!
Blue Diamond (Steven Universe) : Done!!
Junketsu Satsuki (Kill la Kill) : Done!!
DLC 2B (Nier Automata) : Done!!
Abel casual (Starfighter) : Done!!
Zora Link (BOTW) : Making headpiece
Yellow Pearl (Steven Universe) : Sewing pieces together
Taako (The Adventure Zone) : Ordering materials

ManneQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote