Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 11-01-2017, 06:16 PM   #78901
Alyxiane
Still a growing bud.

Went to a kpop cafe for Halloween where half of the attendees were either cosplayers or cosplay photographers, so it was interesting to network while trying not to be put off by the amount of drinking happening. (Go figure, since it's also a bar in the middle of nowhere.) Overall, a fair bit of fun once I started actually talking to others. But I did hit a wall where I was too tired and overstimulated that I just wanted to leave and get to the comfort of my home ASAP. All that socializing IRL got my introverted self to just want to stay inside the next few days. lmao
Miriam ~ Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night | D.Va (Carbon Fiber) ~ Overwatch | Star Guardian Ahri - League of Legends

Alyxiane is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-01-2017, 08:39 PM   #78902
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

So did my usual post Halloween-attack halloween stores for good deals".

Got a cane that I'm going to alter for Chise's wand, a cowboy hat for fem. Rimmy Tim(Tam?), a katana to alter for Suzuka's sword and Kairi's keyblade...to give to my friend as an X-mas present. xD The keyblade is actually pretty good for the price($25 at regular price) which is super shocking. I could make it more accurate though...

The only thing I couldn't find that I was looking for was a crown for Mad Queen Ryan. I was thinking about the GoT one they sold last year but of course, the year I wanted it, it isn't in store. =_=

And heads up for the few CR cosplayers on here. Spirit Halloween sells antlers!

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 11-01-2017 at 08:46 PM.
TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2017, 09:22 PM   #78903
lunaflora

Just tested out using a zipper as a closure instead of a busk for a tightlacing corset. seems to be holding up! I might be using these instead since they're cheaper and easier to put on!
lunaflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2017, 02:17 PM   #78904
Scunosi

Feeling like I'm in a bit of a cosplay lull. I haven't found any new characters or designs I really want to do, and now's the time to start at least researching anything new for next Sakuracon. Especially if I really did want to do wedding Peach from Super Mario Odyssey, but maybe I don't want to do her as much as I thought. Thinking about focusing less on cosplay and more on general personal arts and crafts for a while, maybe it'll save me money and I can try to lose weight between now and my next cosplay. Or maybe I should actually pick up and play a game for the first time in a while to try to discuss some new characters. I was playing a bunch of Binding of Isaac for a while but that's not exactly something I want to cosplay...

Upcoming Conventions
---

Latest cosplay
Shy Gal (Nintendo Fan Design)

Working On
---
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2017, 05:55 PM   #78905
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

I need to go find something to jab my brain with until the "this hobby is only for the cisgirls" bit shuts up.

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2017, 11:47 PM   #78906
xIkuna

Was gluing together my gun for Ana and two giant pieces glued crooked ;__; meaning that there's a gap between that piece and the next one a pretty big gap UGH i just want to finish this giant dumb thing but it wasn't 3d printed the best so it's difficult and I have 2 weeks to finish it sihghhhghghghghapefj;

Cosplays:
Young Ana Amari- Overwatch
Miu Iruma- New Danganronpa Version 3
Sansa Stark- Game of Thrones (Season 7)

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2017, 07:48 AM   #78907
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

^ I gotchyu, here are some recommendations on how to fill gaps/attach parts. (Obviously the mechanical fastening isn't an option since you've already gotten your parts designed/printed, but this should help you smooth it out!)

----------------------

If I can suck up the pain enough to straighten up my room, today would be a decent day to get started on the pattern adjustments I need to do for this stupid dress. I know once I'm in the swing of actually sewing it I'll get on a roll, I just need to clear a workspace and fix some stuff first...
(One of my wall shelves that holds a bunch of my cosplay supplies busted too so THAT'S GREAT. It's a floating shelf that already seemed pretty crappy when I put it up the first time, so I added brackets but they're basically doing nothing. Ssssighs, not what I wanted to be doing today.)
  • Arsene (Persona 5): ??% (---) Katsucon 2018
  • Uniform (Little Witch Academia): 18% (Sewing) ???
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2017, 03:33 PM   #78908
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

As if I didn't have enough projects planned overthe winter, I'm now seeing if I can finally destash all the huge amounts of duchesse satin I own and make an 1890's ball gown with it. Never thought I'd go "damnit, I just need ONE MORE YARD OF STASH!"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2017, 09:11 PM   #78909
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

OMG, I don't have enough white fabric for this commission. Why did they want it to be lined!? Ugh, I hope I can find more that's close to this.

EDIT: Got two wigs in today! The color is right for Parvati and the length is right for the black one...but both wigs have an odd smell to them? =_= *throws purple wig into the bath*

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 11-06-2017 at 01:56 PM.
TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #78910
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

Since getting back into Danganronpa, I've started wanting to cosplay Nagito, and I can possibly recycle an old cosplay for him which I might do, because I don't wear that cosplay anymore. :X If I can do that then all I have to do is get the wig, mainly(and paint the design on the shirt, thankfully I have a white shirt I was keeping for cosplay use but haven't done anything with it yet so this works perfectly. XD )

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2017, 08:34 PM   #78911
TeaForThought
Knows nothing

Skating and school have totally taken over my life so I have not had a ton of time, if any, for cosplay. I really did not do much for Halloween or anything. But I did get to go to a local photoshoot yesterday so that was nice.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2017, 06:02 AM   #78912
Blood_Sword
aka Shiro Samurai

So I got back home from my last con for this year and I just... feel disappointed that it's getting worse for each year. I've been a faithful visitor for said con since their start in 2012 and without a doubt 2013 and 2014 were, by far, the best editions and this year the worst. Read my summary if you're interested why: https://valkoinensamurai.blogspot.co...w-anymore.html
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2017, 08:11 AM   #78913
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

Bus tickets GET

Super hype to hang out with my Philly cosfriends and go to the Konkon Peddler's Village shoot this year. Gonna be so pretty with all the lights aaaa *-*
  • Arsene (Persona 5): ??% (---) Katsucon 2018
  • Uniform (Little Witch Academia): 18% (Sewing) ???
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2017, 03:27 AM   #78914
Alyxiane
Still a growing bud.

Well Fanime registration was pretty expected but still frantic. I might have a decent hotel timeslot since I only wanted the Hyatt, but I'm also hoping my roommates from last year are able to get accepted into Artist Alley so we'd have a full room again (and maybe enough to squeeze in one more).
Miriam ~ Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night | D.Va (Carbon Fiber) ~ Overwatch | Star Guardian Ahri - League of Legends

Alyxiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2017, 04:12 PM   #78915
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

I really need to start working on my cosplays. After almost 10 years of cosplaying, I finally splurged and bought some Worbla. I also bought an airbrush and compressor over the summer and only have used it twice.
Xe Yui/Lord Grim - The King's Avatar (Katsucon 2018)
All Might - My Hero Academia (Katsucon 2018)
Goku (Ultra Instinct) - Dragon Ball Super (Katsucon 2018)
Possibly? Male!Megumin - KonoSuba (Katsucon 2018)

Slapthefatcat Cosplays
Southern Maryland Cosplayers Group (Anyone can join)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote