Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 11-21-2017, 10:36 AM   #78931
DanArt

Why is it people can be so shy about working with you but they can put a billion pictures of there private lives and work life all of Social media websites? I can literally can literally figure out their daily lives, where they work, where they sleep, what there income range is, it is so dehumanizing.

I get along with people in general but I decided to work in photography to get as far away from the computer world as possible asides for retouching/finalizing and printing

Last edited by DanArt : 11-21-2017 at 10:45 AM.
DanArt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-21-2017, 04:48 PM   #78932
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Trying to get my head around upholstery foam grades.

And stuff. Bleh.

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2017, 10:58 AM   #78933
Syon
leads the crusade

So many stores are going to have cosplay related Black Friday sales... I feel like I need to buy everything I could need during 2018 right now.
Unread 11-22-2017, 11:42 AM   #78934
Respawning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syon View Post
So many stores are going to have cosplay related Black Friday sales... I feel like I need to buy everything I could need during 2018 right now.
I feel ya, I am also feeling the urge to buy all of the things.

Am watching a bunch of make up tutorials for Ciri, and I find it amusing to see people adding freckles with make up when all my life I have been told how to hide my freckles...

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC, Ciri
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel, DC Bombshells Batwoman, Art Nouveau mermaid, Felmmigan (Morrigan/Flemeth) Dragon Age
Working on: ??

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2017, 01:11 PM   #78935
Syon
leads the crusade

Oh the memories...I just rediscovered my love for deco art. I found the leftovers of a bag I purchased in 2014/13 for my very first cosplay. And even if I hadn't worked with it since then, my sculpting skills seem to have improved.
Unread 11-22-2017, 05:19 PM   #78936
Zoeyromanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syon View Post
Same with me >_>
Why is it whenever Arda is having a sale, I can never buy one of their wigs???? I was so dang close to buying one a couple years ago for Jack Frost, but my sister made a comment on me buying the wig I wanted that made me feel bad so I didn't (but actually in retrospect I'm glad I didn't because I've gotten over the fad).
And this time it's a three day sale! If I were to buy the base wig for Blue Angel, I can save on the amount leading up to Anime North for the other cosplays I'm planning, plus the outfit in the new year.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
Ryoken Kogami/Revolver (genderbent, standard outfit), Yugioh Vrains
Shay Obsidian/Shun Kurosaki (genderbent), Yugioh Arc-V
Lulu Obsidian/Ruri Kurosaki, Yugioh Arc-V

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too." -- Wonder Woman, Justice League War

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
BIRD POWER!
Zoeyromanov is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2017, 06:09 AM   #78937
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

>Go looking for tutorials for things

>every one has all its pictures hosted on Photbucket or Imageshack and so don't work any more

Feck.

Instagram - Facebook
Unread 11-24-2017, 04:33 PM   #78938
Zoeyromanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
>Go looking for tutorials for things

>every one has all its pictures hosted on Photbucket or Imageshack and so don't work any more

Feck.
Yep, using Photobucket and Imageshack etc. with all due respect to the ops, they're not the greatest image hosts tbh...
I've had that with sites like Tumblr, but it's mostly because the link itself does not work not so much the images.

Also I keep thinking of my plans for 2018, specifically the one for genderbent Zarc and I got the most obvious answer for the pants/chaps he wears! Thigh high boots! I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner, but I did kinda wanna keep the cowboy theme of his outfit in the design. It's pretty early so new ideas will come around but I'm glad I solved it.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
Ryoken Kogami/Revolver (genderbent, standard outfit), Yugioh Vrains
Shay Obsidian/Shun Kurosaki (genderbent), Yugioh Arc-V
Lulu Obsidian/Ruri Kurosaki, Yugioh Arc-V

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too." -- Wonder Woman, Justice League War

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
BIRD POWER!
Zoeyromanov is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2017, 06:33 PM   #78939
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeyromanov View Post
Yep, using Photobucket and Imageshack etc. with all due respect to the ops, they're not the greatest image hosts tbh...
I've had that with sites like Tumblr, but it's mostly because the link itself does not work not so much the images.

Also I keep thinking of my plans for 2018, specifically the one for genderbent Zarc and I got the most obvious answer for the pants/chaps he wears! Thigh high boots! I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner, but I did kinda wanna keep the cowboy theme of his outfit in the design. It's pretty early so new ideas will come around but I'm glad I solved it.
It's mostly because they're older tutorials so the poster never got around to updating them for whatever reason.

Instagram - Facebook
Unread 11-25-2017, 05:21 AM   #78940
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

So I saw Coco yesterday, and ended up going as casual Merida. The movie was great. :3

My Nagito wig also finally came. ^^ It's perfect and just needs a bit of styling!

"No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?" -Kairi

"Looks like today we're clockin' out early!" -Reno

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2017, 07:45 PM   #78941
Chaletica
Chaotic Lazy Anti-Villain

So cosplans for 2018... my memelord self is most likely gonna be Chargeman Ken for several cons, ahaha xD Will also be nice to have a somewhat simple costume/wig again after CATS. Maaaybe other characters... we'll see :3

....and I STILL need to start Game Gear... a combination of Life Stuff™ and exhaustion from that, being busy with other stuff and good old procrastination has prevented me from getting anywhere ahaha

http://consolers.webcomic.ws My webcomic, Consolers. It's about game companies

Last edited by Chaletica : 11-25-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Chaletica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2017, 09:39 AM   #78942
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Finished a second commission! Yes, I'm down to one, and this means I can return to working on my own stuff. ^-^ Although I'm still not sure if I can go...I should really figure out what I'm wearing to Konkon. Originally, I was going to pull together Winter Minako but I don't know if I can get the pieces together in time(why is finding a sweater in a light tan/yellow mix so hard!?). X_X Need to figure out a plan B that's festive...

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 11-26-2017 at 09:42 AM.
TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2017, 06:52 PM   #78943
xIkuna

Right now the question is, do I buy the wig I need on Arda tonight so it doesn't sell out, or do I wait and HOPE it doesn't sell out to get a better deal... Argh I wish I knew how popular the style/color I want is!!

Cosplays:
Yennefer- The Witcher 3
Magik (Phoenix Force)- Marvel

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2017, 07:32 PM   #78944
TheGoofQueen
Saved Your Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIkuna View Post
Right now the question is, do I buy the wig I need on Arda tonight so it doesn't sell out, or do I wait and HOPE it doesn't sell out to get a better deal... Argh I wish I knew how popular the style/color I want is!!
Thank you for reminding me they're having a sale!! I should take a look and see what wigs would work for potential upcoming cosplays I have. It might help me decide what my next cosplay will be.

Although I'm thinking I might try my hand at commissioning a costume instead of making it. I have so many half-finished projects, I'd really like to get one complete costume in hand so I could work more on my favorite part of cosplay - the photos and videos! (Felt like I had an epiphany about this during the last week, so I've been mulling over that all weekend lol.)

\\ Rey - Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Ahch-To Ver.) - In Progress //
TheGoofQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2017, 08:28 PM   #78945
xIkuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoofQueen View Post
Thank you for reminding me they're having a sale!! I should take a look and see what wigs would work for potential upcoming cosplays I have. It might help me decide what my next cosplay will be.

Although I'm thinking I might try my hand at commissioning a costume instead of making it. I have so many half-finished projects, I'd really like to get one complete costume in hand so I could work more on my favorite part of cosplay - the photos and videos! (Felt like I had an epiphany about this during the last week, so I've been mulling over that all weekend lol.)
You're welcome!

It's funny you're thinking about commissioning a cosplay for the first time, because I'm thinking of making mine for the first time I've only ever commissioned before, and I want to try my hand at entering a cosplay contest because I'm a super competitive person... I decided on the Grey Warden from Dragon Age since I'm 100% good with armor, and the sewing isn't too simple or complex- but I'm nervous to do everything for myself for once!!

Cosplays:
Yennefer- The Witcher 3
Magik (Phoenix Force)- Marvel

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote