Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 11-10-2017, 08:54 PM   #78931
lunaflora

went to the hardware store to check out the soaker hose tubing to use in place of hoop boning... but it's so dirty! my hand was blackened just from touching it...am I supposed to wash it all before using it or something?
lunaflora is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-10-2017, 09:00 PM   #78932
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLiza View Post
So I had to schedule an appointment to have my wisdom teeth pulled. :,) It was either next week or in mid-December. Yeah, AnimeNYC is next Saturday so I did it for December...and now I remembered the christmas konkon shoot is around that time. Well crap. I mean, it is a free event so I won't lose anything money-wise if I can't go but I've been wanting to go for a few years and I don't know how up for it I'll be(I'm really bad with pain in general).
I've been there. Your teeth won't hurt, just the area around where the teeth would be removed. You'll basically look like a chipmunk xD. But you'll probably get paid meds with a recovery package (not a huge one, just a small bag - it's been a while since both my sister and I both had our wisdom teeth removed so I don't remember.)
If your surgery is around that time, and you're more sensitive to pain than most people, you'll probably have to miss it, but if it's the day after or before or something you'll be ok.
Trust me, you probably want to go to a shoot well rested and being yourself. And you'll have to sleep on your back and not put pressure on your jaw area.
And fyi, once you awake from the surgery, which isn't very long but you'll definitely be out of it - the drug they used is heavy stuff - and I'm somebody that has high pain tolerance and usually back to my old self in about a week or so.

Future plans:
Blue Angel/Aoi Zaizen, Yugioh Vrains

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."
Zoeyromanov is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2017, 12:39 AM   #78933
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaflora View Post
went to the hardware store to check out the soaker hose tubing to use in place of hoop boning... but it's so dirty! my hand was blackened just from touching it...am I supposed to wash it all before using it or something?
Ew, that's unpleasant! Might want to make a thread asking about it, since I have no idea if it's just a freak dirty store, there's different kinds, etc. that won't give you that problem. I hate the shape of circular hoops on me so I haven't done my own, I just know the trick from other costumer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #78934
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Keep the ice handy and take anti-inflammatory pain meds like advil. My dentist gave me an opiate painkiller but holy bajeesus it was strong, it knocked me right out and I didn't even NEED that much pain relief (So I had like... three of the pills and had to return the rest to the pharmacy!). My Mom's friend is a pharmacist, she keeps these neat wrap-around cold packs they ship perishable medicines in for ice packs (they look like long packs of freezies!), I was able to wrap those directly around my face without any jabby corners and it helped a ton. Worth asking at a drug store if they have any to give away (or if not, if they have wrap-able cold packs like that)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeyromanov View Post
I've been there. Your teeth won't hurt, just the area around where the teeth would be removed. You'll basically look like a chipmunk xD. But you'll probably get paid meds with a recovery package (not a huge one, just a small bag - it's been a while since both my sister and I both had our wisdom teeth removed so I don't remember.)
If your surgery is around that time, and you're more sensitive to pain than most people, you'll probably have to miss it, but if it's the day after or before or something you'll be ok.
Trust me, you probably want to go to a shoot well rested and being yourself. And you'll have to sleep on your back and not put pressure on your jaw area.
And fyi, once you awake from the surgery, which isn't very long but you'll definitely be out of it - the drug they used is heavy stuff - and I'm somebody that has high pain tolerance and usually back to my old self in about a week or so.
Thanks for the tips guys!

Did a little bit of commission work today. I have most of the shirt done but I really wish I had some idea if the size is right or not. >_< Also, note to self, never make "simple" clothes like this ever again. lol I'm sticking with the weird anime skirts/cloaks/ect. The shirt I made looks okay but it could look better.(It's a weird collared shirt). Well I need to add the collar/cuffs/ect so I hope it will look better once those are on.

Also located the Yona skirt I was planning on repurposing for Keyleth, which is now going to be used for Suzuka Gozen. Yes for one less thing for me to make. xD Still need to shorten it and add horsehair braid to the hem because Suzuka's skirts are bouncy. But first...commissions. X_X

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2017, 07:30 PM   #78935
Alyxiane
Still a growing bud.

Well, I bit the bullet and bought SG Ahri because miccostumes is having their pre-order discounts for the new Star Guardians. I'll still need to get her wig, ears+tail, shoes, and Kiko, but the general price for entire thing is actually attainable which I'm happy to at least be doing.
Miriam ~ Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night | D.Va (Carbon Fiber) ~ Overwatch | Star Guardian Ahri - League of Legends

Alyxiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2017, 08:01 PM   #78936
xIkuna

Ugh, so frustrated! Ordered a cosplay on ebay, big mistake I know but the shop had thousands of reviews and 99.5% rating which is super good, not only was it late (not too late for the con, just late in general, stressing me out), but it super not fit. Like I understand China sizes are small but I def went by the size chart and ordered a large- the skirt measures about 12inches flat. 12!! I don't know a single person with a waist below 25in!! So frustrating!

Thankfully, I found a really awesome complete cosplay on facebook thank god, so I'll have a different cosplay to wear this weekend~ oh god, Daisho is this weekend... thankfully I'm almost done with everything! just gotta finish painting my gun!

Cosplays:
Young Ana Amari- Overwatch
Miu Iruma- New Danganronpa Version 3
Sansa Stark- Game of Thrones (Season 7)

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2017, 10:48 PM   #78937
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

So nearly finished with the Danganronpa anime(one episode of Future Arc to go) I gained unexpected feels for a certain duo and now I want to cosplay Sakakura really badly. ;u; I might have a coat I can dye and as for wig I'm still figuring that out(his hair color gets kinda confusing but I think I can manage something x_X )

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2017, 11:10 PM   #78938
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

So the Attlia cosplay I bought off of someone else came in.

Oh boy. =-= I need to do alterations because it does not fit me but the front part of the "panties" So low cut. X_X I have to wear dance tights under it. I also think I might tear out the panties and wear one with a bit more coverage so I don't have to go the dance tights route. She has lines on her legs that I want to have drawn on.

Also guess who sewed the lining in wrong in a commission and didn't realize it until details were sewn on!? T_T I pretty much told my friend straight up I might not have it done in time for Katsu. I'm ignoring it right now to work on another commission cause I can't look at it anymore without wanting to scream.

Quote:

Unread 11-14-2017, 10:39 PM   #78939
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hooray, I get to wear Heather in the Santa Claus parade after all! The comic shop was hiatusing from it this year but the local convention partnered with the local nerdy tri-business getup we have (We have a video game cafe, board game cafe and a medieval swordplay arena in town and I think they're all owned by the same couple of people, they definitely are always grouped together when sponsoring events) stepped up and invited cosplayers on their float.
Added advantage, that costume is bloody sweltering. I'll just need heavy socks and a pair of gloves, mayyybe one extra undershirt, to stay cozy on the route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2017, 03:16 AM   #78940
Alyxiane
Still a growing bud.

*headdesk* Of course, I'd want to have a winter-themed cosplay. Especially when there's a D.Va styled cloak and skirt that can easily work as a winter cosplay.

I hope my parents aren't weirded out that I'm slowly building an entire D.Va themed wardrobe at this point. lmao Lot of the designs I'm seeing are quite cute after all. +__+
Miriam ~ Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night | D.Va (Carbon Fiber) ~ Overwatch | Star Guardian Ahri - League of Legends

Alyxiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2017, 12:40 PM   #78941
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxiane View Post

I hope my parents aren't weirded out that I'm slowly building an entire D.Va themed wardrobe at this point. lmao Lot of the designs I'm seeing are quite cute after all. +__+
This makes me think of my Gudako shrine. xD Still surprised my mom hasn't questioned why I have so many things of the same character(just wait until I get my hands on that body pillow...)

Managed to alter Attila's top so it stays on pretty well. Still will need to use the power of sock glue/tape but hey, my boobs are squished down and it stays pretty well. Need to do an odd shimey to get it on though. The panties shouldn't give me too much of an issue(thankfully with the back piece I can cover the altered area). I also need to find my black swimsuit bottoms as the fact my whole butt is hanging out does not sit well with me.

Quote:

Unread 11-15-2017, 11:14 PM   #78942
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxiane View Post
*headdesk* Of course, I'd want to have a winter-themed cosplay. Especially when there's a D.Va styled cloak and skirt that can easily work as a winter cosplay.

I would love to build a Merida-themed wardrobe, especially since I found some cute designs from other Brave merchandise thanks to the Disney wiki. ;_;

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2017, 08:06 AM   #78943
Blood_Sword
aka Shiro Samurai

My massive Monster Hunter cosplay prop is finally getting some color and nearing completion! Check out my latest progress here.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2017, 11:00 AM   #78944
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
My massive Monster Hunter cosplay prop is finally getting some color and nearing completion! Check out my latest progress here.
Holy crap, that looks awesome! How long is it? It looks at least to be a couple feet.

Con tomorrow! Ended up switching to Gudako because there's so much Fate presence at AnimeNYC that I couldn't help myself. >.>

Also I finished alterations on Attila and yay, it looks good! Need to up my confidence to walk around a con it though(and have lots and lots of glue/fashion tape). Still need red shoes for her(wedges or flats because screw making my feet hurt for this). Also commissioning a friend for her sword. ^_^ I should look for more versions of her to do since I already have the wig and she has a bunch from F/Extella/artbooks. Surprisingly, F/GO didn't give her much, not even in CE art.

Quote:

Unread 11-18-2017, 03:50 PM   #78945
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Problem with being a recently out transgirl cosplayer: Don't have the balance to wear heels yet.

And I'm a week away from doing a con as Madoka. This is going to be fun.
Post-mortem on this one: Didn't fall over, did feel like I nearly twisted my ankles once a piece.

Main problem was my toes getting mashed against the inside which made it painful to walk by the end of the day. Will need to figure out how to pad properly to alleviate this.

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote