Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1178 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-17-2007, 01:34 PM   #9061
Arienette
...should be working.

Haha! I convinced Doctor Blind that since I'm probably not making Nemu anymore, I can make Lenna, and so she can do Faris, and we can do FFV for next year!

Now I just have the dilemma of the totally different in-game sprites (JOBS! So many jobs! So many possible variations! D: ) and Amano art. D: And the images from the FMV opening/ending sequences of the Playstation port, but I'm not too fond of those designs.

ALA '08 -
Sasori - 0% (planning) | Lavi - 80% (repairs)
Naminé - 100% | Misa (backup) - 100%

Later for '08
Nino - Fire Emblem | Lenna Charlotte Tycoon - FFV
Daenerys Targaryen - A Song of Ice and Fire | More?
Arienette is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-17-2007, 01:44 PM   #9062
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

HUZZAH! I HAVE BEEN PAID!

X3 I can buy wigs and fabrics now.
Kuro Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 06:05 PM   #9063
totemo_oishii

I've been working on making my very first cosplay out of scratch. And man, is it a pain. I feel like I've made considerable progress though, and I can't wait until I am finished.
Unread 08-17-2007, 06:33 PM   #9064
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

YAY. T-Chan wig is done and OH MY GAWD I LOVE IT. Should get pictures of it soon. And other than that...just planning for Locke.

Having no money stinks.

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 08-17-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 06:42 PM   #9065
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

I just ordered a half dozen wigs.

WOO!

I likes to spend money.

Good thing it turns out I don't actually need that steel boned corset. o<
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 06:47 PM   #9066
crazymiko
Fiberglass Impaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Clover View Post
I just ordered a half dozen wigs.

WOO!

I likes to spend money.

Good thing it turns out I don't actually need that steel boned corset. o<
Haha, my order was probably right behind yours since I went ahead and bought Caterina and Tethys. ;.; Dr. Locks is out of my Caterina extensions until Monday. Today was a sad day for Mr. Debit Card since I also got my shoes.

Now that I've wiped out one envelope of cosplay money it's time to start the new AX/Otakon one. So far I have.....$70.

I'm actually working on Hotohori, I should finish the bottom "suns" tonight since I have them about half cut out. I am proud of my clever foam stamp so my swirlies are consistent.
crazymiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #9067
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

HOLY. CRAP.
My aunt (who works at the Home Depot that's at the top of the shopping center where I work) tells me they are hiring. And starting pay is at least 2-3 dollars more than I'm making now. And they NEED cashiers, and I can use her as a reference. And I'm willing to come in nigh on every afternoon/night, if I can.
Also a possibility is working at the Borders Express in the local mall. This may just come down to whoever pays more. ^.^

This will be totally AWESOME, because it means I can pay for school and can put more money into some costumes.

...and I'm getting the urge to do more complicated costumes. Crap. (Nothing Trinity Blood, you understand). Tengu!Haruka is currently my most complicated.
Yeah. More than Locke, since I can basically freehand it with Locke.

....NO. BRAIN, I WILL NOT MAKE JENOVA. And I will certainly not round up a Cloud and do a skit to a cut down version of "Mean Green Mother from Outer Space". Oh god, someone please smack some sense into me.

So I'm in a reasonably good mood, especially after hearing at another Home Depot that they train REALLY well. ^.^

*hums* Sorry, watching some footage of Little Shop that my college did last year. Audrey II's voice is FANTASTIC. (And of course, he got a cameo in "Strongest Suit" when the summer theatre did "Aida". BIG PURPLE DRAG QUEEN, XD)

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 08-17-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Unread 08-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #9068
GabrielDarkhawk
is Yukon Ho!

Hrmm...I think I may go to JoAnns tommorow to find some stuff for my Villager and keep looking for Sophia items. (nods) I wonder when they open...I should sleep in, but less traffic is always a plus. XD

And, agh, I have too many cosplays I want to do and not enough time to do them! @___@ I have 3 costumes I want to wear this year up to summer and yet Zuko, Mello, Thorn from the Bone comics, Alice from Pumpkin Scissors, Enma Ai and others are all vying for my attention. I should also try to focus on some cosplays I already have most of the stuff for like school!Rukia (which I may be dragged into a big Bleach group for next AX) or Wolfwood (can we say reused Cazy 88 suit and saikano shirt?). Well enough of my rambling before cosplay mode takes over. ^^;;;

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.” -Calvin and Hobbes

In Progress: Alice (Pumpkin Scissors)
GabrielDarkhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:04 PM   #9069
stafffighter
The culinary cosplayer

Just about done working on Souga's blazer. Buttons, buttons, I have the buttons.

Vietnam-Hetalia/Ravenclaw! Greece- Hetalia/Harry Potter/ Military Canada-Hetalia/ Sherman- Japanisches Kaiserreich Mitternacht Marine

Upcoming conventions
Who knows?
stafffighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:25 PM   #9070
alorian
pressing on with courage

man, when are they gonna upload the preorder form for those new cosworx wigs? *reloads yet again*

tomorrow I think I'd better do Konoe's cape, and his shirt too if I have time. :3

but I want to order their wiiigs.

:: Next Con: AUSA 2014 ::
:: Braska & Auron - FFX ::
~b i s h o n e n i n k~
alorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 12:51 AM   #9071
Arienette
...should be working.

I HAVE FABRIC FOR NAMINE! *rejoices*

Now I just have to practice sewing it, since I've never sewn anything stretchy before. >>; The lady at the counter said ballpoint needle and zigzag stitch, so... *goes off to practice*

And Joann's was having a pattern sale, too, so I was able to pick up the Matrix coat pattern... I think I may try basing my friend's Allen coat and my Lavi coat off of it.

ALA '08 -
Sasori - 0% (planning) | Lavi - 80% (repairs)
Naminé - 100% | Misa (backup) - 100%

Later for '08
Nino - Fire Emblem | Lenna Charlotte Tycoon - FFV
Daenerys Targaryen - A Song of Ice and Fire | More?
Arienette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 01:01 AM   #9072
totemo_oishii

I just received an email from Metrostyle that they've shipped my blue blazer (for my Ouran cosplay). Hurrah!!! Hopefully it'll come in 10 days like it says. :3
Unread 08-18-2007, 01:13 AM   #9073
crazymiko
Fiberglass Impaired

I am starting to resent Hotohori. 8 circles, 8 swirls, and 64 "rays" later I think I'm finally done with the appliques. I was ready to set it on fire after the 72 "birds" for the sleeves. I don't have lots of patience for the tedious bits. Well, now I'm down to the collar, trim, and putting the sleeves on the top. I will finish the clothing tomorrow and hopefully get the sash in. This is mostly just vexing since it's "original" so it's all my own damn fault.

I need a metric asston of muslin so I can start drafting out my Caterina pattern. Some things you just can't freehand...unfortunately I'm a little broke again. ><
crazymiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:30 AM   #9074
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymiko View Post
Haha, my order was probably right behind yours since I went ahead and bought Caterina and Tethys. ;.; Dr. Locks is out of my Caterina extensions until Monday. Today was a sad day for Mr. Debit Card since I also got my shoes.

Now that I've wiped out one envelope of cosplay money it's time to start the new AX/Otakon one. So far I have.....$70.

I'm actually working on Hotohori, I should finish the bottom "suns" tonight since I have them about half cut out. I am proud of my clever foam stamp so my swirlies are consistent.

^.^

I WANTS WIGS!

I'm a bad person. I've been playing with Ashe's armor because I wanted to make stuff, but after Jessica's top, corset, double skirts and ruffles, I was tired of sewing for a bit. XD

WOO FOR ASHE ARMOR.
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:57 AM   #9075
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

Arienette- The Matrix coat thing might be too big; my Lavi coat is a modified military-style coat (I only cut down the length a bit). That might work better for you.