Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1178 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-13-2005, 09:57 PM   #91
WoggyWooWoo
Kind of a big deal

So, finals are this week, and I'm like, "hey, this is a good time to buy a knitting loom and attempt to make Hogwarts scarves, since OMG, the prettiest yarn is on sale at JoAnn's, and Hobby Lobby has the looms half price"
I pretty much gave up on passing forensics, anyway ^^;
WoggyWooWoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-13-2005, 10:03 PM   #92
Octune
Registered Lurker

Is it a bad thing that I'm whiling away the hours until I'm no longer 3400 kilometres away from my sewing machine by drawing sketches of more costumes than I'll be able to sew in two years, let alone two weeks?

I didn't think so.

Octune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2005, 10:13 PM   #93
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

I'm finding that wig styling is extreeeemely addictive. Too bad that my first wig has layers upon layers of slanted spikes ><
Kuro Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2005, 10:14 PM   #94
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Why is there so much DRAMA with this hobby? Why do people insist there's correct ways to do something? That there's only ONE proper way of anything? Creativity, here. It's a fricken HOBBY.

It makes me want to SCREAM sometimes.

oh.... and totally echos Arsenalfierce13's post... if you're not in Tokyo or another big city, cosplay in Japan is EXPENSIVE and a pain in the butt. >.<

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2005, 10:23 PM   #95
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

Ah - almost forgot. Apparently, there ARE ways of using store-bought hairgels to keep the style in place. Especially with the wig I'm working on, I need the spikes to stay put. Using Dippity-Do 7 and Suave Hairspray (a total of about 8$ CND), I've managed to get them so that they won't move even if poked. :3

I am very happy.
Kuro Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2005, 10:30 PM   #96
AmazonMandy

Why do some people make threads for the sheer point of making a thread? A thread clearly made because they just really wanted to make a thread. Is there a thread-making prize mandy doesn't know about?
AmazonMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2005, 10:42 PM   #97
Suzushichan
outta here

damn, i don't think that i'm going to have a new costume for friday's gathering. *sigh* oh well, it's not like i don't have a selection to choose from already, maybe i'll just wear a nice dress or something, and have my date crossplay, and wear a dress too......>_>

~Suzushi
Unread 12-13-2005, 11:05 PM   #98
YoshidaEri

"I can't wait to go get like 6 of those Hello Kitty skirts tomorrow just to use the pink plaid fabric"
Otakon 2008 + August 8th-10th 2008 + Baltimore Maryland
AnimeFest 2008 + August 29th - September 1st + Dallas Texas
YoshidaEri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2005, 11:12 PM   #99
Strawberry2005
Never say good-bye.

How in the bloody f*** am I going to hand print a plaid pattern onto five yards of red cotton twill?!

My shrug looks funny around the shoulders. I need to fix it, but I have no more material. S***.
Toshiya [Dir en grey] *Two costumes--not telling until I wear them. ;D*

2007 Anime Conventions
July 6-8, 2007 // AnimeNEXT
July 20-22, 2007 // Otakon

If you're not living on the edge, then you're taking up too much space.
Strawberry2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2005, 11:37 PM   #100
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

I want my wig I want my wig. I wonder if it would be going too far to get a rose-scent perfume as accessory...

Why the heck am I so obsessed with finishing the Dorian cosplay when I almost certainly will have no occasion to wear it until May? I should be worrying about solo costumes to wear to Ohayocon, if in fact I manage to go... I need like 4 yards of green spandex for my evil secret project, though, and I can't find green spandex anywhere, and well, I feel more like working on the Dorian cosplay because... it's Dorian. ;_; He's eating my brain.

Maybe I should finish dressing my bunny as Kakashi.
Unread 12-13-2005, 11:41 PM   #101
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea
I wonder if it would be going too far to get a rose-scent perfume as accessory...
I've done that! My favorite part of my Howl costume is running around smelling like toxically snooty roses. Of course, the trick with coordinating perfume to costumes (as I've found out the somewhat hard way) is that you have to get something that people aren't going to be allergic to. I use handblended natural oils I order online, although before I got my better scent I just used oil of tea rose.

----------

You know you're a cosplayer when there's wig dye dripped on the floor. You really really really know you're a cosplayer when you realize that you don't have rubbing alcohol to clean it with and start attempting to clean it up with hairspray and wet wipes.
Unread 12-13-2005, 11:49 PM   #102
sweetvenus
Photographer

I wish finals were over so I could graduate and finally have time to start on the million costumes I have planned.

Jessica Winn Photography
www.jessicawinn.net
sweetvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2005, 12:56 AM   #103
Captain Gundam

"Yes that's what its called. its when you make or buy a costume and you wear it to a convention. I want to make one since it looks so cool. what? im not going to spend 100-200 on mines. even i have my limits"
Unread 12-14-2005, 01:15 AM   #104
SkippingSith
FOR GONDOR!

Hmm...I think it would be a fantastic idea to make my Jadis wig! If you hear me screaming in frustration a few weeks from now, let me know how far away you are from MD so I can judge how far my pain travels.

Pssht. Chainmaille can TOTALLY be made out of paperclips, and I will prove this.
SkippingSith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2005, 02:06 AM   #105
Angel Tifa
Survivor of Horror 4-ever

I hate it when you do so great on your costume, have every detail down and great in craftsmanship, and you still get no credit because you don't have the "body type" of that character. You can still look like the character alot and be alittle overweight. People need to judge on the quality of the costume rather than looks -__-.

~Tifa

2008 Cosplay list:
Ada Wong/Resident Evil 2 Completed
Heather Mason/Silent Hill 3 Completed

I claim -Tifa Lockhart/Final Fantasy VII- at the claiming thread
Angel Tifa is offline   Reply With Quote