Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 866 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-29-2006, 03:55 PM   #1411
SaltySlippers
ultraviolence

my mom hates me buying wigs. she hates it so much.

:// swell.
SaltySlippers is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-29-2006, 05:29 PM   #1412
Bunnie-Fu
~*Pretty Pink Cosplayer*~

What is on my mind about cosplay?.......

Well...I so need to finish some of my costume....plus props...I'm not at ALL good at making props....so the first prop I'm actually starting out with is Bridget's yoyo in red and another in pink..which I think they're coming out pretty well...hmm let's see...

I can't wait to get my extensions! Do you guys think two 4 feet long extensions are a lil extreme? But they are for Kuradoberi Jam's crazy hair..so keep that in mind....

And lastly...I still need a Rikku wig ;__; I've only worn a wig once..and it wasn't a scalp wig....which I so need to get one...
Unread 03-29-2006, 11:09 PM   #1413
Fallen_Jenova
Just Another Abused Uke

Doing selfless promotion at school to fill up my EMS group. At the moment... it's not doing so good.

My hair dresser said she'd teach me to spike my hair for my Axel costume so I can do it myself at the con. I ave to have my hair straight for Kairi and spiked for Axel.

I just got KHII and I'm in full "I gotta cosplay that or I'm going to die!" mode.

Persacon 2008:
Before Crisis and In Game Rufus Shinra~ Final Fantasy VII
Mello~ Death Note
Seras (yellow)~ Hellsing
Alexia Ashford~ Resident Evil Code Veronica
Reno~ Final Fantasy VII

Fallen_Jenova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 11:12 PM   #1414
ShiroInu
The Fullmetal Midget

Hmm . . . we're two sins (Pride and Wrath - yes, we actually have a Gluttony :P ) away from having a full set at Anime Evolution this year . . . . I really hope we can get those two, since I've only ever seen one picture of all the sins together at a con.
ShiroInu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2006, 01:01 AM   #1415
Rem Akimichi
Webcomiker & Costumer

Omg YAY!

My costuming teacher is letting me do my Movie!Edo as my final in costuming *hugs her* As long as I make it historically accurate, and do research and all that, plus add a hat as the craft part of the assignment (sadly, she wouldn't accept the automail. It's not historically correct ;_; )

And! she showed me how to do tucks on either side for the Alchemist coat (the Red one Ed wears). Now I know how to modify the lab-coat pattern I was going to use to make it more like the coat XD *dances* It was a good day in Costuming for me ^___^

They have served me well.
Rem Akimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2006, 02:13 AM   #1416
AuroraHermione

Yay!!! I got my pattern and fabric for my Hogwarts Robe and did part of it. I still have to do the sleeves and hood though.

Tommorrow is going to suck. My roommate's sorority has their Disney dance tommorrow and I made my roommate and another girl costumes for free, but I don't get to go, which is sad since I'm such a huge Disney freak. I feel like Cinderella making them all stuff when I can't go to the "ball" =(

AuroraHermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2006, 07:27 AM   #1417
w00tastic
10% more Bleach

What's on my mind about cosplay?

How the heck am I going to for one get my 2 friends to go as Bleach characters >.> Were only an Ichigo and a Ishida short of having most of the main cast! (We have about....1/4 of the shinginami's) Anyone knowning of an Ichigo or an Ishida going to Animethon XIII send them my way ^_____^

Not to mention I got to finish my Rukia jacket....ugh I need to talk to the schools sewing teacher maybe she can help me out with it.
w00tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2006, 09:57 AM   #1418
AncientWanderer
Sidekick Cosplayer

I'm at that really annnoying point of costuming where each of my projects for the con are NEARLY done, but not quite there yet. Oddly enough, I don't mind the big pieces, it's the little details that I can't unlazy myself to do (oh yeah, that's right, I made up a new word for my laziness :P)

I cannot find my elastic that I swear I saw two days ago....and I desperately need it to slim down and tighten the biggest pair of pants in the universe. I know it's better to make the piece bigger than smaller, but I should've realized that a size 12 would have been far easier to take in than a size 16 :S *raises hand* Yup, it's MY first time making pants from scratch.

Bah...clearly I'm in a chatty mood, but I shall cease taking up the entire forum with my thoughts. End post nnnnnnnNOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraHermione
Tommorrow is going to suck. My roommate's sorority has their Disney dance tommorrow and I made my roommate and another girl costumes for free, but I don't get to go, which is sad since I'm such a huge Disney freak. I feel like Cinderella making them all stuff when I can't go to the "ball" =(
Haha, okay I lied...I just need to voice my sympathy for you. I really want to get a group of Disney cosplayers together, but the only person interested doesn't even really attend cons that much - only if she's in one of the shows. Hopefully they have another one in the near future that you can go to!

Last edited by AncientWanderer : 03-30-2006 at 10:00 AM.
AncientWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2006, 01:46 PM   #1419
AuroraHermione

Ya my best friend and I are going to AX as Briar Rose and TInker Bell... it's just that Disney is totally my thing and yet here I am getting all these girls ready for their dance that I can't go to. So it sucks.

Unread 03-30-2006, 02:19 PM   #1420
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

I need to finish my masquarade costume soon. The little details of it are driving me insane. I also need to finish a friends ballgown but the ruffles are driving me insane too.
Unread 03-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #1421
SaltySlippers
ultraviolence

step away from the wig!

s.t.e.p a.w.a.y

you have a 2 page report on the art of costume design due tommorow. (must start. -_-)
SaltySlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2006, 03:13 PM   #1422
AuroraHermione

My stupid sewing machine jacked itself up. Which means I have to take the super unreliable school shuttle to Target and exchange it. Joy.

Unread 03-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #1423
Roxey20
Clap Your Hands

I'm so close to having one outfit completely done that I'm giddy, but unfortunately I made a vow that I wouldn't buy anymore stuff for cosplay until I got home for the summer and started my summer job...*sigh* so it's 5 weeks and counting and then I can finish the four other costumes I'm working on. Why couldn't money grow on trees?

Cosplays in the works: Katniss Everdeen Tribute Parade - Hunger Games (10%)
Roxey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2006, 04:59 PM   #1424
Rem Akimichi
Webcomiker & Costumer

Come ooooooon, spring break! I need the time to start on all those projects! Al's shirts not gonna make itself, and god knows I need to make a test coat for the Alchemist coat out of old sheets (no way am I doing it on my oh-so-expensive alova suede first).

Only one more day and I can sleep for a solid weekend before working on all my stuff T__T I wanna sleep now, though!

Edit: Sleep? What sleep. I'm here "hand-ironing" my Edo-Wig bangs down. That is, my hands are extreamly hot from hot water and I'm pressing the poof out of the bangs so that they lay flat. Time consuming, and my neck is starting to hurt, but it's working and I'll be a lot less frustrated with it once the bangs no longer look like they're flight-capable. Once I get a chance to straighten them out for serious, they'll loook soooooo much better * dances*

They have served me well.

Last edited by Rem Akimichi : 03-31-2006 at 12:33 AM.
Rem Akimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2006, 09:11 PM   #1425
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

So I made a comment on LJ awhile back about how I was going to be both Dorian and Sydney at ACen. "Both my devious blondes..."

Then it hit me - the other costume I'm most likely to spend time in at ACen is Masaki. Who also requires a blonde wig.

...I'm going to be blonde all weekend. O_o I don't even have very many blonde characters I like... do I?