UNNI~~~~ XDDD
1.75 세 ㅋㅋㅋ
yeah.. im like .. special >.>;

Cosplay Store for the Cosplay minded.
kiwi_lady is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-03-2006, 05:10 PM   #17
hibekisensai
Habitual User

ah, nice to meet you all! seems to be a few more yoja hanguk! here than us fellas...!

aku- i would agree, i love korea, but it is sooo different than the US...
Unread 05-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #18
jiyoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kels
haha.. i always feel so old when someone calls me that >_>
Lol. I felt really bad when someone called me ahjumma -______-;; but then again, it was a three year old kid. But I don't think I look that old -______-;;; I'm 18 mannnnnn.

Hope your cosplays are going ok. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_lady
UNNI~~~~ XDDD
1.75 세 ㅋㅋㅋ
Lol... I'm not even that much different from Kels. Like... 0.3세 or something lol... forgot when her birthday was. XD
Unread 05-04-2006, 08:25 AM   #19
xinababo
Enjoy your spaghetti.

Wazzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~! 8D

Are you guys all on the West Side? Too bad I'm in Maryland =T

Ooh Ooh! I didn't go to an ANIME convention in Korea, but more of a cute(sanrio type) convention 3 years ago. No one really dressed up, but there were so many cute booths giving out free stuff and advertising their own cute characters including Pucca! There was also a concert and lalalala it was boring 8)

This year, I am going to Korea for a church mission trip in July! YUS!! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aku
I'm currently in Korea right now. To be honest, I can't wait to go back to the US. Too different in terms of lifestyles around here.
And HI TO BILLY OPPA XD But you're....probably on the plane right now to come back to the US...so...>_>

KORE TE DESTINYYYY~?! -Nobuta wo Produce <3

Last edited by xinababo : 05-04-2006 at 08:30 AM.
xinababo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2006, 10:43 AM   #20
hibekisensai
Habitual User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinababo
Wazzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~! 8D

Are you guys all on the West Side? Too bad I'm in Maryland =T

Ooh Ooh! I didn't go to an ANIME convention in Korea, but more of a cute(sanrio type) convention 3 years ago. No one really dressed up, but there were so many cute booths giving out free stuff and advertising their own cute characters including Pucca! There was also a concert and lalalala it was boring 8)

I'm midwest - Detroit, MI...thanks for sharing the convention info....
I've gotten filled in on some anime convention type things around Seoul, but again, nothing as major as like in the US or Japan...hope you have a great trip to korea this summer....you are going during a good season!....i'm now strangely in the mood for some sang gyup sal....mmmm...hungry...
Unread 05-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #21
xinababo
Enjoy your spaghetti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibekisensai
i'm now strangely in the mood for some sang gyup sal....mmmm...hungry...
Ahhh you made me hungry! XD

Unread 05-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #22
kels
Jelly Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_lady
UNNI~~~~ XDDD
1.75 세 ㅋㅋㅋ
LOL.. jungmyuu~~ actually i dont think i shouold be 2sae.. my parents are convinced that im more japanese than korean ==;

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiyoon
Lol. I felt really bad when someone called me ahjumma -______-;; but then again, it was a three year old kid. But I don't think I look that old -______-;;; I'm 18 mannnnnn.

Hope your cosplays are going ok. Lol.

Lol... I'm not even that much different from Kels. Like... 0.3세 or something lol... forgot when her birthday was. XD
o_o i cant believe someone called you an ahjumma.. LOL.. you dont look it XD
--> btw my costumes are all failing XD

Quote:
so lucky~~~ ive never left the continent.. XDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibekisensai
i'm now strangely in the mood for some sang gyup sal....mmmm...hungry...
that stuff scares me.. lol *o*

kels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2006, 04:32 PM   #23
jiyoon

Quote:
LOL.. jungmyuu~~ actually i dont think i shouold be 2sae.. my parents are convinced that im more japanese than korean ==;
Lol. You do speak fairly good japanese. Now, your korean on the other hand... =P lol joke.

Quote:
o_o i cant believe someone called you an ahjumma.. LOL.. you dont look it XD
--> btw my costumes are all failing XD
Lol it's ok. Mine are too XD.
No wait. There's only one now. I gave up on the second costume >___>
Unread 05-15-2006, 04:46 PM   #24
LiL KRN YUNA
omnom!

Ahnyoung!~ I'm a full Korean and was born in Taegu, SK. Right now, I live in Louisiana where there is absolutely 0 Koreans...;_;
Unread 05-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #25
jiyoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL KRN YUNA
Ahnyoung!~ I'm a full Korean and was born in Taegu, SK. Right now, I live in Louisiana where there is absolutely 0 Koreans...;_;
Poor you ;_; Toronto at least has quite a few. Though definitely not as much as NY or LA.
Unread 05-16-2006, 03:36 AM   #26
xinababo
Enjoy your spaghetti.

Maryland Sux! The President Lives Here!!! Aiiiiiiish ><

Unread 05-17-2006, 11:20 AM   #27
bamboocactus
Reporting live from Japan

Quote:
Actually DC isn't a part of MD, it's just next to it. But I feel your pain And actually there are like a billion Koreans in MD. I can't go two miles without seeing a Korean Church!

Just thought I'd say hi. I'm not Korean (to my knowledge), but I taught myself Hangul back in middle school. I could never really get too much of the spoken language because in high school, all the Korean kids hated me and made fun of me because I was a "white guy" learning Korean, and apparently that's a huge no-no [Rolls his eyes].

-Heishiro Mitsurugi (Soulcalibur IV) ... Coming soon...

-A Pimp Named Uruhara (Mod - Bleach) ... 100%

-Heishiro Mitsurugi (P3, Soul Calibur II) ... 100%

bamboocactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2006, 03:44 PM   #28
hibekisensai
Habitual User

Quote:
There are a few koreans in the Detroit area....even though the president lives close to MD, which really sucks, I would still like to live closer to more korean folk...I will be at Otakon this year, so maybe i can see/meet up with some fellow asian cosplay.com peoples!

bamboocactus- Yeah, as for being a white guy up in korean culture, koreans can be just as ignorant as anybody. I think what you experienced is the fact that koreans/korean americans seriously get made fun of in america, and when koreans have just a little piece of anything in this country, the thought process is: "here comes a white guy trying to take up what's ours, when basically everything in america belongs to white people...why get in our business? can we at least have this little piece to call our own?"

I totally feel you and agree those people were wrong for hating, but at the same time, you should just be informed as to why korean folk or any minority race may hate on a white guy...it's not right, but it makes sense. Sometimes you gotta realize that things are unequal or aren't right, but won't change completely in the forseeable future. All you can do is spread unity, and over time, things will change! People will notice you aren't prejudiced, if you truly aren't! Thanks for sharing in the korean forum!

Last edited by hibekisensai : 05-18-2006 at 03:48 PM.
hibekisensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2006, 02:00 AM   #29
ChaosButterfly
Cosplay Kitty n' Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboocactus
Actually DC isn't a part of MD, it's just next to it. But I feel your pain And actually there are like a billion Koreans in MD. I can't go two miles without seeing a Korean Church!

Just thought I'd say hi. I'm not Korean (to my knowledge), but I taught myself Hangul back in middle school. I could never really get too much of the spoken language because in high school, all the Korean kids hated me and made fun of me because I was a "white guy" learning Korean, and apparently that's a huge no-no [Rolls his eyes].

You taught yourself Hangul? *envy* I'm trying to now, semi-actively when I have time. >.< The writing seems easier to me than the spoken language. o.O It is the opposite to me with say Mandarin and Japanese, where I find the spoken language easier than the written.

I agree, it is kind of harder to find minorities willing to help to teach you about their culture/language/etc. when they may feel that you're trying to take it. It's the fear of that kind of response, not to mention the fact that I'm embarrassingly shy, that kept me from actively trying to seek out friends who might have had that knowledge. I should have asked my Tae Kwon Do teacher when younger, he was from South Korea. >.< Blah, hindsight's 20/20.

O.O How rude of me.

Hello, everyone. I'm also not Korean, but have been interested in the language, music, manwha, clothing, culture, etc. for a while. ^_^ I hope you don't mind my interceding in this thread, thank you.

×has given up estimating for now×

Last edited by ChaosButterfly : 05-22-2006 at 02:02 AM.
ChaosButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2006, 10:58 AM   #30
bamboocactus
Reporting live from Japan

...Which is kind of pushing my point. If a group of individuals is going to live in a country with a culture that is not natively theirs, they had better not get offended when other people take interest and want to become a part of their culture. Being born and raised in the States, I'm painfully aware of the fact that Americans are disgustingly cut off from the rest of the world. If it weren't for the fact that our president makes a hobby of bombing them, most Americans probably wouldn't even be aware of the existence of a world outside of our borders. It's sick. However, there are people, like myself and ChaosButterfly, along with every single person on this board obviously, who ARE aware of other countries, peoples, and cultures, and are very interested in partaking in them and being included. It sucks being stuck with one culture, one close-minded people your entire life. It's not like we're in Europe where we can hop on a bus and visit 5 countries in a day. It's a breath of fresh air to be exposed to other cultures, and when an individual takes a sincere interest in learning about my culture, I certainly am flattered and would do anything I could to accomodate them and teach them what they wanted to know. But for a group of people to come to a foreign land and settle into a foreign culture while still trying to keep their own, and then become INSULTED when the people who accomodate them take an interest... that's pretty ignorant, and I don't think there's any justification for it. "White people" aren't trying to "steal" your "culture". And it certainly isn't as base as "white people" and "not white people". Those are distinctions of the past, and even on that, those are distinctions made by the most horribly ignorant and hateful minds that our world had to offer. When I see a group of people walking around in a small pack, taking confidence and safety in the fact that they have other people like them around, going on about hating whiteys and honkeys and crackers and all (and trust me, I've seen plenty an Asian do this.), I think back to all the ignorance and persecution that minorities and majorities alike have faced in the past, and I harbour absolutely no respect for anybody who could ever think like that.

So, that's my two cents. No, it isn't right, but no, it certainly does not make sense. At least not from a humanitarian, or fair point of view. But of course if all people truly cared about one another, the world would be very different. ^^;

-Heishiro Mitsurugi (Soulcalibur IV) ... Coming soon...

-A Pimp Named Uruhara (Mod - Bleach) ... 100%

-Heishiro Mitsurugi (P3, Soul Calibur II) ... 100%

bamboocactus is offline   Reply With Quote