Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photography Chat

Unread 12-17-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
Master Maurice

Help! "Sore spot" tips please

Okay, I have a question. Sorry if it doesn't belong here, but I thought it would be the best place.

I have a problem with getting my pictures taken. I always hate how my pictures turn out. The problem is that I broke my jaw when I was seven and now my jaw (and thus, my chin), sit almost an inch further back than it should. Now, whenever I get photos taken, I always have a double chin in the photos. I have recently lost like 50lbs (for other reasons), but still have a double chin in all my photos! The thing that really bugs me is, that I don't see any double chin when I do my make-up or look at myself in the mirror! So I get these photos back and my first thought is, "Who is this!!??"

So really the question is, does anyone have any photography pointers that may help eliminate this concern?
Greed - (for fiance) FMA
And the list goes on....
Master Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-17-2005, 02:20 PM   #2
Shizzo

Are you tilting your head towards the camera when the photo is taken? Most people get a little double chin action going on if they tilt their head down.

I'd suggest tilting your head back/up. You could also lean your body towards the camera and stick your chin out. That has a pretty slimming effect. Plus, if you lean your body and chin towards the camera at the same angle it doesn't look like you're jutting your chin out as much.

Another tip is to have the photographer take photos from a slightly higher than you are level.

Have somebody you know won't laugh at you take lots of pictures and experiment with different postures/photograph angles to see which ones are flattering to your body.
Shizzo is offline   Reply With Quote