Go Back   Cosplay.com > Usergroup Forums > Usergroup Discussion and Recruitment

Unread 12-19-2005, 01:16 AM   #1
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Beta Usergroups

I have a few groups partially set up and will be working on the others overnight. I got sidetracked today by my kitten getting sick and then dealing with some random girl who thinks it's ok to steal the Cosplay.com logo, take out the .com part and use it for her own logo, and then bitch publicly when I ask her to please come up with something original. And then a chorus of other kids think I'm a jerk for not letting her use it or something. Blah, I'm on a tangent . . . . Anyways . . .

Here is a current list of usergroups which are part of the beta test. I am going to attempt to get the photo gallery portion of the groups finished tonight before making all of them go live, so if yours is listed here but not live yet, it's because I'm going to activate it after the galleries are working. If I don't have them working by Monday afternoon, I'll just switch the groups on anyway.

NYO! Cosplay
Michigan Cosplayers Society
Chicagoland Cosplay Club
Carolina Cosplay Revolution
Columbus Cosplay Gathering
Virginia Cosplay Society
Cleveland Area Cosplay
Peach State Cosplay Society
Anime Costumers' Guild (discussion of anime/sci-fi cons and bridging the gap)
Fashion and Design Majors (a group for people interested in or currently attending school for fashion/costume design)
SEED Cosplay (discussion of all things Gundam SEED cosplay)

Any group in bold is already added.

I will post more information in this forum later, including general rules and usage of the usergroups.

The usergroup leaders will have ultimate control over the usergroup's forum, photo albums, and accepting/declining join requests.

Last edited by Admin : 12-19-2005 at 06:10 AM.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-19-2005, 05:01 AM   #2
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

If you suddenly can't find your group/forum, it means you weren't auto-added to the usergroup. Please view this page and put in a join request for your specific group:
http://forums.cosplay.com/profile.php?do=editusergroups
Unread 12-19-2005, 08:07 PM   #3
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Remember at this time that usergroup forums are private and cannot be seen by the general forum populace, so if you're looking to recruit members you'll have to do so outside of your actual group forum. This is only a temporary downfall - I am finishing up the gallery part tonight as well as starting on the group home pages, which will be featured heavily on the site itself. More info coming shortly.

You can use this forum to advertise your group as well, and it already does get about as many views as the Member Forums section did.
Unread 02-21-2006, 02:53 AM   #4
deanimefan

Any idea when user groups will be out of Beta? I'm looking to make one. Thank you.

Always looking for new friends. Feel free to add me - http://spockuhura-is-flawless.tumblr.com/
deanimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2006, 03:15 PM   #5
Ichigo_Kurosaki
Black Cat Of Misfortune

and can we actually be in charge of two groups? I'm looking to make one for Chrono Crusade and I think it would go very well with people joining ^^
Xerxes Break - Pandora Hearts

Will of the Abyss - Pandora Hearts

Terra - Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Ichigo_Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 08:47 PM   #6
TechieCL
MomoCon HeadStaff

I'm sure you're aware that the joining radio buttons are no longer functional; is their an eta on when that function will return?

MomoCon On Tour get your Fan-Fix between conventions. Photoshoots, dances, and more!
TechieCL is offline   Reply With Quote