Go Back   Cosplay.com > Usergroup Forums > Usergroup Discussion and Recruitment

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-30-2006, 09:24 PM   #16
loserific
Zombie Seamstress

I plan on going to New York to a fashion design school. ^_^ I would LOVE to get into Parsons, but who knows. I am a sophomore right now in high school so yeah, I plan ahead. XD There are a lot more schools out there that I am thinking about. And since I live in Texas, I might just stay here. >> But I am doing this 'challenge' project that you do for two years, and I am doing a fashion show. ^_^

I am still unsure of where to go, really. I just know I want to do something with fashion. ^_^
loserific is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-31-2006, 07:09 PM   #17
shiro.youma

I appplied to the fashion program at Ryerson in Toronto, it was the only University that offered it as a major, the U of Windsor offers a costume design program, but I wanted to attend University away from home, so I didn't apply.
shiro.youma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2006, 02:27 PM   #18
~J-Chan~

I'm actually planning on pursueing my hobby as my career. My fairy costumes that are in my gallery are actualy original designs that are a part of one of my two portfolios which I'm working on in advaced placement art studio! As a sophmore I visited FIDM in San Fransisco for "Three days of Fashion" and to be quite honest I hated it. I didn't see any "work-type" rooms nor did I see a single sewing machine. When my mom asked if she could see the work room or even a sewing manchine...the college representatives totally blew her off. Anyway, a bit off topic....I'm also planning on visiting SCAD. They're big on fashion as well as art, therefore, I could still expand on my artistic side. Anyway, it's unofficail where I will be attending but my major is going to be costuming. I plan on focusing more so on theatre design as opposed to t.v. movie design because I think it would be much more interesting making show girl costumes as opposed to lousy dresses for some t.v show!
Unread 02-16-2006, 04:26 PM   #19
Amaya De'Morte
Clearly Miscalculated.

I'm a major in Theatre (with empahasis on costume design) and a minor in fashion at a small state school in texas (where the only entertainment happens to be the neighborhood bar/rodeo combonation)

but I'll be transfering to University of North Texas this fall.
Tsubaki (soul Eater)
Rogue (xmen)
Once-ler (The Lorax Movie)

deviantART+facebook

“A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerated the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected, and outlast the unbearable”
Amaya De'Morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2006, 02:14 PM   #20
LuckInSpades

FIDM, SF for me. Started not that long ago, but its interesting and giving me things to do. I can't wait to go into their costuming program in my 3rd year! Not sure what else to say ^,^;
Unread 02-17-2006, 02:45 PM   #21
Chibi Plush Toy
KTBSPA24-7

Heh I'm still a junior in high school and I LOVE fashion design but very soon I'll be applying to LIM, FIDM, and possibly Parson's (just RECENTLY watching the last few episodes of Project Runway). This has always been a dream of mine and I'm hoping to achieve it greatly to my fullest potential!

edit: I will also be signing up for the FIDM Three Days of Fashion in San Diego.
♥◌°
Chibi Plush Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2006, 10:47 PM   #22
Suzushichan
outta here

soon i will be attending FIC, a very small fasion college here in SD. they also have classes on costume design. ^_^
Unread 02-20-2006, 02:07 PM   #23
Videl-chan
No Victory for You.

I'll be staring FIDM in Los Angeles in July. I may not go into costume design, I'll stick with Fashion Design. It's great to meet other people who are in the field I'll be in!
Videl-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2006, 06:26 PM   #24
Zeat Project

I'm a fashion student at the Art Institute of Philadelphia. I make cosplay costumes and I'm a cosplayer. I would love to be a professional costume designer one day.
Zeat Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2006, 11:37 PM   #25
vampirate

Aw, I'm already in one usergroup and can't join. But anyways, I'm a theatre major at Auburn University, not one of the big fancy artsy schools I know but some of us just go where we can financially, and I'm the assistant in our costume shop.
vampirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2006, 12:52 PM   #26
Clueless Case
unce unce unce!

I'm at Otis in LA. It's fun having the campus in the middle of the LA fashion district. It's a pain to drive there everyday tho.

Taking Wig Commissions
Clueless Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2006, 04:54 PM   #27
kuko-chan
Waterbender Extraodinaire

I've been accepted into George Brown College's fashion design course. I couldn't really see myself starting out in a university just yet because I'm not ready for heavy duty book work and theory as opposed to hands on practical work. I'm really excited about starting fashion design in the fall.
Unread 04-16-2006, 02:04 AM   #28
PinqFuu
Masochist Perfectionist

1 year at the Arts Institute of Seattle Fashion Design program

This fall I'm going to Seattle Central Community College for Apparel Design.

The fashion colleges I know that are most recognizable:

Chicago Institute of Art
FIT
Parsons
FIDM
OTIS
Unread 04-17-2006, 10:29 AM   #29
Ryoko-Dono
Back away from the wig...

Hey, I joined a while back, but I figured I'd post. I'm a senior in high school, and right now I'm trying to decide between Philadelphia Univeristy or FIT for fashion.

live in/around upstate ny? check out the upstate ny cosplay society
Ryoko-Dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2006, 12:29 PM   #30
Hiro_01
"haha moo"-Kakashi

i'm interested in costume design...
L100%
Jessy:100%
Ed-100%
Adding a new con to the list! Bakuraketsu, Anime Boston, CT con (hopefully they'll be more in the summer if i can pay for them all)
Hiro_01 is offline   Reply With Quote