Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Closed Thread
Unread 12-22-2005, 06:51 AM   #1
emeraude
Love 4 Cosplay

cosplay stores in tokyo

well, im planning to go to comicket this december, but i also would like to know where to find cosplay stores in tokyo (akihabara by preference), i know there are pre-made cosplay dress but here are really expensive, so im looking for places where i can buy accesories like dejiko`s neko hat or stuffs like that, i also would like to know if there a cosplay store(dresses) but not so expensive. i will apreciate if you can help me. thank you

Unread 12-22-2005, 01:03 PM   #2
tEnTen
>> illusion <<

Uhm if youve got you can buy some costumes for not that much money in Harajuku| Takeshit Dori but costumes in Japan are always very expensive so there are two better possibilites to choose. Take a look for a tailor, there are some really good ones or do it yourself.
Okadaya is the best fabric store ever (and expensive one too) but you can buy there the exact fabric (and accesoiry) you need for your cosplay... I just bought way too much fabric there |D
Unread 12-22-2005, 09:52 PM   #3
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

This thread might help a little...
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...ighlight=tokyo
Or this one. "cosplay stores in Japan"
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...ighlight=tokyo

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Unread 12-23-2005, 02:31 AM   #4
emeraude
Love 4 Cosplay

i read those thread but im just going to the place where bight site is, and akihabara, and maybe nakano, but im really interested in accesories and wigs, can you help me please?
Unread 12-23-2005, 03:42 AM   #5
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Wigs...
http://cyperous.com/index.html
http://www.curu2.com/
http://www.maple-wig.com/

I'm assuming they are in Tokyo, I haven't been there myself. You need knowledge of basic Japanese to find the maps; if you need help reading the kanji ask someone at a convenience store or hotel and they should be able to help you.

I don't know of any accessory stores specifically, but COSPA sells some, so does Mandrake. Cosmint also sells some. I only know these stores based on their websites, I've never been to Mandrake or Cosmint before.

Other site:
Cospa guide http://www.cospa.com/cospaguide/englishguide.html
Pare Ideal http://www.excite.co.jp/world/englis...=JAEN&wb_dis=2
http://af.vis.ne.jp/cos/index.html (for ordering, if you're in Japan for a while you might be able to order to the hotel or place you're staying at)

Big Sight doesn't have cosplay shops, it's a building with large spaces for setting up booths. There is a shopping mall complex on the other side of Odaiba, but I don't think it has any cosplay themed stores; I can't remember any.

Akiba has a COSPA, but it's small. It's the only one I know of in Akiba; I have no idea where the other stores are located. I don't think Mandrake is in any of those areas. I actually haven't been to Nakano, so I have no idea.

You might have more luck in Shibuya's 0101 building, Shinjuku's 0101, the Okadaya (http://www.okadaya.co.jp/) in Shinjuku (I hear it has everything, but it's not a cosplay shop), strolling Harajuku, or hitting Ikebukuro. Ikebukuro has a few goth-loli type shops, a big animate (which sells some accessories), and another mall (sunshine 60), but I don't think it has a cosplay shop either.

Cosplay, while "popular", isn't necessarily common enough to be in the main shopping malls.

You could try PMing Inertia, she lives in Tokyo. Supremeronin as well; he should know some places.

Good luck!

Unread 12-23-2005, 06:17 AM   #6
ilumiari
What is "Shower?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tEnTen
Okadaya is the best fabric store ever (and expensive one too) but you can buy there the exact fabric (and accesoiry) you need for your cosplay... I just bought way too much fabric there |D
Nope. Its not. Go to Nippori (Yamanote line/Keisei line), there is a district called Fabric Town in which you can find a shop called Tomato. It is the best fabric store ever, and fairly cheap (it even has a 100yen/metre section). It has ALOT more selection than Okadaya, its about 4 times bigger and less than half the price. In Nippori you can also find the MAPLE wig shop that has a small selection of COSPA costumes and a large selection of wigs.

I havent been to the OIOI in Shibuya, but the one in Shinjuku (OIOI young) has a COSPA store, but its very small. Smaller than the one in Akihabara. It rarely has more than 10 costumes in stock, you need to order them in. Akihabara has a few privately run costume stores, you can find them by wandering around for a while. Look for "costume" written on a window, preferebly not in conjunction with the word "adult".

Er... if you want to meet I can take you around Nippori sometime this week cause I want to go to the wig store too, PM me. Else there is another slightly cheaper wig store in Asakusa-bashi (short train ride from Nippori) but the wig quality isn't near as good.

btw Eleryth I live in Tokyo too! 15 mins by train from Akihabara and Nippori, 30 to Shinjuku.

Last edited by ilumiari : 12-23-2005 at 06:25 AM.
Unread 12-23-2005, 07:00 AM   #7
emeraude
Love 4 Cosplay

i was looking the maple wig web page, their prices are abour 4800yens, but i have a question.... are there cheaper stores??? does the maple wigs has good quality?
Unread 12-23-2005, 07:38 AM   #8
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Ohhh, I want to do some wig shopping if I have time... Thanks for letting me know the location of Maple! Ever been to Cyperious? Which wig stores do you recommend?

Didn't mean to forget you, Ilumiari! *oops*

Unread 12-25-2005, 05:43 AM   #9
ilumiari
What is "Shower?"

4800 yen is incredibly cheap for a wig in Japan, believe me. I've been to Cyperious too, their wigs are slightly cheaper but they are a bit lacking in quality I think. The Maple wigs are yay nice quality. I was wearing mine around the house the other day, my host grandmother was staring at me for ages, then said "What did you do to your hair? You should do it more often because it's a big improvement."
Unread 12-25-2005, 05:39 PM   #10
Edtel

Okay, the advice on the Nippori fabric store is truly evil. I was looking for another reason to head to Nippori, and now I have it. Thanks!

Mandarake does have a cosplay section, but from what I remember, it isn't very large, even in the larger locations. But I admit I didn't give them a huge look since last time I was there, I wasn't into cosplaying yet. From what I remember, most of the stuff was pre-made. Mind you, Mandarake is worth visiting for anyone into anime stuff, anyway, so...
Unread 12-26-2005, 01:09 AM   #11
emeraude
Love 4 Cosplay

well, yestarday i bought a wig for 500yens xD
Unread 12-28-2005, 02:29 AM   #12
ilumiari
What is "Shower?"

Even the ¥100 shop wigs run in the order of ¥800, where did you get it?
Unread 12-28-2005, 03:06 AM   #13
emeraude
Love 4 Cosplay

in a 100 yens shop xD
Unread 12-30-2005, 05:50 AM   #14
emeraude
Love 4 Cosplay

u.u im very sad because i went to akihabara, and i just could go to the gamers shop (broccoli) and animate, i searched for rabi en rose`s rabbit ears but they...doesnt exist u.ul....................... i really want them, i didnt see any cosplay costume there.....ah i have a question o.o someone told me that anime cosplays are being sold at don quijote (donki) and that they are very cheap, does someone know something about that?
Unread 12-30-2005, 06:09 AM   #15
Supremeronin

Hmmm...I'm not sure about actual anime costumes @donki...maybe. They have all kinds so it may be so.
The Shinjuku and Shibuya stores are pretty huge...might be worth a look.
Closed Thread