Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 12-27-2005, 10:27 PM   #16
VincentEternal

I personally wear the Jenova daily lenses! I can't be sporting shiny glasses on my pale-ass skin!
VincentEternal is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-27-2005, 10:28 PM   #17
Fallen_Jenova
Just Another Abused Uke

I wear glasses and contacts, usually I wear the contacts but if I'm wearing special colour contacts (you know the fancy designed ones) I'll have to wear my glasses with those. If I'm asked for a picture I just take them off or ask someone to hold them while the picture is being taken.

Persacon 2008:
Before Crisis and In Game Rufus Shinra~ Final Fantasy VII
Mello~ Death Note
Seras (yellow)~ Hellsing
Alexia Ashford~ Resident Evil Code Veronica
Reno~ Final Fantasy VII

Fallen_Jenova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2005, 10:42 PM   #18
tfcreate
Behind the lens since 68

It only takes 1/60th of a second to take a picture. Surely they can be without their glasses for that long. I ask the model to remove them if he or she can.
TFC

Rules for life: Rule #7
Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you are.
Anime Midwest Anime Chicago Chicago Comicon
Anime Iowa
tfcreate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2005, 10:51 PM   #19
strawberrykitte
Justice will previal

well I have to wear my glasses most of the time cause Im just about legally blind if Im not already...I mean I cant even see a persons face is they were five feet infront of me( no exaggeration) But if anyone wanted a picture they wounldnt even have to ask for me to take my glasses off, I do it anyway....I really dont like wearing glasses but some people like me have very low budgets*sighness* Anyways if Im just Hallcosplaying I'll keep them on >_< because if your eye sight is as bad as mine you tend to walk into walls...or tables....things like that...but If I enter in contest they come off, It can possilbly be dagerous and I reccomend unless you are use to taking your glasses off while dancing performing or in my case at the time (performing a sending as Yuna) Then please keep them on....I almost lost my balance >_<
Italy- Hetalia
" Sing from your heart, no matter what the consequences, Love who you want and be who you wish to be, Live for you and all those around you, Share your love with the world."

strawberrykitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2005, 11:15 PM   #20
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Heh, I *can't* wear my glasses with two of my favorite costumes, since both Emishi and Ban have very distinctive sunglasses that they wear. I can see well enough without my glasses, though, and I do carry them in a pocket or something just in case I go into a video room or something where I'd want to see something at a distance.

But yeah, like everyone else has been saying, if I'm taking a picture, I ask for the glasses off. If I'm in the picture, I take the glasses off. Should learn to wear contacts someday, seeing as two of the characters I like to cosplay have very distinctive eye colors which actually are involved in plot points...
Unread 12-27-2005, 11:47 PM   #21
NeoSpike

Then theres the Batou cosplay I'm doing...he doesn't have eyes...he has thses bionic vision filters, since he's a cyborg. Anyone who at least watches Ghost in the Shell knows who I mean.

When I have them on, I'll be almost blind to the world. I mean, I'm working on making a pair of his eyes with which I can at least SEE though, butif I happen to get in a firefight (Hey...it COULD happen. Ever see Die-Hard?) I'm screwed, because I'll have those glued to my eyes. I'll need people to read stuff for me! Oh well.

Oh, and are you talking about Ban's Jagon, or Evil Eye? 'Cuz Ginji's electricity will totally rip him apart.
Unread 12-27-2005, 11:47 PM   #22
trixyloupwolf
A LONELY kitty

well ^^;;
can,t take them offf ^^;; snif snif
iam blind as......as waterver is the blindless creture ^^;; lol

but sometime i take them off for picture

hell i hate being blind ^^;;

o well did't eat enough carrot i guess ^^;;

see ya

were no one is...there i should hide and awaite.....
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1_edited-2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...600x120-v4.jpg
trixyloupwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2005, 11:49 PM   #23
WilwarinAndamar
Anime NebrasKon staff

I wore my own glasses for my Yomiko cosplay since I wasn't too concerned about accuracy (plus I didn't finish my false glasses in time ).

I wear contacts for my other characters.

My boyfriend wants to cosplay with me, but he doesn't like wearing contacts. He will be doing Il Palazzo from Excel Saga & Fury from FMA, but since they wear glasses it doesn't matter. For Koga (InuYasha), he will probably take his glasses off for pictures.

Watch the Awesome Rangers saga!
*AR3 trailer here*
WilwarinAndamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2005, 12:41 AM   #24
Hitokiri Kenshin

I wore my glasses most of the time for my Kenshin costume, and took them off in a few photos. Some of the other ones, well, sometimes when you wear glasses, it's so natural to you that you may forget that you're wearing them.
Hitokiri Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2005, 12:54 AM   #25
ShiroInu
The Fullmetal Midget

I wear glasses normally, and I hate touching my eyes, so contacts are out of the question. If I remember that I'm wearing glasses (which is rare), I'll take them off for a picture. I can't see anything clearly more than a meter in front of my face, so I end up squinting and it looks bad.

Just as a tip for anyone who wants to get a picture of a cosplayer who wears glasses (and is doing a character who doesn't), be helpful and remind them about their glasses. I'd really appreciate it if people reminded me, since most of the time I can't remember if I'm wearing them or not (sometimes I'll have them off, and reach up to adjust them and realise they aren't there).
ShiroInu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2005, 02:13 AM   #26
Osuwari
No tastycakes + Airports!

I used to wear contacts but they just hurt my eyes. So now I just wear glasses. Well all I do is just take my glasses off for photos and that works fine for me.

Two words for ya :P
Osuwari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2005, 03:22 AM   #27
Feral

Hmm well then you've got people like me with a glasses-controlled lazy eye that will roll into my nose if I lose focus for a second (ie camera flash) Still going to take them off though, and pray I don't look retarded in too many pics. Be nice though! Not everyone is as visionally (?) fortunate.
Unread 12-28-2005, 04:27 AM   #28
fokushii
3:0!

Just as the rest of you, I am blind blind blind without glasses or contacts. I started wearing contacts for the sake of cosplay and although it was hell at first, I just forced myself to get used to it (nowadays I can wear contcts for 14 hours in a row with no pain at all if I must). I suppose I really am that much of a perfectionist; if the character doesn't wear glasses neither do I. In fact, I can't even try on a costume with my glasses on because it just feels wrong. And I have frameless ones. (And, oh, yes, I have been told I might take cosplay a wee bit too seriously... Eh.)

But as a general rule, I'd be beyond happy if the cosplayers who wear glasses took them off for photos. That, and I really don't think anyone would be upset if the photographer asked for the glasses to go away.
fokushii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2005, 04:53 AM   #29
KaiJule
Gone

I am a glasses user and I wear contacts for cosplay. For me if the cosplayer takes off the glasses is better, but if they don't I don't really care.
I know how hard it is to be unable to see x_x
KaiJule is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2005, 05:01 AM   #30
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

I normally wear contacts for cosplay, except when circumstances require me to wear glasses. (Like if my contacts tear at the convention and I have no spares — it happens! — or if I'm wearing plano colored lenses because I can't find that color in a prescription approximation.) Whipping off glasses is a pain, but it really helps in photos.

I wish more photographers would remember to remind cosplayers to take off their glasses if they aren't part of the costume and to hide their con badges. I'm scatterbrained as all hell and often need reminders.