Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Unread 12-28-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
Lobo_en_fuego

Naruto costume: Kakashi

I was wondering if there are any patterens out there for his vest, or any "how to's" and what not, could you send me some links. I know there are alot of Kakashi's running around out there so there has bound to be some info somewhere, though I havent had luck finding any. Not sure if I want to spend $75-$100 on ebay just for the vest.

Also any other tips would be most welcome.

Thanks

~~~~~EDIT~~~~~

Oh shoot, I forgot to do a search before posting, mybad people! And it seems I cant delete my own thread, so um, mods, just delete this one for me and I will post it in the one thats already going on, thanx

Last edited by Lobo_en_fuego : 12-28-2005 at 12:05 PM.
Lobo_en_fuego is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2005, 02:35 PM   #2
wvpoetgirl

i am not totally sure where a pattern for Kakashi's vest is but i would try www.google.com sor starters. and if u need the headband, try www.hottopic.com or if there is a store go there and get one. my friend and i bought one frm there the other day for only $20 bucks!
wvpoetgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2005, 04:28 PM   #3
LousyItachi
Dope Ass Disney Train

Argh, again with the Hot Topic headbands. -_-

People, don't buy those. Not only are they overpriced, but they're made crappily as well. eBay has more official and sexy-looking headbands than you can shake a stick at, and for about half what Hot Topic charges.
LousyItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2005, 04:56 PM   #4
raevyn
Sucker for Wings

I found a pattern of a vest with a high collar, and modified it ^^;
Yaoi-con?
AnimeLA
WonderCon
Fanime
raevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2005, 07:11 PM   #5
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LousyItachi
Argh, again with the Hot Topic headbands. -_-

People, don't buy those. Not only are they overpriced, but they're made crappily as well. eBay has more official and sexy-looking headbands than you can shake a stick at, and for about half what Hot Topic charges.
Wait.... you mean this? http://www.hottopic.com/store/produc...=244843&RN=527
That's actually the OFFICIAL headband, same as the one sold in japan. That thing is as sturdy as they come, but there are problems with it....it's a bit big for some people's head and that Konoha is the only village offered in that style.
Admitedly, they may be available for cheap NOW, but back in the early days of the fandom you'd be lucky to find those things online for less than 30 bucks...

Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2005, 09:10 PM   #6
Valgaav_Xellos
King of Wu!

well... gah. i totally wish i didnt get rid of the saved pattern i used as reference for my vest or i'd totally give it to you. although, if you think you're going to make kakashi a costume you'll wear over and over again.. OR if you plan to do any other jounin vest wearing characters, i'd recommend just getting one from ebay and making it a useful investment lol.

Cosplays... COMING SOON.
Valgaav_Xellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2005, 06:27 AM   #7
LousyItachi
Dope Ass Disney Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzikumaru
That's actually the OFFICIAL headband, same as the one sold in japan. That thing is as sturdy as they come, but there are problems with it....it's a bit big for some people's head and that Konoha is the only village offered in that style.
Admitedly, they may be available for cheap NOW, but back in the early days of the fandom you'd be lucky to find those things online for less than 30 bucks...

Well, I won't call you a liar, but I'm pretty sure those aren't the same headbands that are sold as the "official" ones in Japan... something about how the leaf symbol is etched in is noticeably different.

Anywho, I got my two headbands quite a while ago and they were just as cheap as they are now. And somehow I don't see Hot Topic slashing prices on something because it's popular. In fact, the opposite.
LousyItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2005, 11:15 PM   #8
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LousyItachi
Well, I won't call you a liar, but I'm pretty sure those aren't the same headbands that are sold as the "official" ones in Japan... something about how the leaf symbol is etched in is noticeably different.

Anywho, I got my two headbands quite a while ago and they were just as cheap as they are now. And somehow I don't see Hot Topic slashing prices on something because it's popular. In fact, the opposite.
Trust me, they are the official headbands. We compared my friend's with the one they sell there.

Also, I'm talking about WAY early in the fandom...the chuunin exam arc hadn't even started yet by the time I first saw those things on Ebay...goin' for about 30 bucks a band. Mind you, when the series hit big, they became extremely cheap really quick...

They aren't my favorites though....two big and only one village...

Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2005, 12:28 AM   #9
Lobo_en_fuego

Thanx to all the responses in trying to help me.

Yeah I got like 2 official head bands, one black and one blue. All bought on Ebay, where as the first one I paid $35 for back in 2003. Though I never thought I could cosplay until now cuz of my money situation, so a headband back then was good enough.

Now 2 people up hear said they had a patteren, and one of them didnt say if they still had it or not. If you do have one, mind sending it my way?
Unread 12-31-2005, 10:29 AM   #10
Mad_Hattress512
(un)Registered User :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzikumaru

gah! >.< I paid 35 for mine!
Hey I have one thats "official" as well, but it looks different...

Last edited by Mad_Hattress512 : 12-31-2005 at 10:40 AM.
Mad_Hattress512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2005, 11:33 AM   #11
yellownectarine
chickenmer

I modified a green hoodie I found at a discount store. the result was fab.
yellownectarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2005, 11:41 AM   #12
Cora
Shine Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hattress512
gah! >.< I paid 35 for mine!
Hey I have one thats "official" as well, but it looks different...
Eep! $35 for a hitai-ate?? @_@ I think there are more than one version that's "official." I don't know why but I think there were several ones manufactured. I know there's the fancy one made of silk that's more like a bandana than a headband (that one I think was close to $35). Then the ones my friend and I bought might actually be bootleg, but they look semi-official and are similar to what they sell at Hot Topic now, except that ours have the symbol colored in black, which I think works better because you can see it better. I think we paid about $15-$20 for ours.

But then there are possibly a lot of hitai-ates that say they're official but they're in fact, bootleg. It's hard to tell the difference sometimes, unless there's glaring proof that it's wrong. Like last year at Anime Iowa, there were two different kinds of FMA watches being sold, but both looked official. The one that was bootleg said "Don't forget 3.Oct.11" with a subscript 11. The correct date is 3.Oct.10, but you most likely couldn't see inside the watch until after you bought it. I also heard from a couple people that they broke easily too.

However with Naruto hitai-ate, even the possible bootleg ones could be made decently enough to be headbands for cosplay. So unless you ended up with the cloth bandana with the headplate and symbol painted on, I don't think there's a whole lot to complain about it being official or not, so long as you don't have to pay too much for them ^^;

As for the Flak Jacket, after I finish the ANBU vest that's likely to be my next project. If I figure out anything that works well I'll let you know. ^^ I'm making mine from scratch. @_@

I'd also like to know if anyone's made a Kakashi wig, and if they've got any advice for that @_@ If not I'll just wait until I'm actually working on it and start a thread in the wig forum, but I just thought I'd ask anyway ^^;

Last edited by Cora : 12-31-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Cora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2005, 04:32 PM   #13
Mad_Hattress512
(un)Registered User :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora
Eep! $35 for a hitai-ate?? @_@ I think there are more than one version that's "official." I don't know why but I think there were several ones manufactured. I know there's the fancy one made of silk that's more like a bandana than a headband (that one I think was close to $35). Then the ones my friend and I bought might actually be bootleg, but they look semi-official and are similar to what they sell at Hot Topic now, except that ours have the symbol colored in black, which I think works better because you can see it better. I think we paid about $15-$20 for ours.
That sounds like the one I have! I mean, I do love mine, I just wish I had know you could get them 15 dollars cheaper....

Oh and what you were saying about the pocket watches, I have the one that says October 11. TT.TT lmao I need to work on this whole buying thing...
Mad_Hattress512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2006, 10:39 PM   #14
Cora
Shine Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hattress512
That sounds like the one I have! I mean, I do love mine, I just wish I had know you could get them 15 dollars cheaper....

Oh and what you were saying about the pocket watches, I have the one that says October 11. TT.TT lmao I need to work on this whole buying thing...
yeah, well bootleg items like that can be pretty hard to spot ^^;; I don't have a watch, and I probably wouldn't have known what to look for if I hadn't gone to that panel. A watch would be nice to have, because they look awesome, but fundamentally I don't have much of a use for one ^^;

But yeah, there's so many different kinds of hitai-ate, it's so hard to tell what kind are the good ones without paying outrageous prices for one. @_@
Cora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2006, 11:39 PM   #15
Lobo_en_fuego

I was just thinking, what is a good material to use? I was thinking canvas at first, but now I am not so sure.....