Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 01-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #1
Keely

Talking DragonCon Hotel Rooms - How soon do they sell out?

This will be my first DragonCon and Iím attending with a large group from Texas. Iím trying to figure out how soon the main DragonCon hotels sell out?

I donít want to book a room until we know for sure how many people we have going, but I also donít want to end up missing out of getting a room in a connecting hotel and having to hike blocks in full body paintÖ

Any help would be appreciated!
Keely is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-03-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
halafax
Mad scientist

Generally if you are getting rooms at the main two hotels then its a toss up. They said they were sold out up to the month before dragon con. While the Hilton which is on the the side of the mariott still had rooms. We are going to book our rooms in the next month or so. The sooner you get them the better off you are. If your timing is right you can get them cheapish. Staying in a down town hotel isnt cheap to start with.

I hope to see you there. Ill be in my gungrave costume again this up coming year because the costume just kicks that much ass...

If you check on hotels.com they will tell you they are sold out, go to the web sites of the respective hotels and you dont have an issue getting a room...good luck.

Im not sure if that helps at all, but thats my input...
Unread 01-04-2006, 11:32 PM   #3
kitsunered

On average the main hotels usually start selling out around late April to mid-May. Then about halfway through June a bunch of people cancel their reservations, so a few rooms open up. Everything is generally booked solid by July, however. Sometimes if you get really, really lucky, you can get a room a day or two before the convention starts, since there are people who cancel at the last minute. That's how we got a room in the Hyatt last year.

I generally prefer to make reservations in March, since there are normally plenty of rooms left. Last year I left reservations to the boyfriend, which is why we got a room at the last minute. I'm not going through the stress of that again and am going to book the room myself this year.

Costumes for 2007: Ran (Texhnolyze), She-Ra (She-Ra: Princess of Power), Marie's Black Masquerade Gown (Sofia Coppola's Marie Antionette), EGA Plum Walking Suit (Original Design)

Cons for 2007: Katsucon (tentative), Animazement (tentative), MomoCon, Dragon*Con, Anime Weekend Atlanta
kitsunered is offline   Reply With Quote