Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Unread 01-03-2006, 05:03 PM   #1
kitti-chan
i wish i could fly.....

sakuracon06 costume progress

I will be starting my sakura costume thsi next weekend, and by starting i mean going and gathering my supplies at the fabric store in olympia.....I have my two costumes fromlast year... just slowly building on m,y collection.

So i thought hmm.. I wonder where everyone else is in their costume making for this years con. so?

Where are you at in your costume? What are you having difficulties with?
kitti-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-03-2006, 05:33 PM   #2
Kumi-chan
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Stalled in the early stages right now. My move is interfering with my sewing, but at least once I'm moved into my new place, all my supplies will be nicely organized and I'll have an actual work space. One of the reasons I'm seriously considering a particular apartment is because the kitchen/breakfast counter is so large, I could actually lay out and cut fabric on it.

I've aquired the underkimono pattern and nearly all of the fabric for my Princess Tomoyo costume...still need the lavender for one of the layers and to make a pattern for the outer kimono.

My Shampoo costume is about 70% done, so I'm thinking I might add that to my list of cosplays for Sakura Con. The wig and tunic are almost completed, and the leggings are done, but I still need to make the breastplate and bonburi weapons.

Biggest problem? Making the pattern for my Princess Tomoyo outer kimono. I'm starting to figure it out, but I'm still having issues figuring out the pattern shapes.

tomoyo_tsubasa01.JPG

AE/Kumori Con
Ashitaka (Princess Mononoke); Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)

Autumn '08/Aki Con
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2); Shura!Sakura, Jade!Syaoran (Tsubasa: RC); Kokon (Kon Kon Kokon)
Kumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #3
Kioko

Even though I promised myself that I would have 50% of all my costumes done for Scon by the end of winter break that never ended up happening.>< So far I only have about 30% of each one done... Its going to be a very costume driven months to the con.XD

I am not really having too much difficulties just motivation .XD Hohoho *Procrastination Queen*
Unread 01-11-2006, 04:49 AM   #4
Sasutard
Roxas, Riku, Axel, Demyx~

I'm planning on crossplaying Sasuke at SakuraCon, and so far I havn't really started -smacks self- Though I am starting this week, hehe. A lot of my stuff wil probably be bought... Sad, I know, but I have yet to sucessfully make clothing--ever. Or even tried, so maybe its for the best. ^_^;
>> Tifa Lockheart//ACVII
>> Undecided

Roxas > Sora
Sasutard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2006, 02:20 AM   #5
Blackjack Gabbi
Merely a Collector

I'm just wearing old costumes this time--Quina (FFIX) from last year and Oikawa (Digimon) from KumoriCon.
Blackjack Gabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2006, 02:45 AM   #6
kitti-chan
i wish i could fly.....

I now have the overdress for sakura done... took me only three days I am very proud of myself, if I keep up at this rate I will have my costumes done in no time... yes costumes, since I decided even though my lumiere was only made last year, I want to remake her so I am doing so......
Unread 01-14-2006, 08:43 PM   #7
TheCactuarAteMe
ShamelesMountainDewAddict

I have the ideas, and my list of materials. I haven't really started yet. I can order a wig for Kairi by the end of the month though.
Yoko - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan
Anime Expo 2011
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji (maybe)
Ciel (Pink dress ver.) - Kuroshitsuji
TheCactuarAteMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2006, 10:38 PM   #8
Hitokiri Kenshin

I haven't started mine yet. Though if I decide with Barret, I'm wondering should I grow a goatee or just draw on the beard since there's no way I'm going to grow out a full one.
Hitokiri Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2006, 11:27 PM   #9
kitti-chan
i wish i could fly.....

My wig is dyed now and all I have left for sakura is the petticoat gloves hat and the big bows
I have added a costume to my costume making list though becasu eI am going to be making a Li Syaoran costume for my boyfriend so that he and I can go to the masquerade ball as a "real" anime couple.....
Unread 01-17-2006, 12:52 PM   #10
mygirlfriday

I'm about half done with Paine. >.> Well, technically half done. The second half (wig, props, fitting) will take me 13425425436 years.
Hitomi (Vision of Escaflowne)
mygirlfriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2006, 07:41 PM   #11
kitti-chan
i wish i could fly.....

YAY Lumier wig is now almost finishe I have like one more chunk of hair to put into the curl and then cut the bottom back fibers short. I also finished the sculpting part of my sakura clow wand/staff
Unread 02-02-2006, 04:16 PM   #12
Figle
Hentai Cupcake

I am making a Lord Ilpalazzo cosplay, I started it about 5 months ago and am about 70% done now, so many things that go with it!

Just got the armor and the top part of his suit to do now.
Head and body armor is being made with wonderflex and his top clothes are a bit confusing on how to do them thou ><.
Unread 02-02-2006, 04:49 PM   #13
-RuKi-

gskgnizefnkjkefnmrmzsdklzdl
1st of all!!!!!!!!!!!
i am an indesicive FOOL
but i decide finally..lolx and i dont trust my sewing skills for one of the costumes...Rodeo Miyabi. BAH *kries* EVEN MAN KRY ONCE IN A WHILE YA KNO~!!!!!!
*runs away*
Unread 02-05-2006, 08:38 PM   #14
Kateko
Queen of Froofy

Ah, so I'm not the only one cosplaying a Sakura to Sakura-con. ^^ My Sakura from Naruto dress is mostly done - just some little things to patch up. I want to remake my shoes, though, and I need to buy some capris and a wig.
My Kagura from Fruits Basket costume...well, it turned out really badly, and if I have time I'd like to remake it. But as it is, I just need to add the sleeves and then buy all the leg/footwear.
And my Mayu costume (from Fatal Frame 2) is going pretty well. I've got the shirt done and I'm adding the details to the dress. I bought the wrong kind of bias tape, though x_x; I'll have to deal with that. Also need socks and shoes. Sigh...

And I need wigs for all three of them, which I am planning on getting from Cosworx. Eee >_< I need money...
Reita - Zetsu - the GazettE 0% (Planning!)
Kateko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2006, 02:00 AM   #15
Heat
I want a new world...

So I think I finally decided, to go with an original character based on the Jet Set Radio Game...I've got pretty much everything I need, I just need to piece it togther to see how it looks I'll post pics if I ever get a digital camera
Heat is offline   Reply With Quote