Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 02-11-2003, 11:48 AM   #1
cube

crossplaying boy/girlfriend

I was in the living room all "dressed up" and ready to go to my local con when my mom shook her head in dissapproval.
mom - "If you keep on doing this you'll never get a grilfriend"

me - *smart ass response* "Maybe I'll find a girl at the con that likes to crossdress too!"

mom - *brief pause* "When go outside and drive off please hurry, I don't want the neighbors to see."

So anyways what do you people think about a girl/ boyfriend that crossplays? Would that bother you? IMO if I did have a girlfriend, that wouldn't be an issue as long as the crossplaying is just a hobby and she's not trying to get in touch with her masculine side *yikes!*

Unread 02-11-2003, 11:55 AM   #2
soshi
onna kaizoku

it wouldn't bother me at all.
soshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 12:03 PM   #3
JoeBoeing
Man Kitty

Greetings,

If you look down through history females have always (for the most part) worn long dresses til about beggining of the 20th century. It was always the guys who wear pants and shorts.

So, looking at it that way any girl that wears pants or shorts is cross-dressing. Yet, men in Scotland (sp?) wear kilts which are skirts.

Why are guys in the U.S. looked down apon if they wear skirts? I would think it would be better on a hot day then a pair of restricting jeans.

As to cos-play... there really are no rules as you can cos-play as who you want and a ton of girls wear what were traditionally guys clothes anyways, and a lot of anime men are kinda girly so I think it fits.

FRom,
Joe
JoeBoeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 12:15 PM   #4
Merle-kun
What TIME is it!?!?

I'm having the same problem really. My friends are constantly telling me the reason I'm single still is because I'm always dressing as a girl for conventions. It is pretty much true, I know that. My mom is completely behind me though, she helped me learn how to sew =3

I have met some girls who like that about me, but usually something stops us from hooking up.. either distance or age.

One of my friends recently started a net version of "The Bachelor" for me, trying to end my long bout of single-ness. If anyone reads Nekobox (http://www.nekobox.org) you know what I'm talking about. So far there have been at least 10 applications, the last time I checked. If any girls (18+) want to apply, here's the link! =3

http://www.nekobox.org/bachelor.html

But I do wonder about finding a non-anime loving girl friend, then having to tell her about my costumes. In general, I think the average girl would freak out and/or break up with me ^^; I'd rather present myself as I am, up front.. to those who will best understand me, the anime community. So I'm really hoping for an anime loving girl friend!

Follow me on Facebook or at KimberlyBalduf.com!
Merle-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 02:44 PM   #5
TsukiGuujin

PFFFT. It woudln't bother me! I've been trying for as long as we've been together to get my fiance into a dress! XD

I crossdress all the time, and it doesn't bother HIM any, so yeah. He doesn't care if he's seen kissing me as a girl or me as a boy. XD

I make a pretty boy, at least. I'm not that pretty as a girl, but that's ok. I'll be a boy tomorrow. XD

~~Tsuki Guujin~~
TsukiGuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 02:54 PM   #6
Sakura
Original Sakura

It wouldn't bother me in the least... >>; heck, I like my men a lil bit feminine.
Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 03:20 PM   #7
Menchi
Tee hee <3

wouldnt bother me at all either...heh if i had a gf i woudlnt care if she went as a male char at all.
Menchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 03:32 PM   #8
TsukiGuujin

Yeah, Menchi....but would you KISS her if she did? I know some people who would be weirded out by it. ^^;

~~Tsuki~~
Unread 02-11-2003, 03:35 PM   #9
Sciguy
Agent R

I wouldn't care either. It would be a fun experiment to try a little role reversal with crossplay. Instead of the girlfriend all cutified and sitting on his lap, the guy would be all cutified and on her lap. That would be an interesting sight, lol.

If I had a girlfriend, I'd love to crossplay together, it'd be fun.
Sciguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 03:45 PM   #10
TsukiGuujin

DUDE that would be HILARIOUS, Sciguy! I love that idea so much. Too bad it'll never work with me and Silver. *laugh*

~~Tsuki~~
Unread 02-11-2003, 04:03 PM   #11
Cocoa
Wielder of the spork.

Me and the closest thing I have to a girlfriend (Whole unrequited love thing there) are going to both be crossplaying, as Subaru (her), and Seishirou (me), who are a sort-of-almost couple. Yay, fun ^^
-Cocoa
Cocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 05:26 PM   #12
Menchi
Tee hee <3

oh woudln have a prob with kissing her or any affection that is appropriate witn not crosplaying. i think it woudl be jus fine ^^ no next step for me...get a gf
Menchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 05:47 PM   #13
Merle-kun
What TIME is it!?!?

What I really want to do is crossplay with a girl, hopefully someone who's mutually interested in me, and kiss in the middle of the con. Whether it B/G or G/G or B/B.. I think the reaction would be hilarious =3 But first.. I need a cute girl! Any takers? =3

Follow me on Facebook or at KimberlyBalduf.com!
Merle-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 05:52 PM   #14
Nine
The busty one!

I would want to get a cosplaying boyfriend, make him cosplay auron then I'd have an auron to walk around with in my Lulu costume.. I know Lulu's w/ Wakka but I hate wakka and I want Lulu to be with Auron..

Haha.. my friend is going as Yuna, and she's female. I'm male lulu.. maybe we can come up with something interesting hehe

having a cosplaying boyfriend would be funny at conventions.. B/B would attract a lot of yaoi lovers XD
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 05:58 PM   #15
Cocoa
Wielder of the spork.

Yes...as my Subaru has said, dress as a yaoi-guy and you get the fangirls. Of course, we're a pair of girls dressed as one of the most popular CLAMP yaoi pairings. I think some of the requests for photo poses we're going to get are going to be amusing, given from what I've heard of other S/S duos....To be an S/S pair, you need to be dating the other or REALLY good friends, I think ^^
-Cocoa
Cocoa is offline   Reply With Quote