Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Unread 01-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #1
w00tastic
10% more Bleach

Alberta Cosplayers

You hear so much about people from Ontario and this idea for a thread crossed my mind.

Anyone here from the good ole province of Alberta that cosplays? If so what cons do you usually attend?

I know I'm from Alberta but the middle of nowhere none the less! (I live about 3 hours away from Edmonton) and I usually try to attend both Animethon and Otafest every year.

I guess I started this thread cause you dont hear much in the Canada Cosplay about Alberta cosplayers.
w00tastic is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2006, 04:56 PM   #2
KazeChan
*+*Krazey Kayzey*+*

Well, I go down to edmonton to visit my friends and we go to the Animethon which is of course in edmonton as you know ^^ ((I'm from Alberta, but now live in Ontario))

www.anime-alberta.org this site tells about some cons and get togethers like the bellrose festival, and small conventions that people do for things such as for Katrina, and they send the money down.

But ya, the main one i go to with my friends is the animethon ^^ I wish you luck for your conventions!

((for the animethon, my friends and I will be-
friday- kouji and kouichi *perhaps a takuya with us* (digimon frontier)
saturday- Marth and Roy (fire emblem/ssbm)
sunday- Sai, Sasuke, and Itachi (naruto) ))

Planned Cons and Cosplays:

Conventions:

2013:
MTAC: Kazemon or Izumi Orimoto (Digimon Frontier)
Anime North: Nova Terra (Starcraft)
FanExpo: The Riddler

In The Making:
-Ikuto & Len [Both 5%]

My Cosplay Blog!

KazeChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2006, 06:22 PM   #3
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

I live in Alberta, and I want to try and get to both Otafest and Animethon this year, but I live a good two hours away from Edmonton, and an hour and a half away from Calgary, so I'd have to really plead with my mom to be able to go to both. It's alot of driving, and it tends to be alot of money. . .heh heh.
Kuro Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2006, 09:43 PM   #4
KazeChan
*+*Krazey Kayzey*+*

ouu that would be awesome! ^^ Good luck with that! =D I know how it is about the money situation ^^; me and my friends are getting a hotel most likely this year for the animethon...so...instead of carrying a duffle bag around all day with other costumes and such.
Hope you do come to the Animethon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukino Kuneka
I live in Alberta, and I want to try and get to both Otafest and Animethon this year, but I live a good two hours away from Edmonton, and an hour and a half away from Calgary, so I'd have to really plead with my mom to be able to go to both. It's alot of driving, and it tends to be alot of money. . .heh heh.

Conventions:

2013:

In The Making:
-Ikuto & Len [Both 5%]

My Cosplay Blog!

Unread 01-08-2006, 08:50 AM   #5
w00tastic
10% more Bleach

Lucky! I live 6 hours away from Calgary and 3 away from Edmonton x.x

I'm also already on anime-alberta.org xD I was just wondering if anyone had a cosplay.com account over here (Since its not that active over there).

To both cons I'm going as Ada Wong for one day and Rukia's winter school uniform from Bleach for the other day, Who knows I might run into either of you.
Unread 01-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #6
KazeChan
*+*Krazey Kayzey*+*

wow XD that's pretty far o.o...
well, I guess I might be able to catch you there at the Animethon!
That would be great ^^ I've already met a few people from Forums at conventions.
I'll take into reminder to look out for you ^_^ ((I'll most likely be in a group of three all the time))

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tastic
Lucky! I live 6 hours away from Calgary and 3 away from Edmonton x.x

I'm also already on anime-alberta.org xD I was just wondering if anyone had a cosplay.com account over here (Since its not that active over there).

To both cons I'm going as Ada Wong for one day and Rukia's winter school uniform from Bleach for the other day, Who knows I might run into either of you.

Conventions:

2013:

In The Making:
-Ikuto & Len [Both 5%]

My Cosplay Blog!

Unread 01-08-2006, 04:29 PM   #7
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

Well, I'll definitely be going as Blindfolded Riku from KH to Otafest (at least) for Saturday, and I'm currently thinking about doing a 'surprise cosplay' for Sunday. . .Although it'll probably be so obscure that there won't be anyone who'll recognize me. XD Unless they're a really, really obsessive FMA fan, that is.
Unread 01-08-2006, 06:45 PM   #8
w00tastic
10% more Bleach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukino Kuneka
Well, I'll definitely be going as Blindfolded Riku from KH to Otafest (at least) for Saturday, and I'm currently thinking about doing a 'surprise cosplay' for Sunday. . .Although it'll probably be so obscure that there won't be anyone who'll recognize me. XD Unless they're a really, really obsessive FMA fan, that is.
*Raises hand* Oh yeah, obessive FMA fan right here!! xD

Well, anyone who was at Animethon 12, if you saw the 2 girls walking around in Full metal Alchemist t-shirts (Flame and Full metal ones with transmutation circles and serpents cross on the back) The Flame Alchemist one was me. xD I was a dork last year.

Nobody will recognize me Sunday unless they are an RE fan, then...Ill give them a cookie ^____^ I thought there were way more Albertan's besides us here.
Unread 01-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #9
Sammeh

[post deleted]

Last edited by Sammeh : 01-08-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Sammeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2006, 09:22 PM   #10
KazeChan
*+*Krazey Kayzey*+*

Omg yes <3 Huge FMA fan right here too! I love it <33 Seen all eppies and such <3 I still need to see the movie, anyway, ouu...suprise character? <3 *excited* XD

Conventions:

2013:

In The Making:
-Ikuto & Len [Both 5%]

My Cosplay Blog!

Unread 01-10-2006, 05:21 PM   #11
Louie Burace

Arrow yeah I am from albrta as well.

I was wondering the same thing about alberta, are there any cosplay groups out here, I live about 1 hour from edmonton and, it would be nice to hook up with some cosplayers out here to put together a group or something for events, anyway if y'all are interested let me know/ I am not to sure which events I am going to but, when I know so will you lol.
Louie Burace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #12
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

Well, considering that Alberta in itself has a rather low population, the best cosplay group is the one you can get together yourself.

Sadly enough, I'm spoken for for Otafest, and if I go, Animethon.
Unread 01-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #13
Louie Burace

wow

ok can anyone give me a list of all these events and where and when they take place cuz this site is rather vague on canadian festivals, I would appreciate it. or maybe a link to where I can find all of these listed.

sorry for the trouble, but yeah I am new to alberta
Louie Burace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2006, 07:09 PM   #14
Lady_Sodina
Lady Sodina

Actually, this is all really interesting to read about for me (who is currently in Ontario) cause I just might be attending University of Alberta next year. Though I probably won't be able to do any of the cons, that site you mentioned Kazechan will be really helpful so I can keep up with cosplaying while I'm there and do some events and stuff maybe *^^* So I suppose my main point here is thank you w00tastic for starting this thread ^^v
Lady_Sodina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2006, 09:27 PM   #15
KazeChan
*+*Krazey Kayzey*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Sodina
Actually, this is all really interesting to read about for me (who is currently in Ontario) cause I just might be attending University of Alberta next year. Though I probably won't be able to do any of the cons, that site you mentioned Kazechan will be really helpful so I can keep up with cosplaying while I'm there and do some events and stuff maybe *^^* So I suppose my main point here is thank you w00tastic for starting this thread ^^v
OMG! No way!! <3 you might be attending the UOA? <3 omg I might be doing the same once school is finished for me (which is like 2 years from now) XD but you're welcome (for the anime alberta site) it is quite helpful yes. But if you are able to go to the animethon then i might just see you there ^_^

Conventions:

2013:

In The Making:
-Ikuto & Len [Both 5%]

My Cosplay Blog!

Last edited by KazeChan : 01-11-2006 at 09:30 PM.