Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-11-2003, 01:07 PM   #1
Merle-kun
What TIME is it!?!?

Talking Funny Crossplay Stories!

I have a lot of funny crossplay stories to share.. the latest ones are from Ushicon 2003 in Austin, Texas and I'm going to just paste them from my Live Journal to save typing time.

[LJ Snippet Start]
On the way home I usually change, but this time I wore what I had on at the con, except I changed the wig to the Kasumi/Yuffie one so I didn't draw a ton of attention for having pink hair. For the longest time nothing odd happened, but then again I slept for an hour or so. But after I awoke, Holly, Erin (NatakuAya), and myself were talking about something or other, then we noticed these drab olive green vehicles up ahead. There were three of them, full of army men... we passed the first one with no problems, yet I was still dreading the trucks, and justly so. The second one had guys waving a flirting with what they thought was a car full of cute girls ^^;; I saw them waving first I think, and I stated "I'm not looking at those soldiers..." and everyone bust out laughing, so I assume the service men thought of that as a car full of giggling girls since they waved at them ^^;;; Me and my strange life.

But guess what, that's not all. As if it ever is with me. After we dropped off Erin at her house, and were on our way back to Holly's, where I was staying, we passed this truck full of guys yet again. Not service men this time, your average Joes. They were Spanish, but that doesn't matter really, but I add it for an accurate mental picture. Holly turned to me as she was driving, I was in the back still, so it caught my attention because of that and I looked at her. What she said so calmly kept me from jerking my head back around the other way, and thank goodness. She said something to the effect of, "Have you ever been driving along, and the people in the next car roll down their windows..." I wasn't really sure what she meant, I guessed to ask a question or something, but apparently, those guys had rolled down their windows and were doing something and looking at me. After she told me what they were doing, she said "It looks like you have some fans.." ^^;; Am I really like that while dressed up? I always see plain ol' guy me in 'drag' as it were, and nothing really that pretty.

[Skipped stuff]

Yet more crossplay madness! I was almost kissed! ^^; I was heading for the elevator with some friends, and this hand grabbed firmly onto me left arm, just above the elbow and pulled me back. Took me totally off balance and by surprise. Next thing I know I'm being hugged by a guy I know somewhat and he was joking around with me about going to kiss me and how attractive I was ^^; I really thought he was going to kiss my cheek there for a bit.. I was like "Aaah!" ^^;
[LJ Snippet End]

I swear I wrote these next stories in my Live Journal, but I cant find it there or anywhere else. But at Sugoicon 2002 I was dressed as Melfina from Outlaw Star for Saturday. After cosplay and karaoke had ended and people were slowly leaving the area, I was standing around and chatting with my room mate. Next thing I know there are about 5 guys walking up to us. Now, people walking up to me isn't an unusual thing because you get used to it wearing costumes because of people wanting to talk or take pics. But something made me wonder what they wanted, which I soon found out. One of them was the spokesperson and opened his mouth to invite me to a party in their room. I had no idea what to say, especially after being called hot. ^^; The guy said they had thought I was a real woman all day long until one of their friends pointed out the mistake a little bit ago. Thankfully my room mate got me out of it by saying I promised to go to another party, because I was just standing there with my mouth open in shock. I'm not sure why I'd be invited to a party after being found out, but apparently they were a little bit drunk. I can never smell it, but my roomie said she could smell it on them.

Same con, Sugoicon 2002.. last day. I was in a comfy costume, Wendy Airheart from Read or Die, and "manning" the IC Entertainment table. Someone was running around giving out those grab bags you see in dollar stores that have stuff in them for boys or girls. When they passed me I was handed a bag, I hadn't seen any of this happening so I was completely confused about being handed a brown paper bag. So the girl explained what it was, and I finally said thank you as I took it. I think I startled her when I spoke, because I got a funny look before she went off to hand out the rest of the bags. ^^; I had no idea why I got the look, at least the exact reason, until I opened up the bag. They weren't labeled girl or boy, so I only found out when I seen the contents, which was a couple bottles of nail polish and a few other things. Mostly a sheet of tattoos and a weird squeaky toy.

I hope my stories amuse you! Fun things happen while crossplaying ^^

Follow me on Facebook or at KimberlyBalduf.com!
Merle-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2003, 01:13 PM   #2
soshi
onna kaizoku

*lol*! it shows you crossplay very well when people mistake you for the opposite gender, lol!

I've only been mistaken for a guy in my Soshi costume, and nothing too amusing happened. just dissapointed some fangirls. ^^;
soshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 01:25 PM   #3
Merle-kun
What TIME is it!?!?

I'm fooling more and more people lately, I love that =3 It makes me feel good about my costumes and abilities. The look of shock when I speak is pretty hilarious sometimes. It's kind of like those shows on TV that purposely try to shock people and get their reactions on camera. I've had people scream at me before, which reminds me of another story.

Last year I was dressed as Yuffie from FF7 for a group at AKon. I was hanging out at the bottom of the stairs on the floor with the most activity, waiting for friends to catch up with me. When they finally did I said something like "took you long enough" to joke with them and a girl let out a scream of "OH MY GOD!" and the whole room looked at her and she was pointing at me, then said "You're a not a girl!" She proceeded to talk to me a little bit after that, it would have been longer but my friends and I were on our way to eat or something. But she said all day long she thought I was a girl and that completely shocked her! ^^
Merle-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 01:54 PM   #4
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I've seen my photos appear on message boards in costumes like Squall or Kuja, and the posters have trouble figuring out what gender I am. It's very amusing, though I can't think of a time where I was mistaken actually at-con..

I like Merle-kun's Yuffie sock boobies! *squish*

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 02:10 PM   #5
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

I had girls rush up to me at cons saying they saw my photo online and that I was one of the hottest guys they have ever seen. ^__^ Upon hearing my voice and seeing their error a few have mentioned they were now considering a change of orientation. *laughs* As a joke, I am sure.

But then there is THE STORY that everyone has to sit through the funny crossplay stories come up. (Yes you've heard this one before!)

I was showing cosplay photos to my mother and when it came to an Escaflowne one, she jabbed her finger at this one person and said something along those lines: "And you said there aren't any cute boys at cons? This one is so handsome, did you get his phone number?"
Needless to say, the person in question was dressed in a Dragonslayer costume and of course I had his phone number already since it was me. X__X

Last edited by Rosiel : 02-11-2003 at 02:20 PM.
Rosiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 02:16 PM   #6
Lil Dreamer
The 3rd man

being a guy i think i can vouch for myself into stating that i wish i look as hot as Rosiel does when she crossplays. lol j/k j/k

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosiel

I was showing cosplay photos to my picture...
BTW Rosiel, isn't it hard to get any feedback when u show your photo to your picture??

Nipple.
Today, I killed my best friend. -Battle Royale
www.TheRageReborn.com
Lil Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 02:24 PM   #7
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

> BTW Rosiel, isn't it hard to get any feedback when u show your photo to your picture??

Nah, everything is easy when words go from your fingers to the bulletin board without passing through your brain. ^__^ It can even make pictures talk.

> being a guy i think i can vouch for myself into stating that i wish i look as hot as Rosiel does when she crossplays. lol j/k j/k

*laughs* You don't want to look like me when I crossplay or it'd mean that you look like a skinny pretty boy from an anime who would, in real life, be mistaken for a girl all the time.

You'd have Jase's problem and military men hooting at you. (joke!)
Unread 02-11-2003, 02:33 PM   #8
Lil Dreamer
The 3rd man

well i got the skinny part down pat. the pretty boy thing i'm working on lol, besides, doncha know that most of the world's most good looking guys actually LOOK like girls?? it really wouldn't be that bad of a tradeoff ya know?

Nipple.
Today, I killed my best friend. -Battle Royale
www.TheRageReborn.com
Lil Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 03:41 PM   #9
TsukiGuujin

XD My favorite guys, excepting my VERY male fiance, could all pass for women.

Mana, for example, who is my second favorite male in the world. He's the prettiest girl I've ever seen. I don't know any GIRLS that pretty.

I can pass as a (FEMININE) boy, actually. Long hair and all. X.x I think I posted elsewhere that there was someone on the bus who didn't know if I was male or female. I was wearing a really loose black shirt, jeans, a trenchcoat....and a french braid. XD

GOD it was funny. He couldn't figure it out.

I crossdress to school sometimes...you know, no boobs. *CHOPS EM OFF* (JOKE! JOKE!)

My friends know me. But I do wonder sometimes if everyone else knows WHAT the hell is wrong with me.

HOORAY for everyday crossdressing. XD

~~Tsuki Guujin~~
TsukiGuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 04:39 PM   #10
Menchi
Tee hee <3

hmmm funny crossplay stories... sugoi con 2002 i had first crossplayed there. so i walk down kinda nervous in a my tan dress an dress shirt an large fake breasts...i had heard rumors abou bein called "the woman that not a woman" an s=uch also had alot of ppl groping my fake boobs women...men jus alot of ppl. sat night comes and its time for the masqeruade. a mlae friend of mine asks if he can grope my fake boobs, i saw nothing wrong with it an let em. at that very moment a man walks by sees this...backs up an then walks as far away from me an my friend as possible. funny

lets see driving to ohayocon this year i decided i was to show up in costume...so i changed intoo my rinna costume at a rest stop. the guy walkin in to clean the bathroom was jus freaked out..he backed up his eys wide open. an then had a trucker on the way out say i had a nice oufit >.<;;;; i was at a loss an said thanks (what could i sy really?). an drivin there i had truckers using their horns as i passed them in my lil blue station wagon. that was jus funny an odd. then the last of the ones i had a woman in a buisness suit pull me over to her friends (in suits also) an proceed to compliment me on my dress *shrugs*
Menchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 05:03 PM   #11
Sciguy
Agent R

I've been told that I'm quite bishounen with my slender figure and long hair. We'll see how girly a man I am when I actually get around to a crossplay.

And yes, Mana is a really pretty boy.
Sciguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 08:13 PM   #12
Cyber Wolf
Bone Daddy

Here here, three cheers for Mana! =D

Menchi: That's really funny how those women complimented you on your outfit lol

Tsuki: Heh heh, can you reattach those things? XD

I've crossplayed once before, Klaha ala Beast of Blood for last year's Halloween. As my friend (who was Mana) was walking in the local parade with me, we got a lot of strange looks from people. Like, on the verge of laughing and crying looks, and "I think you're a guy and might be attracted to you looks." Then we saw this kid I use to watch in my old school with all the lower grade children and I just said hi to him as I passed by. My god, the look on his face was classic! XD He looked both startled and suprised and I bet he wondered how this strange person knew him. Trully priceless XD
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 09:51 PM   #13
Menchi
Tee hee <3

i had no idea a purple hoop skirt with fur trim on the collar an bottom of skirt with matching gloves/boots woudl be that amzing to ppl *shrugs*. was one of the cases where ya nod an agree i think...
Menchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 09:52 PM   #14
L to the 3rd
aka Scrawny Squall

umm well here's a quickie story outta
all my crossplay stories.

last weekend was Kitty's bday party
and i was wearing Angel Squall. I thought I looked really... fruity in all white, but the Waiter there was like ''Sir..can i take away that plate for you?"

o_o;;;

Both guys and girls make passes
at me when I'm squall. hmm.

Last edited by L to the 3rd : 02-11-2003 at 09:56 PM.
L to the 3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 10:10 PM   #15
Shadow Lady
SunnyD addict

One of my friends was mistaken for a guy once when she was dressed as Goku (Saiyuki).
I will say no more. -_-
Shadow Lady is offline   Reply With Quote