Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 02-11-2003, 12:48 PM   #1
Kioko

FF 7 Dilemma...

Ok here is my dilemma,
I have no clue how I would make or what materials to use for:

1.) Making Yuffie’s shield and any other accessories that she wears (like the things on her leg.)

2.) Also how I would go about making Tifa’s gloves and any thing else she wears on her arms.

3.) And lastly Aeris bracelets/wrist bands.

If anyone has any suggestions please share them with me… You would be helping me out greatly!^^ Thank you.

Unread 02-11-2003, 02:55 PM   #2
lialia
mmm....Lifesavers :P

i just started on my tifa and i know this is gonna sound ghetto but for the material on her arms i found the perfect knee high socks and they actualy look fantastic. if you dont wanna go that route then it would be pretty simle to get some slightly stretchy facbric and sew em together

as for gloves, i cant help you there cause im using my kickboxing gloves modified for color
lialia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 03:49 PM   #3
Alaria
Arrowed!!

For Tifa I used black elbow length, matte gloves for the underneath; for her boxing gloves I got weight training gloves from Big 5 (any sporting goods store will do) and leather painted them burgundy; u can also get any women's leather gloves and modify those as well. For the materia on her gloves I got those garden stones with the opalescent sheen from Michaels (any beads can work, really) ...for the silver bands around the gloves I took leather bands and painted them silver, and attached velcro strips so they are removable. The elbow guard u can make out of sintra plastic or modify a sports elbow or knee guard, and attach the blunt spikes (I made those out of wood)
*covers mouth* sorry to blab so much; hope this helps ^^

Last edited by Alaria : 02-11-2003 at 08:12 PM.
Alaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2003, 12:48 AM   #4
Mizuho
Sara the Spider!

The elbow guard u can make out of sintra plastic or modify a sports elbow or knee guard, and attach the blunt spikes (I made those out of wood)

Heeeey. Great idea! That might come in handy for other Cosplay-things!

My Aeris bracelets are made out of wood (coated with primer, and painted gold). Unfortunately, my father made them for me, and I had no part in it-- I can't very well explain how he made them! However, if you know someone who works with wood, they might be able to make you a pair....

Okay, I was bored, so I made a drawing of what my cuffs are like! Maybe it will be able to give an idea about how to make some.... See attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wristcuff.jpg (49.6 KB, 22 views)
Mizuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2003, 05:45 PM   #5
Kioko

Wow... thank you all^^ You have given me great ideas and the best part is that I have most of the materials you talked about in my house. *jumps up and down excited* Now I just have to go find them... *takes out her gun and talks in a low voice* The hunt beings... ^^;;;