Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > MikomiCon

Unread 08-31-2006, 02:58 PM   #16
Raynovac1

Since no big updates have been done to this forum, here is some updated info:

1) Robert from Consplayers will have a studio setup to take pictures of cosplayers. The room next to his studio will have changing rooms and a repair station (so you cosplayers don't have to wear your costumes while you drive). I am also going to pitch a bag check-in, so you guys don't have to haul around your street clothes while you cosplay. This is not definite but I am going to check out any liability problems, probably just need to have a waiver signed.

2) A convention schedule has been posted. This includes many panels we are doing as well as times for animes and times for our events like Masquerade. Click here for the main convention schedule so far.

3) We have a bunch of guest which include Kyle Herbert, Phillip Wilburn, Johnny Yong Bosch, Zarah Little, Spike Spencer, Michelle Ruff, Stephanie Sheh, Jack O'Halloran, Cliff Simon, and Dr. Aki Hirota. We are still working on a few more so check back to our website.

4) Our weapons policy is posted in our "Rules and Policy" found here. We are in talk with the campus police make them aware of the convention that will be going on. This is so they know that when a cosplayer is running around with a giant Inu Yasha sword, they should just ignore it.

5) Our exhibitors hall information has been posted here. This includes many of our vendors and vender descriptions. There are a couple dealers that deal in cosplay merchandise so keep your eyes open.

6) The masq rules and sign ups have been open for some time now. We have announced that our performance judges are Pikmin Link from Northern California, Ale-Chan from Mexico, and Chichiri no Aijin from Sothern California. Check out the rules, the sign ups and the bios here.

7) The Official Gatherings pages has been created. The gatherings are created by the cosplayers. The cosplayers will then notify the Masquerade Coordinator who will post it on the MikomiCon Website. This allows us to download the database and include it in our programming guide so that everyone will have a copy of the gatherings and will know where they are. You can contact the Masquerade Coordinator here.

8) We have little banners for you guys to insert into your signatures. We provide the HTML code and you can find it here. Help us spread the word of the newest convention.

9) Online Registration has also been open for a period of time. You can lock in your pre-reg rate now and only pay $30 for the full convention. If you have any questions, contact registration here.

10) Contact information has been updated including information for those of you who want to volunteer. You can get in touch with anyone of our staff on this page.

Thanks for all your help. If you have any questions, either post it here or contact out of our staff here.

Wesley Hartman
MikomiCon Staff

Last edited by Raynovac1 : 08-31-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Raynovac1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #17
Chizome
The Not-Quite-Prestige

Agh! Why did the AGMV deadline have to be yesterday?? T___T The con is so far away, I don't get it... oh well. Maybe next year, ;_;
Unread 09-03-2006, 04:08 PM   #18
Monseuir Kitty

is this thing in NorCal or SoCal?
Monseuir Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2006, 01:58 PM   #19
Raynovac1

Quote:
Agh! Why did the AGMV deadline have to be yesterday?? T___T The con is so far away, I don't get it... oh well. Maybe next year, ;_;
The contest has extended to September 9th 11:59 PM because of some problems and I was out of commission for a while. Email me at agmv@mikomicon.com for more info. The deadline is distant because I wanted to make sure that i could make sure everything was ready for the con (I'm still inschool like a lot of people so time is limited)

As far as location, MikomiCon is located in Southern California in Los Angeles County.

Check out our booth at Ani-Magic if your going to that convention.
Raynovac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2006, 12:44 AM   #20
Random Misfit
Ninja Raider

Ive allready got the days off work XD

Im just wondering, anyone interested in starting a ninja gathering? (non-naruto style)

eitherway, ill be there in my ninja garb
Random Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2006, 06:34 PM   #21
Puppettron2000

I'll prolly be there too, as soon as i figure out where i put that free registration certificate. =___=
Unread 09-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #22
Vendieh
Circus Sauce

ooooh....I like #1 on the update list...that will be nice and convenient ^^
Vendieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2006, 11:24 PM   #23
Master Zero
For KHAZ MODAN!!!!

Tell all your Cosplaying friends. Also, make sure you sign up for the Masquerade. First place winners get a cash prize ^^
Unread 09-09-2006, 04:56 AM   #24
Maguma
Blazing Through Tommorrow

I'll totally be there, but hopefully i can find some .hack people! i don't wanna be alone ;_;
Maguma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2006, 07:27 PM   #25
Sonsko-chan
Rude and Ginger

My skit-crew died. It's terrible. ;.;

Anywho, I'll be there, seeing as I won't have play rehearsals, because I wasn't cast. >>
Unread 09-09-2006, 08:15 PM   #26
Master Zero
For KHAZ MODAN!!!!

Hey, if you perform here, you may just win at the Masq. Hope to see you there ^^
Unread 09-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #27
Chizome
The Not-Quite-Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynovac1
The contest has extended to September 9th 11:59 PM because of some problems and I was out of commission for a while. Email me at agmv@mikomicon.com for more info. The deadline is distant because I wanted to make sure that i could make sure everything was ready for the con (I'm still inschool like a lot of people so time is limited).
... And naturally, my Internet pops back up the day after the other deadline. Oh well. >.< At this point, my dad's skeptical about even letting me go. ;___; 'School first' an' all that crap.
Unread 09-12-2006, 05:25 AM   #28
DJ Helsing

A few things

in regards to the above message send it in any way we will see what we can do no promises

in regards to another message above Northridge CA is in So Cal

Also check the web site

www.mikomicon.com

we are updating the anime screenings shortly with a ton of more screenings

Also i cant wait to see you at the "dance" or i mean multi cultural exhibition.

See you all there.
DJ Helsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2006, 06:48 PM   #29
Master Zero
For KHAZ MODAN!!!!

Yeah you guys, come on out and have fun!
Unread 09-21-2006, 03:44 PM   #30
DJ Helsing

check out www.mikomicon.com

we have added new guests and exhibitors
DJ Helsing is offline   Reply With Quote