Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Super Smash Bros.

Unread 06-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
plushrush

Pit Cosplay Help?

((Sorry if this is in the wrong place/has been answered, still a bit new!))

I'm planning on being Pit from Kid Icarus:Uprising/ the New Super Smash Bros; and I was looking for a bit of help in terms of breaking it down. So I have a few questions:

1) I saw a tutorial on how to spike a wig, which I can try to do. My question is though if you all think it would be good to use the 'Punky' wig to fashion it out of.
2) How should I go about doing the boots? I was thinking of editing cheap fake Uggs to fit them, but I'm not sure the best way to do it.
3) I want it to be accurate, which means i'll probably resort to binding... I haven't done that before, but I'll also look at the crossplay section.
And
4) What's the best way to go about doing his wings?

For the rest of the costume there's one of those greek goddess costumes that I think can be turned into his tunic... I'm still rather new to cosplay, and am a bit lost lol. Any advice would be appreciated, and thank you in advance for any help
plushrush is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-26-2014, 11:18 AM   #2
plushrush

Bumping, still need a little help lol
plushrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2014, 02:15 AM   #3
hoshikun

Hello! It's been a couple months so I'm not sure if you still need help but I thought I'd share my experience since I've cosplayed Pit before Although for now, the most I can help with is probably the boots since I did that almost completely from scratch. Not sure how other people did it but this is what I did.

I basically took a pair of sandals that looked similar to how Pit's does (without the part building up). I used some brown leathery material from the fabric store and basically built the boot part on top of the sandals, then sewed some fluffy material to the top. I stuck some light brown fabric to the end of the sandal so it looks like how Pit has it. For the design I found some ribbon that looks similar and used double sided tape to stick it on (it's not the best way since it comes undone easily but I haven't thought of another way yet). I have a photo of just the boots posted in my gallery if you would like to take a look!

I can't really help much with the wings or wig however, since I didn't really work too much on those myself. As for binding, I didn't think it was too necessary for me but it depends on the person I suppose. It would help, but it really does hurt after a while...

Last edited by hoshikun : 09-11-2014 at 02:17 AM.
hoshikun is offline   Reply With Quote