Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Super Smash Bros.

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 89 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 11-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #4276
patrickbooya
Registered User
 
patrickbooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 162
@snowkirby

There was a Lucas cosplayer but well...he ran off or something. There was another 2 Ness's there one with a teddy bear backpack
patrickbooya is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 11-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #4277
Shiroi Ookami
Professional Ninja
 
Shiroi Ookami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 633
Oh wow, awesome thread action going on here. Where to start....?

(going in reverse order here since previous threads are listed that way when replying)

@ Kirby - haha Brawl taunts FTW!

@ Audhulma - Ok, thanks for the clarifcation there. I'm using the Jack Sparrow coat pattern for mine so I think it should work if I read the picture correctly. (not the one seen in the movies, but one that is more Ike-like lol!)

Yeah, I'm thinking the tunic may actually be a lost cause at this point. The shoulders are nearly at my elbow and the sleeves are just freaking huge. The first one I bought using the normal measurements I have and it wouldn't go past my shoulders. So I returned it and went up what was supposed to be two sizes (I figured it would be a little big, but would at least fit over my shoulders...) and it turned out to be just really huge. I'm going to try and talk to the seller and see if I can't get at least a partial refund and go make my own. That way I can choose the freakin color and size that I get. No more olive-color Link, blah!

@ Patrick - Your Ness is nothing short of awesome! I was actually going to ask if you had a bat and yo-yo after your first post, but you answered my question in your next one. It's awesome to see a well-done Earthbound cosplay like yours on here!
__________________
2010 Conventions
Mizzumi-Con ll A-Kon ll San-Japan ll

Currnet Cosplays:

Pridelands Sora - Commissioned from Cosfurs

Upcoming Cosplays:
Anbu Black Ops - Naruto
Human Paladin - World of Warcraft
Snow Villiers - Final Fantasy XIII
Shiroi Ookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 08:18 PM   #4278
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!
 
snowkirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,982
@patrick: daww he was scared, that was why XD;. I keed. Aw that backpack sounds so cute XD!

@shiroi: heck yes =O!

Good luck with the tunic !! Eesh the one you ordered sounds like it can fit an army of gnomes or something ;;;. In that case I think it's a good idea to make your own instead ^_^;;.
__________________
New York Comic-Con 2011
Friday - Rarity Gijinka (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
Saturday - Torakaka (BlazBlue: Continuum Shift)
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #4279
mirrorsaber
in unknown territory
 
mirrorsaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumiyo View Post
It's not just you babe. In fact, you're actually one of the most responsible about being off-topic...if that makes any sense?


Well, that's not necessarily true. There are a few threads around here with recommended eBay sellers. As a general rule, you just have to worry about sellers from Hong Kong that mass-produce popular costumes and don't mention measurements on the site.
Thats what I meant. Crap, I need to edit faster what I say. <_<
__________________
3780 8678 5639- Brawl code

next costume- Just repairing/making new stuff I never tried as of now.
mirrorsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 08:30 PM   #4280
TheRareHunterH
Who watches the Rare?
 
TheRareHunterH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 392
@patrickbooya: Damn son, you are SEXY. That's just a side-note I had to mention. Thanks for posting in this thread, because that was worth looking foward to.
Like, you've got a really cute face just like I'd think Ness would have, but... how do I explain it... you have a really strong build at the same time. That's totally awesome, I approve! b < lower case b is thumbs up.
Okay so I can't decide whether your cosplay or that World Summit Snake cosplay is sexier. D=
Ffff.
No one make fun of me I'll stop telling the men how hot they are. D=
Also, lol at Lucas cosplayer running away. Go figure.

@Audhulma: You're right, I still have no idea what the hell you're talking about. But that's okay, because I just realized that I forgot how Ike's coattails look. Then I looked them up and realized Ike has problem areas in both the front and the back at the bottom of his tunic.
But I think you were talking about making a seam that would be obvious, and that's okay because it looks like his cape would hide it at the back.
And even if I'm understanding that properly I still don't understand why cutting the shape wouldn't work, because I can't visualize it. Maybe it would be too much junk, since you mentioned the yellow trim?
But yeah you're still like amazing with sewing so I know you can do it. In fact, I may be asking you some questions soon. <3
I WILL COME BACK. I'd miss Old Snookie Pookie if I left my PS3 cold for too long ~.

@snowkirby: Awww, I wish we really could say for certain whether or not my plushies are cute. But alas, I haven't even finished my first one. T_T And like I said, they can be hugged if done responsibly. Hell, I even have a large Palkia plush that's wings are all bent up because it stayed on my bed (I also have an extra one that I've kept in mint condition), and that's a retail-quality plush. And I have this extremely awkward feeling that Snake's going to be 100% huggable. Go figure. I'm about to pointlessly add some stiffened felt to him out of spite.

@Shiroi Ookami: Listen to EVERYTHING_AUDHULMA_SAYS about sewing. I'm dead serious. She is a genius.

@katsumiyo: I know, but I still am a little ashamed. I was afraid that I had offended thezeronumber and he's going to be a hot and sexy Gray Fox and I hate to have hot men be mad at me. D= It destroys my soul. So I didn't rant on S-E for no reason. But... thanks for calling me responsible, it makes me feel a little better. T_T

Lastly, if anyone has any reason to question eBay, just know that you can trust in the store cosplaywig. I'm ordering from them for my Snake, just as I ordered from them for my Pit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audhulma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRareHunterH
I just realized what Snake would drive in Super Smash Brothers Brawl Kart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audhulma
METAL GEAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRareHunterH
No. A box car.
fail ... LOL WAIT NO THAT'S AWSUM

Last edited by TheRareHunterH : 11-05-2008 at 08:33 PM.
TheRareHunterH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 08:35 PM   #4281
Varnani
MY CABBAGES
 
Varnani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRareHunterH View Post
@Audhulma:
But I think you were talking about making a seam that would be obvious, and that's okay because it looks like his cape would hide it at the back.
And even if I'm understanding that properly I still don't understand why cutting the shape wouldn't work, because I can't visualize it. Maybe it would be too much junk, since you mentioned the yellow trim?
The waist seam would be hidden by the belt, or I could only have the seam on the back...I was actually thinking that the waist seam would be, well, all around the waist, but yeah, I could just have it at the back.
Cutting the tails is what I'm going to do. I think we got confused somewhere. :/ The pleat I was talking about is what I thought you thought I should do.
__________________
Quote:
TheRareHunterR: SNAKE GET OUT OF THE HOUSE
TheRareHunterR: NO MOM I LOVE THIS PLACE
Varnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #4282
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!
 
snowkirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,982
@Rare: STOP HITTING ON MALE COSPLAYERS, GOSH! Lmao XDD!

And I thought I was bad with me spotting out who's cute in video games ^_^;; :P. Keke!

I think you should just make Snake huggable...he's asking for it, especially from you, damn! The ladies can't resist teh Snake.

Um...as in Snake. Not...that other snake.......this is awkward ;;;. Let's drop it! Okay!


Lol I get my wigs off of eBay ;;; I haven't had a problem yet with those either lol. I never buy whole costumes tho, or even parts of costumes, so I'm not familiar with commissioning on that end.
__________________
New York Comic-Con 2011
Friday - Rarity Gijinka (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
Saturday - Torakaka (BlazBlue: Continuum Shift)
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 03:41 AM   #4283
thezeronumber
A non-edited photo! Lol!
 
thezeronumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 369
Guess i will not be posting here for a long time! Adios.
__________________
~ Infinite jumping? ~
~ Lucario flying through the air like Super-Man? ~
~ Super Scopes that shoot giant Smart Bombs? ~
~ Spicy Currys that spray Poke Balls? ~
~ Invisible items? ~

All in a days work for me!


And only for me. There is no fun to be had from cheating others unless they are in on the joke!

Last edited by thezeronumber : 11-06-2008 at 03:51 AM.
thezeronumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #4284
Shiroi Ookami
Professional Ninja
 
Shiroi Ookami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 633
@ Rare - So maybe you should tell us how you really feel about the guys in this thread! XD

@ Kirby - Yeah, Rare has actually passed you in terms of talking about hot video game guys (and hot guys in general). You haven't mentioned any of your boys from Fire Emblem in a while.

@ Zero - See ya around buddy. Come by the Brawl thread if you get a chance.


*Well I've contacted the seller and attempted to get the money back for my tunic, which I will invest in some fabric for my own tunic.

Since I know most of you guys on here are pretty good about judging fabric measurements:

How much would I need for his tunic and hat and how much would I need for the gloves? What would be a good fabric to use for the gloves? Leather is out, but are there any specific types of faux leather that are better than others?

I'm using the guide on this site to make the tunic, hat, and gloves:
http://www.trsrockin.com/link.html#pouch

I just found a 40% hobby lobby coupon and I have to go use it lol!!
__________________
2010 Conventions
Mizzumi-Con ll A-Kon ll San-Japan ll

Currnet Cosplays:

Pridelands Sora - Commissioned from Cosfurs

Upcoming Cosplays:
Anbu Black Ops - Naruto
Human Paladin - World of Warcraft
Snow Villiers - Final Fantasy XIII
Shiroi Ookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #4285
TheRareHunterH
Who watches the Rare?
 
TheRareHunterH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 392
D= I'm sorry I can't help it but the menz...
@Shiroi Ookami: How I really feel about the male cosplayers? Well, it's like I told Audhulma privately... I feel like, if a guy is really hot and awesome in cosplay, I can tell him as such in a manner to let him know that he deserves pride in his cosplay. I don't do it to "pick up" guys because, well, I think I'm a bitch. And it's just plain rude to throw around what should be genuine compliments and expect something in return. I'd never do that. I respect others and cosplay too much to do something so foolish.
So don't be afraid when I tell you all that you're hot. Please.

But...
Shit I scared thezeronumber away. T_T

@snowkirby: Gawd you reminded me of the one issue with crossplaying, especially a guy as hot as Snake: fangirls. I'm straight so I have reason to be fearful, but thankfully the con-goers at Animazement have been nothing if not entirely graceful and appropriate when it comes to fangirling.

In personal Snake cosplay news, I've got another smashing idea. I hope I can do it. I mean, I think I can learn to do almost anything when it comes to cosplay, but this idea may be something out of my reach, technically speaking, because many people take years to develop this skill...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audhulma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRareHunterH
I just realized what Snake would drive in Super Smash Brothers Brawl Kart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audhulma
METAL GEAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRareHunterH
No. A box car.
fail ... LOL WAIT NO THAT'S AWSUM

Last edited by TheRareHunterH : 11-06-2008 at 01:46 PM.
TheRareHunterH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 09:33 AM   #4286
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!
 
snowkirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,982
@zero: aww see you around ! Drop by again if you need any help and yes please visit the Brawl game thread lol!

@shiroi: I know =OO I was shocked! As of our Fire Emblem guys we love so much~, I was actually talking about this to wulf via DeviantArt, b/c I posted the collage of my OC cosplay there (pics are in my gallery, there aren't a lot tho ;; ) and I was worried about my wig..again ;;.

Long story short, a Marth cosplay might be on my future cosplays list sometime. It was floating around my head for months, but since playing more as him in my Brawls, he isn't that bad despite being a girly man =O. He's hot in Radiant Dawn tho. YUMMM ARMORS!

Soooo....when I finally decide to be Marth (probably after my Wing Kirby is done b/c that's gonna take two more years at least ;; ) I will give you guys a shout =O.

So there, I mentioned the Fire Emblem guys and it was about cosplay, woo!!

@Rare: ....you mean you forgot about fangirls all this time ;;;;???? That was the first thing that popped into my head when you announced the Snake crossplay XD;;; I didn't say anything tho b/c I thought you knew ;;; and I didn't want to scare you away from it lol.

And does the said method you were talking about refer to crawling into a box properly so not to be seen =O? ;;;; I'm kidding lol!! I'm scared to know what it really is ;;;
__________________
New York Comic-Con 2011
Friday - Rarity Gijinka (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
Saturday - Torakaka (BlazBlue: Continuum Shift)
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 01:44 PM   #4287
patrickbooya
Registered User
 
patrickbooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 162
[quote=snowkirby;2685705]@Rare: STOP HITTING ON MALE COSPLAYERS, GOSH! Lmao XDD!

And I thought I was bad with me spotting out who's cute in video games ^_^;; :P. Keke![quote]I don't mind lol
patrickbooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #4288
TheRareHunterH
Who watches the Rare?
 
TheRareHunterH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkirby View Post
Long story short, a Marth cosplay ... He's hot in Radiant Dawn tho. YUMMM ARMORS!
Lol it's SONIC'S IN BRAWL all over again.

MARTH'S IN RADIANT DAWN!!!

Seriously, snowkirby, do you mean Ike or Marth? Or am I stupid and Marth really cameod in Radiant Dawn?

And yes I really forgot about fangirls. I mean, I heard that some people could be bitches at our con over cardboard boxes (people pretending to be Snake), thus I'm bringing a "Draw on Me!" box to remedy that issue. But personally, I've never run into any problems with fangirls in Pit crossplay. Like, the worst problem I had is when I was talking to a male friend, whom I know very well, and I reminded him that he hadn't given me a hug yet. Let's just say there was a nice, crisp crunching sound on my back as his hand made an impact on my wings. We both freaked out, but in the end my wings survived. Kinda funny now.

@patrickbooya:
FFFF YEAH SEE PEOPLE THE MENZ DON'T MIND.
But it is problematic. D= I need to find a different, more civilized way to compliment male cosplayers because they'll start thinking I'm just complimenting their appearance and ignoring their cosplay. D= But that's not true for you, buddy, you really are hot and your cosplay really is good.

I can't decide if I want to work on Snake, paint a shirt, or finish Ness plushie up this weekend...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audhulma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRareHunterH
I just realized what Snake would drive in Super Smash Brothers Brawl Kart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audhulma
METAL GEAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRareHunterH
No. A box car.
fail ... LOL WAIT NO THAT'S AWSUM
TheRareHunterH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 02:33 PM   #4289
Shiroi Ookami
Professional Ninja
 
Shiroi Ookami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 633
@ Rare -

Actually, most cosplay guys that I know, myself included, consider it a huge compliment when cosplay girls say things like that! Oh and I don't think you scared Zero, I think he's just going to the MG thread for now.

@ Kirby - See, I knew I could get you to start fangirling over the Fire Emblem guys again! Actually, the two or three Marth's that I have seen have been girls. He's a pretty girly character so I don't think it would be hard to you to crossplay as him.
__________________
2010 Conventions
Mizzumi-Con ll A-Kon ll San-Japan ll

Currnet Cosplays:

Pridelands Sora - Commissioned from Cosfurs

Upcoming Cosplays:
Anbu Black Ops - Naruto
Human Paladin - World of Warcraft
Snow Villiers - Final Fantasy XIII
Shiroi Ookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 02:43 PM   #4290
patrickbooya
Registered User
 
patrickbooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 162
I really would like a super quick cosplay for Ohayocon.
Thats if I don't cosplay as Ness again.

and thanks RareHunerH
patrickbooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.