Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Super Smash Bros.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 64 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 04-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #5041
Varnani
MY CABBAGES

Man Rare should come to my house for my birthday.

I CAN BE RELEVANT IN THIS THREAD NOW cause I got the fabric for Ike's cape. I went with something that had texture to it. Now to....paint the whatever the hell that is on it and line it with white.
Varnani is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #5042
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Rare: LMFAO XDDD I got a crazy image in my head about Snake doing birthdays for 7 year olds XDD and all the kids are like "omg it's Snake yayyy!!!" and drive him crazy XD. Hence he hides in the box for 2 hours thereafter, considering the last straw was when a kid tried to touch his scrufflies on his face. Or his bandana and claim it's time for Pin the Tail on the Donkey.

Lmfao damn my overactive imagination...and confusing posts XDD;;

@Audhulma: IF ONLY MY WII WOULD LET ME SEND ME SNAPSHOTS!!! I took awesome ones of Ike's cape (as well as Marth's, and the belt shots behind them for each). Dehhhh ::cries::
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #5043
TheRareHunterH
Who watches the Rare?

Man Rare should go to Audhulma's house every day.

@snowkirby: That's... wow, yeah, I like that. And thanks for my new word for forever. Scrufflies.

HEY GUYS I ordered some sample fabrics for this seeeecret costume. So I'mma see what's the most accurate.

AND PLEASE TELL ME does anyone else get tremendous back pain when working on cosplay? Okay, I got it, I'm cutting foam with scissors nonstop for like an hour, but for some odd reason I ALWAYS get back pain. Or maybe I can declare it's me getting into character and I'm experiencing accelerated aging like Snake.
Seriously though, am I nuts?
Originally Posted by TheRareHunterH
I just realized what Snake would drive in Super Smash Brothers Brawl Kart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audhulma
METAL GEAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRareHunterH
No. A box car.
fail ... LOL WAIT NO THAT'S AWSUM
TheRareHunterH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #5044
makeshiftwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRareHunterH View Post
AND PLEASE TELL ME does anyone else get tremendous back pain when working on cosplay? Okay, I got it, I'm cutting foam with scissors nonstop for like an hour, but for some odd reason I ALWAYS get back pain. Or maybe I can declare it's me getting into character and I'm experiencing accelerated aging like Snake.
Seriously though, am I nuts?
No I get back pain too ;-; It's from always hunching over my project for me x_X
AFO - Possessed Wander (Friday); Earth Kingdom Toph with Fire Nation Cloak (Saturday & Sunday)
Dragon*con - Toph Bei Fong (Sunday)

Planned Cosplays

Okami Amaterasu (Planning) [Completion Date: ???]
makeshiftwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #5045
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Rare: you're welcome =O!!

Sometimes I do too, mostly it's my butt being numb tho, like yesterday XD;. Worked on a commission for 7+ hours and I couldn't feel my bum anymore from sitting on my bed for too long.

Other than that, I try not to stand up for too long, but when I make patterns for outfits, or anything else for that matter, I get a bit of back pain after a while ;;;. If it's really bad tho, maybe try taking breaks in between, or having a bit of aspirin on hand??
Unread 04-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #5046
makeshiftwings

It never gets THAT bad, just painful/uncomfortable when I stand up straight :/ And yeah, it mainly happens when I'm cutting out fabric, too :/
AFO - Possessed Wander (Friday); Earth Kingdom Toph with Fire Nation Cloak (Saturday & Sunday)
Dragon*con - Toph Bei Fong (Sunday)

Planned Cosplays

Okami Amaterasu (Planning) [Completion Date: ???]
makeshiftwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2009, 12:53 AM   #5047
Katsumiyo
Homework Vigilante

I have the same back problem because I tend to squat or sit on my knees when I'm doing pinning before I head back over to the sewing machine. ZSS is gonna kill me, with all those little pieces...
In Progress | Vault 34 Jumpsuit | Sniper Wolf
Planned | Catwoman | Snow White
Cons | ALA | AOD | Cherry Blossom Festival | Fanime
Katsumiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #5048
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

For some reason even when I'm sitting down and I have a pillow behind me to support my back, I end up leaning over when I make my jewelry XD;. I know I'm pretty much getting to be blind, but I was surprised yesterday ^_^;;;. I have to try and stop leaning over when I'm doing that =X.

Anyways, I have a weird Marth question..considering I should've probably asked this months before I started Marth. I was gonna tuck in the tunic yesterday but I realized if I should probably bind in or not for the cosplay. I've never binded before (I tried it out when I was gonna make Albel from Star Ocean 3 but I canned the project a year or so ago lol), though I did wear a sports bra for my Wall Market Cloud and it didn't do that bad.

So since Marth has that breastplate anyway, I could probably get away with just the sports bra (my bust isn't super huge but I can bind if it means it'd look a lot more accurate). Sorry for the weirdly delayed question lol!
Unread 04-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #5049
Katsumiyo
Homework Vigilante

Kirby: You should probably bind, yes. I've heard of these really great tops and undergarments for binding--called compression shirts. They're about as expensive as a bra and you can get them at http://www.underworks.com/ . I've heard many, many great reviews from people--they're much more convenient and simple than binding, and you don't have nearly as many problems with that odd breathing restriction. People that buy them often end up using them for every ftm crossplay after that.
In Progress | Vault 34 Jumpsuit | Sniper Wolf
Planned | Catwoman | Snow White
Cons | ALA | AOD | Cherry Blossom Festival | Fanime
Katsumiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #5050
thezeronumber
A non-edited photo! Lol!

@ Katsu/Kirby: Ah yes... A friend of mine who i met on here is using one for her cross-play of someone from Code Geass (spelling?). Not that i know how much a typical bra may cost, but a decent one of those shirts or body versions will be a fair amount more. Definitely worth it though if you require flattening or shaping of certain areas for Cosplay, even if not a cross one.

@ Rare:
Y-You're welcome...?! They are pretty easy to find, literally typed 'Sho Minamimoto' into google images and voilą. He only has 3 hi-resolution pictures though as far as i am aware, so finding a certain pose (like you would in the game) that is crisp on the edges and detail is going to be tough unless someone takes the time in custom-job.

However there are some wallpapers and posters out there that, although fan-made, are very accurate to the character details and offer a lot more in varied positions. You can probably get more out of them than you ever will from official art to be honest.
~ Spicy Currys that spray Poke Balls? ~
~ Invisible items? ~

All in a days work for me!

And only for me. There is no fun to be had from cheating others unless they are in on the joke!
thezeronumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #5051
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Thanks Katsu and zero ^.^!! The FE thread thus far agrees too. I've seen those shirts before, my siblings and I got my mom those bodysuits for her birthday so I know what you mean . Ugh I hate the binding method with the stretchy gauze, I mean it gets awesome results but I can't breathe with it on ;_;! So I'll definitely look into the shirts ^_^ thanks so much!
Unread 04-14-2009, 11:52 PM   #5052
mewtwo2222
Hayley Elise

Hey again ^^
I've finally started again!
I think I'm almost finished my wig, though I'm gonna have to add some wefts to the ponytail, to make it longer/thicker >>

But on that note, does anyone know how to style Zamus's side fringe? thanks :3
mewtwo2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #5053
mirrorsaber
in unknown territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkirby View Post
For some reason even when I'm sitting down and I have a pillow behind me to support my back, I end up leaning over when I make my jewelry XD;. I know I'm pretty much getting to be blind, but I was surprised yesterday ^_^;;;. I have to try and stop leaning over when I'm doing that =X.

Anyways, I have a weird Marth question..considering I should've probably asked this months before I started Marth. I was gonna tuck in the tunic yesterday but I realized if I should probably bind in or not for the cosplay. I've never binded before (I tried it out when I was gonna make Albel from Star Ocean 3 but I canned the project a year or so ago lol), though I did wear a sports bra for my Wall Market Cloud and it didn't do that bad.

So since Marth has that breastplate anyway, I could probably get away with just the sports bra (my bust isn't super huge but I can bind if it means it'd look a lot more accurate). Sorry for the weirdly delayed question lol!

It actually depends on how your weight is shifted on your body and how tall you are. My legs and butt have lots of muscle and fat from working out but my upper body it flat as hell (my ribcage somewhat shows if you saw me in underclothing) due to all that weight I lost since 04 (used to be 230, I'm currently 134 at 5'9). So, if you have a lot of weight around your upper body, binding would be best but if you are skinny like I am, a sports bra would work well enough from what I have experienced from crossdressing myself. Plus, tall people can get away with weighing more.

next costume- Just repairing/making new stuff I never tried as of now.
mirrorsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 09:51 PM   #5054
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@mewtwo: yay wb ^.^! Not positive on how to make Zamus' side fringe tho .

@Princess: congrats on the weight loss :3. My weight is kind of distributed all around XD;; I've been trying to work out my thighs tho, but in general I'm not sure if I have a certain area that has more weight over another (I guess if anything the lower part would b/c of the thighs, but I don't have that "pear" shaped body). I'm a bit of an hourglass, borderline athletic, if that helps =X. Prolly my best cosplay that shows that is my FMV Terra, but as of the bust area the dress flattened it b/c I sewed on the cups weird and I had to wear it like that to prevent wardrobe malfunction XD;;;.

My bust isn't huge tho, but the binding method is uncomfortable for me . So though I most likely will reduce my bustline for Marth and other crossplays in the future, I'm avoiding the binding tape method b/c it doesn't work for me.

I'm gonna try and get a sports bra this weekend (I need one anyway lol), and if that doesn't work out I'm gonna try the compression shirts Katsu had mentioned .

Last edited by snowkirby : 04-15-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Unread 04-15-2009, 10:13 PM   #5055
mirrorsaber
in unknown territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkirby View Post
@mewtwo: yay wb ^.^! Not positive on how to make Zamus' side fringe tho .

@Princess: congrats on the weight loss :3. My weight is kind of distributed all around XD;; I've been trying to work out my thighs tho, but in general I'm not sure if I have a certain area that has more weight over another (I guess if anything the lower part would b/c of the thighs, but I don't have that "pear" shaped body). I'm a bit of an hourglass, borderline athletic, if that helps =X. Prolly my best cosplay that shows that is my FMV Terra, but as of the bust area the dress flattened it b/c I sewed on the cups weird and I had to wear it like that to prevent wardrobe malfunction XD;;;.

My bust isn't huge tho, but the binding method is uncomfortable for me . So though I most likely will reduce my bustline for Marth and other crossplays in the future, I'm avoiding the binding tape method b/c it doesn't work for me.

I'm gonna try and get a sports bra this weekend (I need one anyway lol), and if that doesn't work out I'm gonna try the compression shirts Katsu had mentioned .
Just don't use ducktape. That will make it worse. One person did that I saw at a con did that and it was a very bad idea. I agree with the compression shirts idea though.

next costume- Just repairing/making new stuff I never tried as of now.
mirrorsaber is offline   Reply With Quote