Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Super Smash Bros.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 99 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 11-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #5641
Sirica
Black Magic User

Eheheheh. Not that it really matters...but I put up the only available pic I have of me for my Saki cosplay icon from what? Last YEAR? *sweatdrop* But I still have a dream of making all my assist trophy cosplays! My brother's Shadow the Hedgehog is nearly finished so that will be fun.

Things are weird now that I'm in college. Everything is harder to get and space/time for cosplay has gone way way down. But I have winter break which I intend to use to its fullest for making/updating cosplays.

I love looking through this forum so much~
Sirica is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #5642
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Luther: already said at FE thread but I'm glad your feeling a lot better Yay for walking!! I'm stoked for that FLUDD pack! (lol "stoked"..XD)

@Sirica: lol aww Saki! I wish I can see more pics of it =X. (btw your Black Mage cosplay pics are awesome!) Yeah it's hard to juggle with it, especially first year of college, but it gets easier so don't worry! My sis is starting this semester too so it's been tough (she doesn't cosplay tho).

And I'm happy you like looking through this forum ^^! Lmao it's given me tons of awesome memories and friends. Lol try looking at the first 100-200 posts if you dare XD things got real wacky here!
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #5643
Spectreon
In space.

And I finally have a small bit of progress!

I'm mutilating a pair of old Halloween gloves for Marth, and using luggage straps for the buckles. Isn't being a cheapskate fun?

I just need to cut the elastic out from inside the gloves before attaching the straps.

The finger holes are a little too tight, but I can still type in them so they're good enough.

As usual, pics will come when finished.

And there's a possibility that I might be getting a wig this weekend~
Spectreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #5644
Sirica
Black Magic User

Being a cheapskate IS fun. For Saki, I stole a pair of my dad's shorts and cut down the sleeves on an old shirt that was a little short in that area anyway, that was about half the costume done. XD

Currently I'm working on remaking the belts again, since last year I was basically trapped inside and since it was my first time binding I was in a bit of a pinch. I was in pain all day which sucked some (most) of the usual fun out of the con for me. I'm better at it now though, so even if I couldn't remove my shirt all day I think I'd be okay, but still, I do not want to keep remaking those belts every time I want to do this cosplay so it's back to the drawing board basically.

I also found a decent reference for his Cannon Sword and finally have a decent idea of how I'm going to make it, so that's my project for winter break, I want to make the Cannon Sword, his holster/belt thing, sew the red tag to my shorts, and make his glove and half glove sleeve thing. It sounds like a lot but most of it is just small details, so I'm sure it won't be difficult except for the Cannon Sword. --> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...202/gr_m64.jpg

In the meantime I found another pic a friend got as me while I was wearing Saki, so I'll upload that a little later.
Sirica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2009, 10:05 AM   #5645
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Spectron: luggage straps, eh? I would have never thought that =O. Hehe I still need to make my Marth gloves. I look forward to the pics, and of the wig especially! Mine still needs a haircut lol.

@Sirica: yay more Saki pics! Good luck with the Cannon Sword =O!

Things have been quiet on my end, cosplaywise; been busy with other stuff. I'm planning to debut Sword Kirby next New York Comic Con/Anime Fest, so long as I can find some Meta Knights to duel with. I want a MASSIVE mockfight. It would be epic!

Otherwise I have a backup cosplay (Phoenix Wright related) that shouldn't dip too much into my budget since a lot of the materials I have already. I will scout out the PW thread later on tho so you can hear more about that then ^^.

I hope to continue Marth sometime soon tho. So happy to finally have a break from classes to do some more stuff ^^ I hadn't had a break until Thanksgiving now ;;.
Unread 12-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #5646
mariofan

not smash bros, but i could not see a thread for mario related costumes, here is my propeller suit mario from new super mario bros wii
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/chrismario3.jpg/
mariofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #5647
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

I'm working on Pit and King Dedede currently for my husband and I. If anyone knows where to get long feathers (6" or so feathers) in bulk, let me know.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2009, 11:58 PM   #5648
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@mariofan: awesome prepeller suit!! I still need to play that game lol.

@supergeekgirl: Rainbow Feathers is a fantastic store to order long bulk feathers . If you want to shop around elsewhere, this thread has other stores listed for feathers, but I found they had the best buy for bulk feathers.
Unread 12-15-2009, 09:44 PM   #5649
akuriko
Awake For The Moment

Lol, I was told that I needed to post this here to revive this thread. XD

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/272305/

Hope you all like. ^ ^/"

▲▲

THANKS A MILLION.
PUSH START
TO REPLAY
akuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #5650
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

I love it! You have a wonderful attention to detail.

I can't tell from the pictures, but is that embroidery around the bottom of your dress? Or did you use 3-D paint of some sort? Or another method?
Unread 12-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #5651
akuriko
Awake For The Moment

Thank you~ ^ ^ Yes, it is embroidery. ^ ^

▲▲

THANKS A MILLION.
PUSH START
TO REPLAY
akuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #5652
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Aww akuriko, thanks for the thread revive XD! Your Zelda is gorgeous!! I second on the details .
Unread 12-16-2009, 10:32 PM   #5653
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Anyone seen any good King Dedede's about? I'm making him for my husband, and I haven't seen a good one anywhere. Luckily I've been getting advice from my friends who make mascot costumes since it's my first one, but I'd still like to see someone else's methods for that particular character.
Unread 12-17-2009, 03:10 PM   #5654
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@supergeekgirl: hmmm I've never made any mascot cosplays before, but I know of some fellow Smash cosplayers that can help give some advice. I don't know how often they've been here at cosplay.com lately though, but you can always try PMing here or emailing them regardless. You can try asking Koisnake or roleplaywulf (they're twins), or even Kazukii as well. I wish you luck!!
Unread 12-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #5655
Katsumiyo
Homework Vigilante

As I've said before, Akuri, amazing Zelda~
Supergeek: Which methods are your friends recommending? Shaving down furniture foam typically looks best, though for King Dedede you'd probably want to use good fleece instead of faux fur.

For my own progress, I restyled my Samus wig. It looks a LOT better now. I'm also using a much better make-up technique. Anyone interested can see comparison pictures here.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...fore_after.jpg
Sorry for the crap photos; I took them at night and the bathroom is the only room in the house with anything close to good lighting.
I decided to make her gun myself, rather than alter an airsoft, so that I can take it into convention areas. I'm also almost done adjusting the bodysuit, and then I'll be painting on her hand and chest emblems, so I'll post that too. :3
In Progress | Vault 34 Jumpsuit | Sniper Wolf
Planned | Catwoman | Snow White
Cons | ALA | AOD | Cherry Blossom Festival | Fanime
Katsumiyo is offline   Reply With Quote