Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Super Smash Bros.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 69 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 05-21-2010, 06:20 AM   #5746
Mish LexiiCHU~
A purrrrfect plaything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkirby View Post
@Mish: yay MK! His mask can be made from a flexible plastic like fiberglass, or even craft foam . The raised areas look like they were molded up (almost like a fabric dart), or if it's too difficult you can just cheat and make two thin, long triangles and attach them like a pyramid on the mask.

The tutorial lists for the materials can be found at the Props forum (there used to be 1 thread, but now there's 3 b/c of so many tuts!), they're all stickied so they're easy to find. I wish you luck ^^!
Yay~!
Thank you soo much~! owo

I take plush commissions!
Deviantart
Instagram
Mish LexiiCHU~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #5747
Minsc

Since I have a couple friends who are going as Peach and Mario I figured I'd be a perfect fit as Luigi.
Unread 07-01-2010, 12:14 AM   #5748
Lopapop

luigi? :s

so im doing a pin up luigi girl... thang lol and ive got the design worked out and everything, the only thing though is ive got these pin up shorts and i thought i could just use navy suspenders and turn these into overall looking things but i cant find any suspendors that dont connect in the back

is there any that exist, is there a better idea?

go easy on me plzzz im such a noob at this >.< iz my first cosplay :3
Lopapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #5749
HarpyLink
The Crazy Duck Lady

How did this thread stay hidden for so long? Well, *shrug* my Rave Link fits in here too. A bit of a new cosplayer here. I wonder if I should ask here about my wig too, since I already did in the Zelda thread.

Future Projects. (Will start on once I get a job.)
PBR Avatar Lady Kiwi (Pokemon Battle Revolution)
Mia (Path of Radiance)
Jade (Beyond Good & Evil)

Never been very friendly, so sorry in advance for any sort of offenses :<.
HarpyLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #5750
Sentinel150
Keeper of Ages

Hello fellow Smash Brothers!

I have made two Samus suits (Dark and Fusion) and am in the process of finishing up a Brawl Sheik.

Last Tora-con I was in the Human Chess Match (as Fusion Suit Samus) and on the Game side we also had a Sheik, Ganondorf, and Mario (with Ditto transforming into Luigi and a Piplup on the side). A spray-painted yoga ball was actually used as a morph ball in the show when I was conveniently "punted" in that form offstage by my opponent, lol. I posted quite a few pictures others had taken of me with Mario, Luigi, Ganondorf, Shadow and Snake on my profile if you guys want to check them out!

Keep up the good work everyone!
Sentinel150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #5751
Katsumiyo
Homework Vigilante

Sentinel: I really like your Fusion suit, props for Fusion cosplay!
Harpy: The Zelda thread will be able to help you out better on choosing colors for Link's hair.

Well most of you have probably seen this already, but I don't think I ever officially posted it? Here's my 90% done Zero suit:
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/160064/
In Progress | Vault 34 Jumpsuit | Sniper Wolf
Planned | Catwoman | Snow White
Cons | ALA | AOD | Cherry Blossom Festival | Fanime
Katsumiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #5752
HarpyLink
The Crazy Duck Lady

@ Kastumiyo. I actually already have the wig and have been asking over on the Zelda thread about styling it. So far I've been ignored outright. *shrug* Thanks anyway. :3

Mia (Path of Radiance)

Unread 07-04-2010, 06:07 AM   #5753
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

I'm currently working on a Ness cosplay and planning to do a Lucas one in the future ^^

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #5754
Rhazia

I did Brawl Sheik for a convention this May and it was quite fun. There's a lot on the costume that I'm either going to change or that I didn't get around to doing in the first place. The bandages were kinda fail. )=

I'm also going to be helping my brother with a Ganondorf cosplay. The guy's almost 6'6, loves the character and has the right features to pull it off. I'm really looking forward to that one.
Rhazia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #5755
Sentinel150
Keeper of Ages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumiyo View Post
Sentinel: I really like your Fusion suit, props for Fusion cosplay!
Harpy: The Zelda thread will be able to help you out better on choosing colors for Link's hair.

Well most of you have probably seen this already, but I don't think I ever officially posted it? Here's my 90% done Zero suit:
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/160064/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhazia View Post
I did Brawl Sheik for a convention this May and it was quite fun. There's a lot on the costume that I'm either going to change or that I didn't get around to doing in the first place. The bandages were kinda fail. )=

I'm also going to be helping my brother with a Ganondorf cosplay. The guy's almost 6'6, loves the character and has the right features to pull it off. I'm really looking forward to that one.
Katsumiyo: Thank you for the compliment! I recall looking on various forums and the like and found that many of Samus' variant suits were not made as often, which was why my first suits are the Dark and Fusion. The Fusion is definitely colorful and easier to move about in!

Your Zero Suit came out wonderfully! I love it how you brought Pikachu along at the convention you attended. and meeting up with an Ike and Snake must have been fun, too. What I love about Smash cosplays is that there are always bound to be some at a convention and encompass characters from numerous series and games. You got to meet a Master Chief! I have yet to, lol.

Rhazia: Wonderful Sheik! You nailed the poses in your photos and the denim works well texturally! I've been working off of the trophy in Brawl as a reference for my own. I'm close to completion but a major blip in my design has been the lacing. The black cloth I used on the bracers and upper-arm pieces are lined and thick enough to prevent conventional eye-hole punchers from breaking through. If you do not mind my asking, how did you create the holes for your cosplay's lacing? Thank you!

Also, to those with wig experience: I have two wigs I hoped to integrate together to make Sheik's Brawl tresses. One was the perfect color and length- but when braided did not have the right thickness (Sheik's braid is nearly 3-5 inches across in the back!). I found a rapunzel-styled wig that had the correct braid thickness, but it is a tad lighter. Should I try combining the hair of the darker one over the lighter braid or should I find a way to dye the lighter wig? If so, what methods would you suggest? Thank you!
Unread 07-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #5756
Rhazia

Sentinel150: to make the eyelets, I stabbed my costume with barbeque skewers. No, really. I have these really sharp metal skewers that double as needles for photos. I poked them through the denim then carefully widened the holes with scissors. I'm sure there's a better way to go about it but that was how I dealt with it myself. I ran into the same problem that you did. Making holes in 2 layers of denim isn't the easiest thing to do.

I look forward to seeing your Sheik! It's nice to see the character getting love. =) Your Samus is pretty amazing, too.
Rhazia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 05:56 PM   #5757
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Wheeee so much updates lol!!

@Lopapop: I think most suspenders also connect at the back :/. You can always make the straps though so they don't cross at the back; you can either use a good ribbon and sew on the hooks at the end, or make your own strips (almost like bias tape) from a good fabric and do the same.

@Harpy: do you have a pic of your Link wig?? I'm not a super awesome wig stylist ^^;; but I can see if I can help in any way I can .

@Katsu: ooh your Zero Suit looks great !!! I love how neat the designs on the back are !

@Sentinel: I would try lightly dyeing the lighter wig as close as possible to the other one you have, as it has the thickness you want.
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #5758
Sentinel150
Keeper of Ages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhazia View Post
Sentinel150: to make the eyelets, I stabbed my costume with barbeque skewers. No, really. I have these really sharp metal skewers that double as needles for photos. I poked them through the denim then carefully widened the holes with scissors. I'm sure there's a better way to go about it but that was how I dealt with it myself. I ran into the same problem that you did. Making holes in 2 layers of denim isn't the easiest thing to do.

I look forward to seeing your Sheik! It's nice to see the character getting love. =) Your Samus is pretty amazing, too.
Thank you for the suggestion! lol. I had tried scissors, drills, nails and the punches to no avail. We have skewers at home that may work well, and I suppose taking the time to widen the holes is not going to be too laborious. I'll see what I can do! Once again, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkirby View Post

@Sentinel: I would try lightly dyeing the lighter wig as close as possible to the other one you have, as it has the thickness you want.
Yep! I was thinking that this would be the best course of action seeing as how every attempt to braid one color over the other has only resulted in them separating out. I'm unfamiliar with dyes, however, and know not what to use on the fake plastic wig hair. Hm, I'll look that up. Thank you!
Unread 07-08-2010, 01:47 AM   #5759
Lopapop

@snowkirby lol ty! funny enough i was walking through a Mennonite store this weekend and almost picked me up a pair of suspenders, but the fact that a girl was in their store wearing pants kind of irritated them, so i just went on my merry way. but ty for the suggestion!
Lopapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 12:41 AM   #5760
HarpyLink
The Crazy Duck Lady

@ snowkirby. Oh sorry XD I hadn't been here in a while. I actually have already had a go at my wig, and so far its looking good. I'll post the link here and then maybe you can give me some more pointers.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2623719/

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2623720/

Mia (Path of Radiance)

Last edited by HarpyLink : 07-14-2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Fixed the links