Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Super Smash Bros.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 94 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 07-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #5761
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Lol wheeee!!

@Lopapop: no problem ^^ I wish you luck with the suspenders!!

@Sentinel: there are a lot of different ways to dye wigs; I've seen many cosplayers use sharpies (either to add in lowlights at certain spots or in a full dye bath). There's a spray method that should be in the tutorials sticky here at the site, but if you're not a big fan of that there's one that Fire Lily (fellow Fire Emblem cosplayer here at the site) had on DeviantArt that involves a dye bath. I would personally try for the spray method first, since it'll let you slowly add color to your wig. If you need the dye bath tutorial let me know!

@Harpy: ooh that's a lovely Link wig !! Are you styling it in any particular manner (since you said you were making a Rave Link)? Or were you just gonna style it like classic Link? If classic Link, you may need to cut the wig shorter (Twilight Princess has some refs of his hair without his cap). As of the part on the bangs, you can either keep them in the middle like his usually is, or put it to the side like in TP (see pics).
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #5762
HarpyLink
The Crazy Duck Lady

@ Snowkirby. For the most part I'm going with TP Link's hair, since it is relatively easy to work with and I like the look. :3 I forgot that picture of him with the goat existed. XD But yeah, I noticed a few days ago that the eartails are not that much longer then the rest of his hair and I probably will give it a bit more of a trim.

Future Projects. (Will start on once I get a job.)
PBR Avatar Lady Kiwi (Pokemon Battle Revolution)
Mia (Path of Radiance)
Jade (Beyond Good & Evil)

Never been very friendly, so sorry in advance for any sort of offenses :<.
HarpyLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #5763
Lord_Absol
Lv. X

I'm new to the ssb cosplays

anyway I think i'm gonna make a cosplay of the pokemon trainer
Later:Victini (japanese name for a pokemon black & white version pokemon) will up date name later

Evil is awsome!!!!!!
Lord_Absol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #5764
Cotton Spores
Lv. 16

OMG, I simply have to make a Pit cosplay. Someone just pointed that my hair has almost the perfect lenght & color for that.
Unread 07-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #5765
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Harpy: awesome ^^ I actually like his hair in TP also. Even tho it's not that much different than his other versions ^^;. I wish you luck with the wig styling!!

@Lord and Cotton: ooh awesome ^^ I can't wait to see the cosplays!! Hehe you're being Pit just in time for that new Kid Icarus game coming out too :3!
Unread 08-03-2010, 01:53 PM   #5766
HolyAMVBoy
i wuv Anime,VG, and Manga

Smile super smash bros

i love alot of characters from the super smash bros series but i would love to cosplay as either oit or marth because they seem more easier to do and pit is awesome! ^_^ .
HolyAMVBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #5767
HarpyLink
The Crazy Duck Lady

@ snowkirby. AFO is in 2 days. And I completed my cosplay! http://images.cosplay.com/photos/26/2658670.jpg

The wig is all finished! I will post some pics of the full outfit from AFO. 83 Hope to find an Ike.

Mia (Path of Radiance)

Unread 08-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #5768
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Harpy: your bangs look great !! Hope you have a great time at the con, I can't wait to see the rest of the cosplay! YES IKE!!
Unread 08-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #5769
HarpyLink
The Crazy Duck Lady

@ snowkirby: I love them too! Oh my gods they are a pain in the ass to get right. Gotta layer on the Tresseme and twist them with my wig brush. And you know what... I had no idea that you were supposed to connect the small elastic bands on a cosworks wig... I WONDERED WHY IT WAS FITTING FUNNY!

Mia (Path of Radiance)

Unread 08-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #5770
HarpyLink
The Crazy Duck Lady

HERE BE PICTURES!~
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2665889/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2665883/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2665911/

Mia (Path of Radiance)

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #5771
Luther
A wild LUTHER appeared!

I haven't been here in a while because it's been a while since I was working on a Smash costume, but I'm back! =D I'm sooo behind on everyone's posts...

MK never happened because I didn't like how the mask looked on a human... I think my next project is going to be Princess Peach. I'm gonna look like a giant frilly pink cupcake, but that's what I love about her! 8D I'm still trying to decide what version to do. But I already have the wig for her! I'm excited about all the accessories to make, like the crown and Perry the parasol, but less excited about making the dress itself... >_>;

@HarpyLink: Ooh, I love the fabrics you chose, even though it's a silly version, the textures of the costume look authentic! ^^ if that makes sense lol. I think the rainbow gloves stand out for that reason and I don't really like them because they clash with the rest of the outfit. Maybe if they were in less bright colors. That's just my opinion, tho. ^^

@Sentinel150: OMG it's you! I was looking around coscom at all the armored Samuses (Sami??) and I love yours, I really enjoyed reading all your notes and commentary about your costume. I love your work!! <3 And you use paper mache too, not many cosplayers do, high five! :B The Varia Suit is still my dream cosplay~ How difficult was it to walk around in a con wearing it all day?

Last edited by Luther : 08-10-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #5772
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Harpy: lmao your Rave Link is hilarious XD. I agree with Luther that your outfit is really well-made, which is tough for simple cosplays b/c since they don't have much detail, if it's done poorly you see EVERYTHING lol! I know you needed to stick in the rave theme somewhere and that's where the rainbow gloves came in (nice pacifier btw XD), but I'd have to agree with Luther as well, b/c you have the brown boots.

I think you should have the gloves also be brown, and then have a Goron Bracelet but in the rainbow colors lol!! Jeez that bracelet is gonna be so fabulous AND functional XD. You can chuck boulders and still dance it out with the glowsticks! Other than that, it looks like a fun cosplay to wear ^^!

@Luther: aww sorry about MK ! You had a bunch of great ideas though, but I'm sure whenever you make MK he'll be even more amazing!!

I can't picture you as Peach XDD but I think that's even more awesomer anyway lol!! One of my friends actually mains has her sometimes, and he's a guy XD;. It's funny when we throw people off b/c I main as Marth half the time. Whee genderbending! Anyway I wish you luck with Peach =X!! She has really pretty alternate outfits too! I like playing her as Daisy's outfit lol!
Unread 08-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #5773
HarpyLink
The Crazy Duck Lady

@ Luther and Snowkirby: The material was just good ol' Micro Suede. Not like they had many choices when it came to fibers back then. Staticman wants to try and make the arm guard and put it over the arm warmers, it might work out.

@ Snowkirby: The Goron Bracelet is a nice idea, but I'm using TP Link, so it wouldn't make any sense for him to be wearing it. I did use the Wolf shackle, even if it doesn't show up in human form... (How the hell? It will always confuse me.) But shrug. I will save that one. :3

Mia (Path of Radiance)

Unread 08-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #5774
Poody
All Rise!

We're working on a Birdo and Yoshi right now XD weeeee!!!!

..............-NYAH!
My Facebook, yo!
Poody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #5775
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Harpy: oh yeahhh! I forgot you were basing it off of TP, sorry ^^;!! I never understood how he only has the shackle in wolf form either =X. Maybe he only has it b/c he'd be in the twilight world, and hence he was imprisoned there?? ..I'm just gonna stop there b/c one must not bring about the concepts of time and space into Nintendo arguments, lmao!!

@Poody: oh maan, Birdo!! I barely see any Birdo cosplays (or would it be a crossplay?? Damn you tranny characters!), I look forward to seeing it and Yoshi ^^! Btw your Pirahna Plant cosplay looks amazing!