Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair > User-Submitted Wig FAQ's and Tutorial Threads

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 09-25-2006, 10:23 AM   #61
Huntress_Rip
Punish w/o distinction

Thank you, this tutorial is really helpful. I only have one teensy problem. I have rather short hair and bit and pieces of it keep trying to escape my wig cap(plus my wig is has no bangs). Any suggestions on how I can get my hair to behave?

Unread 09-30-2006, 04:26 AM   #62
Katasha
Fan-Freaking-Tastic

A good strong hairspray is what I use on my best friends who have short hair. I just hairspray the trouble spots back before putting on a wig cap. Or pinning the hair down with bobby pins may work.
Unread 09-30-2006, 07:37 AM   #63
Muyami-sama
Uknown Artist

This is very helpfull, thanks ^_^.
Muyami-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2006, 03:07 PM   #64
kawaiifuu
Help crazy lady w/ tongs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madame morte
If you have really thick hair you want to part your hair into two pieces and twist it up the back of your head. --->
I have really thick shoulder length hair and twisting my hair up like this really isn't hellping me. There's still a big lump at the back of my head and I can't put the wig on. Please help
kawaiifuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2006, 04:15 PM   #65
SkippingSith
FOR GONDOR!

Pincurls. Split your hair into five sections (two at the front, two at the back, and one at the nape of your neck.) Twist the hair around so it forms a flat bun, and insert two bobby pins at opposing angles to secure in place. Put a wig cap over this. I feel your pain. I have the same problem. With my hair DOWN, wigs fit fine, when it goes up--problems.
SkippingSith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #66
kawaiifuu
Help crazy lady w/ tongs!

Thanks a ton
I'll try it out and see if it works, I'll let ya know
kawaiifuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2006, 09:33 AM   #67
Eda
*::Rabby On Da Moon::*

Very clear tutorial! I used to have a problem with keeping my hair before using a hair cap.

Thank you very much!!
Eda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #68
starcat
The Third Hire

How do you keep little stray bits of hair (like the stuff in front of your ears and at the back of your neck) from showing? It won't stay tucked up and the style I'm wearing is in a ponytail.

It's also light purple, and I have dark brown hair. @_@ I don't generally use any sort of makeup, so how could I go about hiding those? I'm pretty sure I can hairgel it into place but there would probably still be some showing.
Unread 10-16-2006, 12:58 AM   #69
Katasha
Fan-Freaking-Tastic

My hairline is kinda crappy for wigs, no matter what I do the hair at the back of my neck and infront of my ears will stick out. But easy to solve, This time of year is pefect for it. Ger some of that really cheep halloween makeup that matches the colour of your wig and just rub it into your hair where it shows, not too much now you dont want it melting onto your costume but blend a bit in where your hair is showing( when your wearing the wig cap) and then put on the wig, it should would fine.
Unread 10-16-2006, 04:10 PM   #70
starcat
The Third Hire

Ahh, that makes sense! Thank you!
Unread 10-21-2006, 04:35 AM   #71
Kukkii-san
Wig Mage

a friend of mine always uses colored hairspray (the halloween / carnival kind^^) to color her hairline. this is great for short wigs.

but what i do is:
a) use extra strong hair gel to slick back my hairline before putting up the hair
b) stuff the loose strands under the wig cap using the handle of a comb (or any kind of long stick.)

btw, i always use a pantihose (size S), put it on exactly like the "knee-high stocking" wig cap, then wrap the "legs" of the pantihose around my head (careful not to wrap it too tightly, otherwise you're sure to get a headache) and secure the end with pins (i usually cut off the "feet" of the hose).

i LOVE my pantihose ^_~ it's a great way to keep the hair underneath the cap from sagging down to the sides, and to match the wig cap more closely to your head. be sure to use a small pantihose though.

Last edited by Kukkii-san : 04-01-2008 at 01:41 AM.
Kukkii-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 06:53 PM   #72
Prota-Girl
Get Jinxed!

Oh Awesome idea! I just put my Hair up into a ponytail and mut my wig over it. But I should try that before the con! Thankies for the tips!!! :megaglomp:

X-23 (X-Men)

Planned:
Etrigan (Female; DC Comics) Razer (Green Lantern TAS) Madoka (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
Prota-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 02:46 PM   #73
Yapparii
Fangirl Of Many Faces

Okay, I have very, very, boy-ish-ly short blonde hair. And I'm putting on a waist-length black wig. Any tips for making it stay?
Yapparii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2006, 08:48 PM   #74
grr_i_bitew

this tutorial helped me a lot thanks soooo much
grr_i_bitew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #75
nishi_e
Heading West

I read this tutorial before trying on my first wig, and... well, some problems.

I have really thick hair, so I tried to put it in two pieces like it said. Other problem: -_-;; I have a big head. I could not grip the cap in my teeth and get it to stretch all the way around my head. I ended up putting my hair in a ponytail, but there's still a lump around the back that sticks out. I am getting my hair cut this week, but someone please correct me on this. Is it maybe that I just can't do it by myself? The wig is really short and I have shoulder-length hair.
The #1 quote of Ohayocon 2007-Phrases you only hear at a Convention:
"Excuse me! Whose rocket launcher is that?" ^^

Ohayo08: Saiyuki Reload - Genjyo Sanzo (90%/redo)
Kyou Kara Maou! - Julia (5%/bought fabric)
nishi_e is offline   Reply With Quote