Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 04-28-2014, 09:36 PM   #1
Freud
Eva Rider

Time to give between emails?

So I contacted this commissioner around late February. I hoped to get the costume done by Otakon, but the commissioner said they are booked and will start on my costume a few days after Kawaii-con.

I trusted them having already paid, last week around the 19th I emailed them if they bought any materials or started the costume. They haven't replied. Should I be worried or give it another week? This costume is pretty complex so I want to know if there will be any deadline issues.

Plus I don't want to seem rude and pressuring to send another email.

psst: I don't know if this is the right thread to post in so if I'm wrong, sincere apologies.

Future Cos
Mako Mankanshoku
Asako Natsume
Yosuga Mitsuzaki

Last edited by Freud : 04-28-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Freud is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-28-2014, 09:54 PM   #2
Ice King

Hate to break it to you, but if it's been a week since a reply. I would be worried. Try googling the person or something and see if they have a facebook or a cosplay.com forum account. Does it say they have logged on recently?
You can simply try sending another email. I always bug my commissioners with simple trivia
Ice King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 12:10 AM   #3
Freud
Eva Rider

Yes, they've been active which is what worried me. They're pretty trustworthy they have been updating their clients with pictures weekly on their website, but that stopped a month ago. They're not well known so it could be that they have finished their quota. I don't want to be a haggler because to everyone here multiple emails are annoying. I'll try to email them again though.

Future Cos
Mako Mankanshoku
Asako Natsume
Yosuga Mitsuzaki
Unread 04-29-2014, 03:27 AM   #4
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

As a commissioner, I tell my customers I.don't mind multiple emails because of course it makes them feel better. I give my email and they'll message away. I.would email or.contact your commissioner, there shouldn't be an excuse if they've been active that they simply can't write back. At least a short reply could suffice. Anyways, I hope everything is okay and they contact you!

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 11:37 AM   #5
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

If a commissioner is ACTIVE on here or other social medias you follow them on and they are not responding it is either;
A. they are not ready to answer
B. Have no intension of answering (BAD business, always reply)
or they are just not Active and are offline for a while. I know some poeple go on long vacations, or something like that. as we all know life happens, but i would not continue if you dont hear something in a week, that is even pushing it.
I know that I have had internet isssues and i was dealing with not being able to message people so i know give them all of my contact info, FB, email, so they have some way of reaching me. Cosplay.com sometimes shows you as online when you are not even on the page. its done this to me before becuase it never logs me out as i have it on my tablet 24/7.

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 09:32 PM   #6
Shirayuki~Chan

I give them 3 days, so keep messaging them! It's your money and if they get annoyed with you messaging them then you need to get your money back because they are not the right commissioner!

So yeah, if it's not too late, I'd look into filing a dispute and finding a different one.

Cosplays:
Blackfire- Teen Titans
Weiss Schnee (White Outfit)- RWBY
Margaery Tyrell- Game of Thrones

Shirayuki~Chan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #7
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Don't message them every day. That gets real annoying real fast.
However an e-mail a week or every 4-5 days is a-ok especially if they aren't responding.

Like was said above they may not have an answer for you yet, or they may be busy working on commissions and can't answer right away, and of course life always happens so they might have had an emergency to tend to.

But if you don't receive a response in a month that's when I'd give a final warning (i.e. "If I don't get a response before July 10 2014 (generally 3-4 days after sending the e-mail) then I will have to open a dispute with paypal. Sorry and Thanks"). If you don't get a response before your date then you should open a dispute with paypal!
Unread 05-02-2014, 05:38 AM   #8
Freud
Eva Rider

She's been posting on her Facebook. Just yesterday she posted plans of her next cosplay. I sent my two emails before that so she hasn't gotten to them I think(hopefully). Her tumblr has been active too some of her side blogs are on queue, but main is active. Her Instagram had some new pictures. I messaged her on her Facebook and tumblr. If she doesn't reply I guess I'll have to open a dispute. I feel bad about it though, she seemed very nice.

I got almost less than a week left before the 45 day dispute limit on PayPal. So should I wait a couple more days?

Future Cos
Mako Mankanshoku
Asako Natsume
Yosuga Mitsuzaki
Unread 05-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #9
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freud View Post
She's been posting on her Facebook. Just yesterday she posted plans of her next cosplay. I sent my two emails before that so she hasn't gotten to them I think(hopefully). Her tumblr has been active too some of her side blogs are on queue, but main is active. Her Instagram had some new pictures. I messaged her on her Facebook and tumblr. If she doesn't reply I guess I'll have to open a dispute. I feel bad about it though, she seemed very nice.

I got almost less than a week left before the 45 day dispute limit on PayPal. So should I wait a couple more days?
Ok here are a few things.
If she is online and on her FB, not replying to you then I would say "hey I'm feeling x______x
And I feel we should a address it."
Let them know you are considering actions if not replied to.
Give like 24-48hours and then file.
I never recommend just opening a dispute, communication is immensely important.
If you don't hear from them sure take action.

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2014, 08:11 PM   #10
Freud
Eva Rider

So I messaged her on all her social media sites about how the 45-day limit is ending soon. It's been days and still no reply. I have two days left. Should I open a dispute now?

Future Cos
Mako Mankanshoku
Asako Natsume
Yosuga Mitsuzaki
Unread 05-07-2014, 08:30 PM   #11
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

If you have given her warning about opening a dispute then yes open one now. It's been a long time.
Unread 05-10-2014, 12:52 AM   #12
Freud
Eva Rider

Things have been resolved. I was able to contact her. Thank you all for your advice. They helped quite a bit!

Future Cos
Mako Mankanshoku
Asako Natsume
Yosuga Mitsuzaki

Last edited by Freud : 05-31-2014 at 05:19 PM.