Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-16-2014, 11:56 PM   #1
Bellopia

CosplaySky/SkyCostume

I thought I'd post this here too, so....

Has anyone ordered from CosplaySky/SkyCostume, from either the online store or ebay? There's a costume I'd like to buy, but I'd hate to be out of money. I've heard they use stolen photos but so far most reviews that I've seen the costume matches the pictures. Most reviews I've seen were good, but I've heard from others it's a hit and miss. CosplaySky was also on a list of suspected Milanoo/Scam sites, but I'm not sure how reliable that list really is. Does anyone have experience with them? Thanks in advance!
Bellopia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-17-2014, 12:32 AM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Are they the same people? I thought cosplaysky and skycosplay were different..Ether way the one specifically known as cosplaysky, steals pics. I know this for a fact. A seller on ebay called Fine Horse 0404 (store name, not username) did Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy 7) stuff that I bought some of. I know for a fact cosplaysky did not offer these items. I had checked them prior as another option, they had none. I bought the items from Fine Horse. About a month later, I saw the items Fine Horse had for sale, now on cosplay sky. They use EVERY picture and watermarked them with their own stuff..I know for a fact that them and hellocosplay have stolen this sellers pictures. I also know the pictures BELONG to Fine Horse because they took progress shots of all 3 of the items I bought.

-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-IF (Hyperdimension neptunia Re;Birth:1)
-Cloud (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Gohan (DBZ SSJ1 Cell Saga beat Up)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #3
Eumelia
MTO Costumes

Usually yeah :S
You can commission me though I assure you we use the best fabrics and high quality tailoring~
Cosplay Emporium is found on facebook im still thinking if I should open a website~

Thanks a bunch~
~ Ibby Mendoza
Unread 03-17-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
Bellopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Are they the same people? I thought cosplaysky and skycosplay were different..Ether way the one specifically known as cosplaysky, steals pics. I know this for a fact. A seller on ebay called Fine Horse 0404 (store name, not username) did Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy 7) stuff that I bought some of. I know for a fact cosplaysky did not offer these items. I had checked them prior as another option, they had none. I bought the items from Fine Horse. About a month later, I saw the items Fine Horse had for sale, now on cosplay sky. They use EVERY picture and watermarked them with their own stuff..I know for a fact that them and hellocosplay have stolen this sellers pictures. I also know the pictures BELONG to Fine Horse because they took progress shots of all 3 of the items I bought.
I thought they were, but I could be mistaken. A video on ebay cosplays mentioned that they were one of the better cosplay sellers on ebay though, and linked to the ebay shop sky costume and the website cosplay sky. Most China based cosplay sellers on ebay use the same exact picture, all watermarked with their respective names like you mentioned. I'm more curious about the quality and accuracy of the products. Thanks for the input!
Unread 03-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #5
Bellopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumelia View Post
Usually yeah :S
You can commission me though I assure you we use the best fabrics and high quality tailoring~
Cosplay Emporium is found on facebook im still thinking if I should open a website~

Thanks a bunch~
~ Ibby Mendoza
I'll definitely look into it! A commission would be preferable over buying off of ebay, but my biggest issue is pricing. I'm a broke college student, and commissions are usually too pricy for me.
Unread 03-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #6
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellopia View Post
I thought they were, but I could be mistaken. A video on ebay cosplays mentioned that they were one of the better cosplay sellers on ebay though, and linked to the ebay shop sky costume and the website cosplay sky. Most China based cosplay sellers on ebay use the same exact picture, all watermarked with their respective names like you mentioned. I'm more curious about the quality and accuracy of the products. Thanks for the input!
Yea, a lot of places do that because they use the same stuff. Like some cosplays will be the same material or something so they use a base image that came from nowhere. But I know for a fact they stole those one s I mentioned. BEcause unlike those base stock images that appeared outta nowhere and no one can trace the original, the seller I used showed me MID commission that they make them by hand. They also showed me the progress at a house on a stool, proving it's a human doing this, and I know it was mine because I asked for a modification they did not offer, and they showed it ON THEIR SHOULDER with the modification done (shoulder armor, it was strapped to a real person's shoulder with a mirror taken picture, like a selfy)
And the pics that seller used on their ads, cosplaysky took them all and claimed them as their oen. I'm pretty sure they are going to look similar, but they will more than likely be really bad and might easily break compared to the real ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellopia View Post
I'll definitely look into it! A commission would be preferable over buying off of ebay, but my biggest issue is pricing. I'm a broke college student, and commissions are usually too pricy for me.
Be carefull. This user has made only 5 posts and each one has been this basic post. They say one sentance about the tpic then self promote. In the past, this has led to scams. Usualy this is a person that will send you to a site that "does commissions" then you get low quality china cosplays and not a real commission.

-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 03-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #7
Eumelia
MTO Costumes

Hey hey we don't make low quality cosplays we do hq only we're not those china sites. That's why I made my shop in the first place to help cosplayers. Even though we're new I'm trusted worldwide and nationwide in our place. Yes we're pricey but hq comes with a price

Sorry if I self promoted my self it's just that 30days thing should be like 5 days
Unread 03-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #8
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumelia View Post
Hey hey we don't make low quality cosplays we do hq only we're not those china sites. That's why I made my shop in the first place to help cosplayers. Even though we're new I'm trusted worldwide and nationwide in our place. Yes we're pricey but hq comes with a price

Sorry if I self promoted my self it's just that 30days thing should be like 5 days
Yea I got your messag before seeing this, but you seem genuine. Which is a good thing. I think it's more that the sel;f promotion looks bad on here is all.

-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 03-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #9
DragonGirl007
Dragon Lover

Well just be careful in any case. There are a crapton of scammers on this site and just about everywhere else. This is why I tend to make connections with friends who know how to sew who I can trust will help me make a quality cosplay, such as what I am doing for my Walter Girl outfit. I networked with some people in the fandom, one of which has a mother who makes costumes... and the rest is history.
Raven - Teen Titans
DragonGirl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #10
Bellopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Yea, a lot of places do that because they use the same stuff. Like some cosplays will be the same material or something so they use a base image that came from nowhere. But I know for a fact they stole those one s I mentioned. BEcause unlike those base stock images that appeared outta nowhere and no one can trace the original, the seller I used showed me MID commission that they make them by hand. They also showed me the progress at a house on a stool, proving it's a human doing this, and I know it was mine because I asked for a modification they did not offer, and they showed it ON THEIR SHOULDER with the modification done (shoulder armor, it was strapped to a real person's shoulder with a mirror taken picture, like a selfy)
And the pics that seller used on their ads, cosplaysky took them all and claimed them as their oen. I'm pretty sure they are going to look similar, but they will more than likely be really bad and might easily break compared to the real ones.

Be carefull. This user has made only 5 posts and each one has been this basic post. They say one sentance about the tpic then self promote. In the past, this has led to scams. Usualy this is a person that will send you to a site that "does commissions" then you get low quality china cosplays and not a real commission.

I hadn't even noticed that! Thanks a ton!
Unread 06-03-2016, 06:16 AM   #11
styleday

You could send them a Email to ask whether they are professional.