Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 188 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 10-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #1531
benihime
Kimono Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Kun View Post
bumping an old thread but oh well.

ordered some swords from them over a month ago. i asked them how long it would take and they said it was a chinese holiday so there was no post at the time. asked later and they claimed they were still on holiday. opened a dispute in paypal yesterday and now they claim their tailor was ill (a tailor who constructs swords) and the swords will arrive on time..

in all honesty i think they're full of crap as the tracking number they've now given me doesn't even work. will post if i get my swords by the end of the week (Y)
sometimes when i order things from japan, the tracking numbers they give me don't work, why don't you email them and ask them? thats the best way before you assume something

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-25-2008, 03:39 AM   #1532
Akashi
ムナクソ悪ィ野郎だぜ

Is this seller okay?
They're located in the United States and I can find no connection to Hong Kong/China/Taiwan/etc.

http://stores.ebay.com/Cos00-Cosplay

The sheer volume of their selection is what makes me suspicious though. It reminds me of the page for superchinaseller (coincidentally mentioned above) who I am not happy with.

AWA 20010
-No idea yet
Akashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 04:42 AM   #1533
Sakky_Uchiha
Issen ai no jinsei yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashi View Post
Is this seller okay?
They're located in the United States and I can find no connection to Hong Kong/China/Taiwan/etc.

http://stores.ebay.com/Cos00-Cosplay

The sheer volume of their selection is what makes me suspicious though. It reminds me of the page for superchinaseller (coincidentally mentioned above) who I am not happy with.
By looking at the feedback of theirs, I don't trust them. They only have 54 feedback. However, you can take a chance if you want, but only if they have the buyers protection thing where you can get your money back. That particular users items, are. And here is the User Agreement thing, if you use paypal. (Keep in mind, this only works for paypal.)
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...ide#pbp-policy
That's the only thing that makes me trust them, since everyone has to start off somewhere, but if you feel uneasy wait for a while until either someone here has had bad business with them.. Or until they get more feedback.
Unread 10-25-2008, 10:37 PM   #1534
Akashi
ムナクソ悪ィ野郎だぜ

It turns out my friend's friend ordered a costume from them and said it looks amazing. Thanks though, I'll continue to look into them.

AWA 20010
-No idea yet
Akashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #1535
Rufus Kun
Chikage Kazuma

Items have arrived in the UK but have now been taken by customs for some reason :/ this is a bloody farce.
Rufus Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 05:20 AM   #1536
Metroidfreak33
Carzed Metroid Fan

I just have a question. I bought a costume off of cosplaymagic.com and when it came there was two like 7 inch pulls in the sleeves. Were trying to talk to customer support but they're barely helping us at all. I'm just worried about how long this will carry out as my convention I'm going to is in like 2 weeks. Has anyone else had any problems with them? How long did it take to get fixed if you fif? Thanks.
Metroidfreak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 07:14 AM   #1537
Zexion_Nobody
The Cloaked Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceBlack View Post
Greetings,
I've been lurking around here for quite some time, so I've registered to give everyone a Heads up. Also I have an Inquiry about a commissioner as well.

First off,
I know that there has been horror stories about china sellers, but this is just awful. I'm tempted to NEVER buy anything from a china seller again.
The ebay user name is Cosplay_oh
I ordered a Tifa and Sora costume, about a YEAR ago. Spent about 300 dollars for both. I originally sent out to get the Tifa and then I bought A Sora costume alittle later on.
The costumes never arrived, the seller never answered my emails. When they did, he was rude and he claimed I never sent a payment and asked repeatedly when I sent it. I sent him a screenshot of the payment then he disappeared again. I filed a claim on them by paypal and after going after them for weeks he contacts me and says the costumes were shipped out. Guess what, they NEVER came. He still never answers my emails and I've just gotten frustrated over this thing. I know I should have gotten my money back before a month was over, but I didn't suspect anything until he stopped answering my emails, which was after I gave him my second payment for sora . -___- I wish paypal had better protection against this kind of thing. All in all, Beware of Cosplay_Oh!

Also I had an Inquiry about, "Amythest Angel" Has anyone bought anything from her? her work looks spectacular!

Also, I was looking through this thread, and the creator is banned? What for? That worries me a bit, could someone explain to me? If not, I understand I don't want to reopen any drama. ^^;;

You're not the only one. I spent $166.00 on an Organization XIII Cloak from Cosplay_Oh through a money order, and he barely replied to my emails. Missed a con because it did not come in either. He even said the same thing when he did reply, that he did not "recieve payment". So I had to go to the post office and trace the money order. Luckily, I got it back, and had to get a cheaper one. I bought it through someone named Dennis Lee, and even though its not the greatest one, He is true to his word and sent it out immediately. In any case, stay away from Cosplay_Oh. There's nothing better than something you know you are getting, or make yourself. I really should of read this post before sending it out to them... DX
Zexion_Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 12:17 PM   #1538
SakuraxHaruno
Issen ai no jinsei yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroidfreak33 View Post
I just have a question. I bought a costume off of cosplaymagic.com and when it came there was two like 7 inch pulls in the sleeves. Were trying to talk to customer support but they're barely helping us at all. I'm just worried about how long this will carry out as my convention I'm going to is in like 2 weeks. Has anyone else had any problems with them? How long did it take to get fixed if you fif? Thanks.
I've bought from them, and didn't have a problem. However, did you read their return policy? Sometimes places don't do exchanges, so that may be while they aren't helping. It's best to know this stuff before you buy from some place.
Unread 10-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #1539
ExplodingClay
Overdramatic weirdo :D

Deep Dive Riku Coat

Hey there This most likely isnt the place to ask... Yeah i dont think it is.. But anyway.

Basically I'm just wondering if this seller can be trusted. lol. I'm looking to buy this, http://cgi.ebay.com/Organization-XII...QQcmdZViewItem

Has anyone bought any of their costumes before? They seem to have pretty good feedback. But i was still just wondering if anyone has bought anything from them.

Thankss!
ExplodingClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2008, 06:22 PM   #1540
Rufus Kun
Chikage Kazuma

right. received the items and i have to say, I'm impressed. the quality + price are really good so all in all, if you have the time go with cos00, they're legit
Rufus Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #1541
gwendolynbby

Question Ebay Seller Tssy2005's Sailor Moon costumes?

After doing a search I've seen that a lot of people post topics on Ebay sellers and seeing as how I have questions of my own I decided to as well. If this is posted in the wrong place, please let me know : )

I'm looking for a Sailor Moon costume and I found one by Tssy2005 that I love. A LOT of people HIGHLY recommend Tssy2005 as an Ebay seller. What wasn't answered though was the quality of the costumes - the only comments made was that it had fast shipping. So hopefully someone on here has ordered a Sailor Moon costume from Tssy2005 and can help me answer these questions:

How is the quality and fit of the costume? I've been reading a lot that some costumes you buy are okay for premade costumes, but YOU have to go back and add onto it to give it the little details and also fix the fit.

The photo you see on the Ebay page - is that what the costume actually looked like when you got it? I read that a lot of Ebay sellers use pictures of costumes that are not theirs, so when a customer orders one when they finally recieve it it's not what it looked like online.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fa_1_sbl.jpg (21.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by gwendolynbby : 11-02-2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Major spelling errors.
gwendolynbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2008, 08:59 AM   #1542
gwendolynbby

It seems when I edit my old post I can't add more attached files, so here in this one I sent the other verions of Sailor Moon costumes she has that I like.

Edit: The question above about what they really look like is fairly important because going through Tssy2005's store there are different varations of the Sailor Moon costume and some I like - others I deffinitly don't. AND a few of them are photos that a lotttt of other Sailor Moon costume selling ebayers use. So... what exactly do hers look like?

In the first post with that attachment I like that one. In this post the two attachments, I don't like the one titled "Second", but I like the one titled "Third".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg second.jpg (23.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg third.jpg (30.9 KB, 0 views)
gwendolynbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2008, 09:38 PM   #1543
Taliesin

I did a little more snooping around the Milanoo website, trying to find out more about them and "Cosplay Show," the company that makes their costumes.

As I was looking around different cosplay sites I realized that several of them were using the same photographs for their costumes; this sent up a red flag for me, since there was a huge difference in the prices being charged for what were presumably the same costumes. So, I emailed the different sites to find out what they had to say. Here's the email I sent on October 21 '08:

Quote:
Hello,

I am interested in getting a price quote for a custom cosplay commission. First, however, I hope you can help me to understand which companies you are connected with and where your costumes really do come from.

I have been looking at many different websites to find the best place to order a costume, but sometimes the same costumes are sold in different places and I am becoming confused. For example, the same pictures of a costume from .Hack//G.U. appear on four different sites that I have visited, and all for different prices:

Here at Cosplaystation, sold for $239.99: http://cosplaystation.ca/cos0210.html

Here at Solgoo.com, sold for $129.99: http://solgoo.com/index.php?productID=7610

At Milanoo.com, sold for $149.99: http://www.milanoo.com/en/thing/Hack...m-id-2653.html

Also, here at Cosplay Show, listed for 420 RMB which is only about 55 USD: http://en.cosplayshow.com/commodities_show.php?id=221

Obviously these prices are very different, but the pictures of the cosplay are clearly the same; why such a great difference?

Now, on the websites Milanoo.com and Cosplayshow.com, the pictures say they are property of Cosplay Show. On the Solgoo website it says they belong to Cosinfinity. And on the Cosplaystation website the pictures only say "Cosplay Station." Because of this, I don't know who truly makes these costumes and which websites are selling them for real. The cosinfinity website indicates that solgoo.com is a "certified online retailer," but what about milanoo.com and cosplaystation.com?

I am concerned about ordering at this time because I know there are some websites that will steal pictures from other companies and use them to trick customers, so I appreciate your help in finding out which websites are trustworthy. I will be sending a copy of this email message to each of the websites I listed above, so that each company has an opportunity to respond. I admire the quality of the costumes I have seen on these websites very much, so I hope that I am able to do business with you soon.

Thank you for your time,

Matthew
A little over an hour later, I received this response from Milanoo:

Quote:
Dear Matthew,

How are you?

This is Steven Shi, the manager of customer service department of Milanoo.

Thank you so much for taking so much of concern for the price comparison among the cosplay websites. And here I can assure that we make the costume totally based on what been displayed on the picture and with quality guarantee.

If you like to figure out if Milanoo is the most trustworthy among the sites, why not place an order and let us make one and ship it to you?

Look forward to hearing from you in very soon.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us via:
e-mail: order@milanoo.com or service@milanoo.com
Live chat: milanooservice@hotmail.com

Thank you again for visiting Milanoo

With best regards

Steven Shi
MILANOO(HK)Co.,LIMITED.
Copyright Notice @ 2008 Milanoo.com All rights reserved.
A very polite response but frankly didn't quite answer my question, since what I was really trying to figure out was the connection between the different websites and by whom the costumes are actually manufactured. Maybe my original email was a little too complex? I do have a tendency to talk too much. In any case, "place an order and THEN you'll see if we're legit" was not exactly the response I was going for.

The next day I had this answer from Solgoo:

Quote:
Hell,

We are partner with Milanoo and Cosplay Show, we share pictures together with each other. We put our pictures together, in order to increase our products quantities. It is just business corperation .

solgoo
I'm assuming they meant "hello" rather than "hell..." Anyway this at least gave a better idea of what's going on. It's worth noting that the email address this one came from is sales@cosinfinity.com, but it's signed by Solgoo so I think it's safe to say that those two are, for all intents and purposes, the same entity.

In spite of receiving two emails from cosplaystation since 10/21 about another question, I didn't receive an answer from them regarding this particular topic. I've also had no response from Cosplay Show.

Hopefully some of this information will be helpful to you. I'm still not quite sure what I'm going to do with it myself. If I ever hear back from Cosplay Station or Cosplay Show, I'll add an update here. I get the impression that Milanoo, Solgoo, and Cosplay Station are all legitimate, but I'm still a little unclear on the difference between Cosinfinity and Cosplay Show, since these seem to be the companies that actually MAKE the cosplays- but which one do the pictures belong to? I can't really say. If anything, I'm tempted to go through Milanoo because it seems like they have the quickest communication and the greatest number of ways to contact them; Solgoo, however, had some of the lowest prices and seems to be directly connected with the manufacturer, so perhaps that's the better option.

If anyone has any input to add, please do. And again, I hope someone will find this helpful!

Rockman, "The Point"
Taliesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2008, 01:57 AM   #1544
Winter Divinity
夢は永遠に反響する

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
I did a little more snooping around the Milanoo website, trying to find out more about them and "Cosplay Show," the company that makes their costumes.

Hopefully some of this information will be helpful to you. I'm still not quite sure what I'm going to do with it myself. If I ever hear back from Cosplay Station or Cosplay Show, I'll add an update here. I get the impression that Milanoo, Solgoo, and Cosplay Station are all legitimate, but I'm still a little unclear on the difference between Cosinfinity and Cosplay Show, since these seem to be the companies that actually MAKE the cosplays- but which one do the pictures belong to? I can't really say. If anything, I'm tempted to go through Milanoo because it seems like they have the quickest communication and the greatest number of ways to contact them; Solgoo, however, had some of the lowest prices and seems to be directly connected with the manufacturer, so perhaps that's the better option.

If anyone has any input to add, please do. And again, I hope someone will find this helpful!
All those cosplay webstores you listed do not actually make their costumes. They have a wholesaler overseas (ie, China) and they all get their product from the same source. When they offer "custom made" cosplays, all they do is place a new order from their source. That is why you see the same pictures. They use the manufacturer's stock photos. All in all, they are legit companies, but beware that the quality of mass produced costumes are very questionable.
Winter Divinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2008, 05:43 AM   #1545
Taliesin

Thanks, Wintress! Yes, all these companies are based in China according to their respective websites. Solgoo and Milanoo make no secret of the fact that they are re-sellers, as they sell other things besides cosplay costumes, I just couldn't quite figure out who they were getting them from. Thanks for the info, the photos look quite nice but as you point out, being mass produced they might not be of such good quality.

I think you've just helped me make my decision about where I'll be commissioning my upcoming cosplay- and it's not any of the sites above.

Rockman, "The Point"
Taliesin is offline   Reply With Quote