Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 176 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 04-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #1696
rabiazeph
DreamyIlia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakkyxHaruno View Post
Alright. Thanks. xP

&& Cog Marc, or whatever.. >_> They are really good to buy from. However, the short wigs, end up usually being too short sadly. But they are still great to buy from in my opinion.
As long as they are Legit <3!
I'll have to remember not to order any short wigs from there.
That actually works out pretty well as I was planning to buy a long wig from them this time ^^.

Animethon 18:
Clue: A Lady Soldier
Clue: @#$% TEA
Clue: ...What the hell is that

AN 2013:
WE JUST DON'T KNOW
???
rabiazeph is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #1697
SakkyxHaruno
ClownxPrincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabiazeph View Post
As long as they are Legit <3!
I'll have to remember not to order any short wigs from there.
That actually works out pretty well as I was planning to buy a long wig from them this time ^^.
Oh, that's good then. xP
The only way the short wigs would work, is if you bought two, and took apart one, and sewn the tracks to the other wig. (It's easier than you think) But that means it'd be a little pricey, depending on the wig.
{Cosplays in progress}
Rogue (X-Men) 50% - Sylveon (Pokémon Gijinka) 65% - Black Cat (The Amazing Spider-Man) 60%
SakkyxHaruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 03:17 AM   #1698
Saralegui

Hi,
Just wondering about where I can get a reliable/decent Kadaj Cosplay using a budget of $130 USD only. I've looked into this forum, and am rather paranoid now about various sellers ~ XD ~ but buyer beware I guess ~ ^_^''

Anywho, I've looked into Lotahk, but I have my quirks (I suppose it's because she auctions her work and I'm too paranoid ontop of that, but who the hell wouldn't be?), I've been looking around on Ebay, and there is a nice few Kadaj cosplays, but I am super worried about buying. Like San-Market (Cosplay World apparently? Ughh, why does it have to be them, yeah, I herd about them being untrustworthy).
Cosplayweiwei & Coskingdom on Ebay = any advise on those two?
If you guys could make some recommendations for random/reasonable/trustworthy commissioners that are not too expensive & you like the work of, I'd appreciate it ~
If you yourself are a commissioner, I'd like to hear from you.
Saralegui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #1699
Kitsune-sama
The Hot Glue Queen

Saralegui:
Cosplayweiwei was great when I bought a cosplay a year or two ago from them, I can't say it's the same now, it may or may not be. Lotahk is good, but not a hundred percent accurate. Sorry I can't provide much more, just a little personal experience.
Kitsune-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #1700
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saralegui View Post
Hi,
Just wondering about where I can get a reliable/decent Kadaj Cosplay using a budget of $130 USD only. I've looked into this forum, and am rather paranoid now about various sellers ~ XD ~ but buyer beware I guess ~ ^_^''
Place an ad in the Marketplace to see who bites. I don't know if you'll be able to get it for $130 without going to an overseas commissioner, but it may be possible.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #1701
SakkyxHaruno
ClownxPrincess

Quote:
Hi,

Anywho, I've looked into Lotahk, but I have my quirks (I suppose it's because she auctions her work and I'm too paranoid ontop of that, but who the hell wouldn't be?), I've been looking around on Ebay, and there is a nice few Kadaj cosplays, but I am super worried about buying. Like San-Market (Cosplay World apparently? Ughh, why does it have to be them, yeah, I herd about them being untrustworthy).
Cosplayweiwei & Coskingdom on Ebay = any advise on those two?
If you guys could make some recommendations for random/reasonable/trustworthy commissioners that are not too expensive & you like the work of, I'd appreciate it ~
If you yourself are a commissioner, I'd like to hear from you.
I bought a wig from Cosplayweiwei, and well.. It wasn't like the picture. But they gave me half of my money back and let me keep the wig. So it really depends. Some things they are honest about and some aren't. Other than that, I think they are great to buy from because they fix mistakes.
{Cosplays in progress}
Rogue (X-Men) 50% - Sylveon (Pokémon Gijinka) 65% - Black Cat (The Amazing Spider-Man) 60%
SakkyxHaruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #1702
Saralegui

@Kitsune-sama: That sounds reassuring, it gives me some hope! 8D
@Tigress: Can't post there until I am a member for 30 days and have 10 posts ~ ;_; ~ Argh, that's what I get for not signing up a few years ago! It doesn't bother me buying from the US, just costs more on my part cause I live in Aust + I don't know of any Australian Commissioners on top of that, so I'm always looking at US sellers. Just wish some weren't so pricey. Eeek!
@SakkyxHaruno: Ooh, that's very nice of them, I will certainly be considering them after hearing that!

Thanks all ~ hopefully I will be able to nab me a Kadaj cosplay after all! ~ *A*
Unread 04-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #1703
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
@Tigress: Can't post there until I am a member for 30 days and have 10 posts ~ ;_; ~ Argh, that's what I get for not signing up a few years ago! It doesn't bother me buying from the US, just costs more on my part cause I live in Aust + I don't know of any Australian Commissioners on top of that, so I'm always looking at US sellers. Just wish some weren't so pricey. Eeek!
Ah. US commissioners are pricey, mostly because we have a higher standard of living and depend on it, at least in part, to maintain it.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 06:13 AM   #1704
ChiiruChan
BlazBlue Lover

Question Where can I buy good Sailor Senshi Cosplay?

I was wondering. Has anyone ACTUALLY gotten a good Sailor Senshi outfit from eBay? Also, if not ebay, where is a good place to get a Sailor Moon costume? (In particular I want to do Venus.) The price range I'm looking for is about $100 minus the shoes. :3 I already know a good place for tiaras.
ChiiruChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 02:45 AM   #1705
karumiou
Takoyaki Addict

Wow, this thread is massive. I'm sure the ebay store Cosplayying had been discussed, and I'm here to give it a MASSIVE THUMBS DOWN.

I bought a Organization XIII coat from them after looking through their feedback. I gave very careful exact measurements, and the coat I receive was totally off the chart of what is considered acceptable margin of error. The sleeves are about 5" too long, and about 12"+ drags on the floor. Every other measurements was about 10 sizes too big. And I'm not exaggerating here, some parts were about 25" too big. You gotta wonder wtf are they smoking.

I wrote a polite email to them noting the size discrepancy and attached photographs documenting my claim, which they promptly ignored for weeks until I filed a Paypal claim. Then they tried to come up with many excuses to refuse a full refund. I hope I get my money back eventually...-__-;;

So, in conclusion, stay away from Cosplayying. It's not worth the chance of being screwed over like this.
karumiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 02:54 AM   #1706
Saralegui

Quote:
Wow, this thread is massive. I'm sure the ebay store Cosplayying had been discussed, and I'm here to give it a MASSIVE THUMBS DOWN.

I bought a Organization XIII coat from them after looking through their feedback. I gave very careful exact measurements, and the coat I receive was totally off the chart of what is considered acceptable margin of error. The sleeves are about 5" too long, and about 12"+ drags on the floor. Every other measurements was about 10 sizes too big. And I'm not exaggerating here, some parts were about 25" too big. You gotta wonder wtf are they smoking.

I wrote a polite email to them noting the size discrepancy and attached photographs documenting my claim, which they promptly ignored for weeks until I filed a Paypal claim. Then they tried to come up with many excuses to refuse a full refund. I hope I get my money back eventually...-__-;;

So, in conclusion, stay away from Cosplayying. It's not worth the chance of being screwed over like this.
Now I'm scared ~ Maybe I should get the Kadaj cosplay from Coskingdom after all. They've gotten a lot of good feedback and it's cheaper. I suppose it's a bonus I was aiming for them anyway as their work was more appealing ~ XD ~ ???
Ahhh ~ !! ~ I need to get PayPal!!
Unread 04-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #1707
rainbowonigiri

Bumping extremely old thread but does anyone know what the shipping cost is for them? On their eBay it's easy to see but as far as their website-store, I can't find it anywhere, not even in their FAQ (since nothing shows up on the page). D: Is the shipping price already included in the price for each costume?
rainbowonigiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #1708
camellia_ruth

I was thinking from this person

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sailor-Moon-Cosp...QQcmdZViewItem

They offer refund or alteration if it doesn't fit.. only if you show a picture with a measuring tape.

I had also seen one that offers a refund for any reason but can't find them again or I didn't like the version of the costume.

I was wanting to know about some reviews of ebay sailor moon costumes as well.
camellia_ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 04:37 PM   #1709
aoiinu110021

Is this a reliable seller?

I was wondering if anyone ahs purchased a cosplay from this site. I was thinking of getting something from here due to the low prices,but I'm not sure. I wouldn't want to buy anything and get ripped off. Th reviews are mixed,but mostly good. Help? The link is listed below.
http://www.allanimedvd.com/otheritems.htm#
aoiinu110021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #1710
TENSHl

Has anyone heard about Gneila from Beyond the Reflection?
Are they any good? They offered me a cheap amount of money for a cosplay, but I'm still not sure. Any help is greatly appreciated! ^^

Lightning Guardian Corps Ver- 15%
Lightning Aya Brea Ver -15%
Lightning FFXIII Ver - 95%
Charlotte - 70%
Seven from T-0 - 30%
Chell - 30%

---------------------------
Cons:

Anime Expo 2012
Fanime 2012

TENSHl is offline   Reply With Quote