Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 198 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 06-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #166
Master__Arucard
Prop Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikminLink
Ok..this isnt about a commissioner but instead a buyer.

Id like everyone to be carefull with 'Moose' or shelly

At first she had a commission myspace up and copied all my text from my commission site, well....heres most of the problems in this journal:
http://community.livejournal.com/cos...ts/218910.html
but after said all that was her sisters doing.
She emailed me appologizing, but then I told her Id like to talk with her sister in person about this whole deal (since she said it was her who did it) But I never got a reply about that. So maybe she lied about her sister? I dont know.

But anyway she commissioned a few things from me (before the whole scammer problem happened), which we are still working on, and last night I get an email from paypal about a paypal charge back. The money she paid for a sword, she charged back onto her credit card yesterday, With no email notices or nothing. Because of this I will not continue her commission even if she sends the money back I will refund it, I dont want to deal with people who do this kind of thing, and instead I will sell it when we feel like finishing it.

So be carefull with buyers too, not just sellers!
Sorry ya got nailed like that, I found out that bout 60% of people who comissions somthing are trying to figure out a way to get their money back, that's one of the reasons i only take checks and money orders; pay pal is way too easy to pull back your money.

But thanks for the warning ^_^
Master__Arucard is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-03-2006, 04:58 PM   #167
SakuraNeko

Mousy

Don't hire a girl named Mousy (I know there are many that go by that name but this one will say she made her friend a Kagura Sohma costume). I am that friend and was upset by the amount of time (Four Months) and disappointed by the results. http://pics.livejournal.com/siralanna/gallery/00002pdz I posted pictures of some of the mistakes. Some of the pictures didn't come out well so those are the ones that did.
SakuraNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2006, 09:57 PM   #168
AnnAnime

ooohhh What did she commission from you pikmin?

I have had problems with customers too but it was never for stealing pictures. Most of the time for me it's people trying to get a free costume or prop.
Unread 06-03-2006, 10:34 PM   #169
PikminLink
The Hero of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnAnime
ooohhh What did she commission from you pikmin?

I have had problems with customers too but it was never for stealing pictures. Most of the time for me it's people trying to get a free costume or prop.

it was a sword from some anime, and she told me to take my time since she doesnt need it for a specific date, but reversed the payment last night, and sent no emails, so i dont know whats going on, but she isnt gonna get a free prop that way. but still. eh oh well. i can probably sell it for more on ebay when finished. LOL

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" - Shigeru Miyamoto

~Pikminlink.com my website.
~Facebook my facebook
PikminLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2006, 03:25 PM   #170
Mimette
Mistress Citrus

I know I am a bit late on this (been super busy) but the honestdragon seller on ebay has had some auctions pulled because of image theft. She ripped off one of my designs once and I caught it and alerted ebay to it and they pulled the auction. When she tried to repost it, ebay pulled it again and I finally sent her a cease and decist notice about it and I never saw it up again. It is because of this that I have never EVER put one of my personal designs on ebay. If she sees it, she will take it, slap her name on it and then try to claim it as her own work when it OBVIOUSLY isn't.
Mimette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2006, 05:34 PM   #171
AnnAnime

I know the feeling all too well of cosplayers who try to get a free costume or prop. I have had quite a few incidents where the cosplayer wanted me to send their costume or prop without them paying the rest of what they owe. This really annoyes me.

Anyway when you list the sword can you please PM me the link?

Quote:
it was a sword from some anime, and she told me to take my time since she doesnt need it for a specific date, but reversed the payment last night, and sent no emails, so i dont know whats going on, but she isnt gonna get a free prop that way. but still. eh oh well. i can probably sell it for more on ebay when finished. LOL
Unread 06-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #172
ashleyohtori
The Goblin King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimette
I know I am a bit late on this (been super busy) but the honestdragon seller on ebay has had some auctions pulled because of image theft. She ripped off one of my designs once and I caught it and alerted ebay to it and they pulled the auction. When she tried to repost it, ebay pulled it again and I finally sent her a cease and decist notice about it and I never saw it up again. It is because of this that I have never EVER put one of my personal designs on ebay. If she sees it, she will take it, slap her name on it and then try to claim it as her own work when it OBVIOUSLY isn't.
Man, that's horrible. I wouldn't mind if honestdragonchina asked people before they remade designs and GAVE CREDIT to the designs to their repectful owners. But since they don't, that should be some copyright issues...especially from professional stores....???
Unread 06-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #173
Mimette
Mistress Citrus

Well that is another problem, this person is actually trying to claim that these designs are their own in some instances when they are obviously not. Unfortunately ebay absolutely refuses to do anything about it because as long as they make their dime in the end they couldn't care less.
Mimette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2006, 06:22 AM   #174
AnnAnime

I think what's wrong is stealing someone's picture and claiming they made the costume when they didn't.

As far as Copying a way to make a costume, prop and so on is ot really hurting anything because there are lots of different ways to sew and everyone copies somebody at some point.

Someone started it at somepoint then someone coppied them and so on.

But what is wrong no matter what is someone who steals someone's pictures of a costume and saying that they made it when in fact they didn't.

Another thing I hate is when someone will get a commission done, then claim they made the costume without permission of saying so from the commissioner. I wouldn't mind too much for good reason if they said that as long as they asked me instead of just doing it.

I have never had any problems with someone stealing my pictures but I do run into those few cosplayers that want a cheaply made prop or costume and expect to get something REALLY awesome for little money.

But I always run into people who expect to pay $60 for a full costume.
I did have one girl that wanted a Sailor Mars costume and she agreed on my price but she never sent the money for materials like I told her to, then she emails me asking me if I started the costume yet. How ignorant... I sent her an email in return saying that I'm not going to spend money out of my own pocket to make her costume and that she has to pay the amount I told her to pay for materials before I will begin.

I never heard from her again.
Unread 06-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #175
Rain Miko
I wanna be your prince!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnAnime
But I always run into people who expect to pay $60 for a full costume.
I did have one girl that wanted a Sailor Mars costume and she agreed on my price but she never sent the money for materials like I told her to, then she emails me asking me if I started the costume yet. How ignorant... I sent her an email in return saying that I'm not going to spend money out of my own pocket to make her costume and that she has to pay the amount I told her to pay for materials before I will begin.

I never heard from her again.
I've had instances liek that, too. Only this was for a costume accessory. The person IM'ed me with: "Can I see a progress shot?"

I was stunned.

Firstly, they hadn't sent me ANY payment or confirmation that they'd pay me, and secondly, it was NOT a cheap accessory. Then they all of a sudden think I'll pay for it (so that they can run away after I ship it).
Rain Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2006, 07:18 PM   #176
MistyKat

Quote:
But anyway she commissioned a few things from me (before the whole scammer problem happened), which we are still working on, and last night I get an email from paypal about a paypal charge back. The money she paid for a sword, she charged back onto her credit card yesterday, With no email notices or nothing. Because of this I will not continue her commission even if she sends the money back I will refund it, I dont want to deal with people who do this kind of thing, and instead I will sell it when we feel like finishing it.
That's actually sad. It seems that the wonderful Moose also pulled this on Katie Bair:

http://www.pettingzoowigs.com/forums...opic.php?t=501

Sigh. I just started taking wig commissions, and things have been going great... but it's no wonder that a few people have seemed mildly surprised when I sent them completed photos of the wigs... on time. >.>
Unread 06-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #177
PikminLink
The Hero of Time

Quote:
Ok..this isnt about a commissioner but instead a buyer.

Id like everyone to be carefull with 'Moose' or shelly

At first she had a commission myspace up and copied all my text from my commission site, well....heres most of the problems in this journal:
http://community.livejournal.com/cos...ts/218910.html
but after said all that was her sisters doing.
She emailed me appologizing, but then I told her Id like to talk with her sister in person about this whole deal (since she said it was her who did it) But I never got a reply about that. So maybe she lied about her sister? I dont know.

So be carefull with buyers too, not just sellers!

Ok. to add to this. I dont know what the buyer was thinking but she wrote me an email asking me if the item is done, because she needs it this month, even after she charged the money back to her credit card.
So commissioners beware

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" - Shigeru Miyamoto

~Pikminlink.com my website.
~Facebook my facebook
PikminLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2006, 02:23 PM   #178
Scrapped Neko
Curiosity killed this cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimette
Just wanted to thank you for posting that. I've been wondering about that HonestDragon seller for a bit now. I was even considering bidding on one of her auctions. I had reservations about her, so I resisted the urge. I'm glad I did now. I had a feeling there was something off…the way I see it, if someone has to announce they're honest in their name, then they're probably trying to hide something.
Unread 06-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #179
AnnAnime

What I would do is keep the item they commissioned and then sell it to someone else because that is just rude!

I had a guy to commission a prop from me and he wanted a cheap but good prop and only wanted to spend like $50 on it. Well I said how about $55 and so he agreed and paid me like $27.50 for it and so I made it at the last minute because I had soo many other commissions to fill and I would have gotten it there on time but he IMs me the day I get it done and is Very rude to me. He called me names and I was telling him that if I mailed it Express that it would get there in time but no He starts calling me woman and says that the mail doesn't get there until 3:00pm. I tried to explain to him that UPS is different than USPS. Then he gets all frustrated with me telling him this that he just says to mail it and Sends out a "Item Not Recieved" Dispute on paypal. He only paid me $27.50 (or something like that) and never even paid the rest.

Then the next day before I set out to mail it off he IM's me and Curses me out. I would have mailed it out Express but he was soo rude to me that I mailed it for what he paid for because I made no money off of it and I actually lost money.

I have this prop up on my site too and underneath I explain that it's what you will get for paying really cheap. I also have the materials to make a really nice one so people can see the differences of what they'll get for paying cheap and for paying the money to have a nice one.

This really gets on my nerves!

I'm sorry I just had to bring that up in case any other commissioner has this problem.

Last edited by AnnAnime : 06-06-2006 at 06:25 PM.
AnnAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2006, 05:45 AM   #180
UviB
Common sense, you has it?

Quote:
Ok. to add to this. I dont know what the buyer was thinking but she wrote me an email asking me if the item is done, because she needs it this month, even after she charged the money back to her credit card.
So commissioners beware

She has done the same thing to Katie Bair (Moose is now the first person to go up on Katie's Wall of Shame) http://www.pettingzoowigs.com/forums...opic.php?t=501