Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 117 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 06-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #1816
RedSonya
The Master of Magnetism

Is this commissioner/seller reliable thread

I've noticed lately of the overflow of requests of "Is this commissioner/seller reliable?" in the Costume Commissioners Not to go to thread. For organizational purposes, post your questions here and do not flood the Commissioners NOT to go to thread with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexion.6 View Post
I don't know if this really belongs here, but i was wondering if this site is reliable
http://www.fan-store.net/servlet/the...-School/Detail
I wanna buy the uniform they have (the one in the link), but I don't know if they're reliable. >_<

Yes, Fansplusfriend is a very reliable site. Their quality is great and they are one of the better quality chinese commissioners/sellers out there. I definitely recommend them.

Cosplay Plannage
Quorra(Tron Legacy)
Female Ghost (Starcraft II)
Four Eyes (Resident Evil: U.S.S Delta Squad)
Samantha Byrne (Gears of War)
Zatanna (DC Comics)
Kasumi Goto (ME 2)
RedSonya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #1817
lynnafred
The Pioneer of Crumpets

Would you happen to know anything about CarrotAnime? I was thinking of commissioning something from them.
lynnafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #1818
Cilicia

Yes, is CarrotAnime legit? I ordered something from them and they seem very legit, but just making sure!
Cilicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #1819
VickyBunnyAngel
Puchuu

In addition, everyone should check out The Commissioner/Merchant Review thread
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=105758
Kanira has done an excellent job in keeping it updated over the years.

Please contribute to the review thread as well, so everyone can benefit from some honest opinions.

Emerald Scorpion Creations
2012 Upcoming conventions: G-Anime, Katsucon, Con-G, Anime North, Otakuthon, Fan Expo, Youmacon

Costumes 2012: Yuuko (xxxHolic), Miku (Alice Human Sacrifice Vocaloid), V-13 (Blazblue), Homura (Puella Magi Madoka Magica), Ninian (Fire Emblem), La Noire Musketeer (Granado Espada)

Watch me on deviantART: http://vickybunnyangel.deviantart.com/

Join me at Costume Con 32 in Toronto!
VickyBunnyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 02:53 AM   #1820
meepstio
jini;♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roleplaywulf View Post
Anyone ever bought a wig from the Ebay Seller 'CosplayHolic', or a name similar to that? I want to know your opinions on this seller, on behalf of a friend of mine.
Beware of the photos they put up with the models, those are NOT the same costume they're selling. I know since I asked for a photo of the costume without the model and they gave me a completely different stock photo. I told them it's not the same costume in their listing and they never replied. I'm not sure about their wigs, but I wouldn't bother with sellers like that who steal cosplayers' photos.
Upcoming cons: Otakon
Ashe (LOL), Sailor Mercury, Bulma/Chun-li
meepstio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 08:00 AM   #1821
Nekko
Future Companion

There is already a thread for this in the spam section. Go there if you need help.
Nekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #1822
Roleplaywulf
Cosplay is good eats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekko View Post
There is already a thread for this in the spam section. Go there if you need help.
Ditto. Thats why the search function is there as well.

Wulf ||| DeviantART

«Next Convention» Ohayocon
«Finished»
Toon Wolf Link (retired)
«In Progress» Klonoa, Um Jammer Lammy, Josh (SH5)
«Planning/ On Hold» Toon Link, Lucas, Donald, Midna
Roleplaywulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #1823
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roleplaywulf View Post
Ditto. Thats why the search function is there as well.
I'm inclined to agree, we don't need any more stickied threads in this forum, and the search function can be used for looking up any previous comments made in the Commissioners NOT to go to thread.

It doesn't matter if that thread gets cluttered, it's not an organized thread anyways, and the search function works just as well no matter how many posts there are if the right query is entered. We've always used it as a 'is this site/commissioner reliable' thread, that's what it's for, the review thread is for cataloged bad reviews, commissioners NOT to go to is for discussion about specific businesses/commissioners, I don't see what purpose having separate threads will achieve, most people here wouldn't take notice and would post in the original thread anyways. *shrugs*
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #1824
tereshkova2001

I bought a Doctor Who suit and coat from them, and it is fantastic. It's well made, perfectly fitted, and almost perfectly screen accurate. I definitely recommend them.
tereshkova2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2009, 04:18 AM   #1825
PaperShredder
the music tard

What size should I buy?

Mmkay, so my next cosplay is going to be Komui Lee (D.Gray-Man), and I can't sew, so I'm buying it off ebay. I've found a really nice one, but it's not tailored, so I have to choose a size. I'm pretty thin for my height, so I'm having trouble deciding. I'm about 5' 5" and I'm 25" around the smallest part of my waist O.o"... The sizes I'm debating on are a men's XS, a men's S, and a women's M.

-The men's XS is recomended for 5' 4", so that's one inch short, but the rest of the measurements would fit me.

-The men's S is recomended for 5' 7", so it'd be a little long, and the other measurements are also a bit big

-The women's M is recomended for 5' 4", so that's a bit short, but the other measurements are a bit big, so that one probably won't be the best choice

I'd like to hear your opinions! Here's a link so you can look if you'd like [link]

Thanks! <3
Unread 06-14-2009, 07:06 AM   #1826
han-pan

Consider how well you'd like it to fit. I'm guessing it is just the coat. If you would be bothered by having short arms, then it might not be good to go with the shorter fit. If it would really bother you to have long arms, and slightly baggier fit otherwise, the S might work. Also, if you really want it to fit well, consider purchasing the S (which has all bigger sizes) and taking it to a tailor. You'll have to pay the tailor to fit the coat to you, but it could be worth it. =) Hope that helps!

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2009, 01:09 AM   #1827
Mehmi
ara doumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Althena
Has anyone purchased from KIDS-Charissa on ebay? Her wigs look very nice and the prices are good but I always have some doubts about ebay when it comes to cosplay. I've had good experiences with Refusal to be Usual however for visual kei clothing ^_^

ive bought from these guys just recently and the wig was exactly like the images. unfortunately i dont think she speaks english very well as the communication when i asked for a custom wig was difficult to understand.

Ive also bought a azumanga daioh cosplay (in fact, 6 of them XD) from HonestDragonChina.. they were great, accurate to what we wanted, as far as we know, no errors in size either!

Does anyone know if Cosplay House is any good?
Mehmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2009, 02:42 AM   #1828
Ayln

I think the Men's XS would work better for you - height is sometimes less important than overall fit, and if it's going to be long as well as too baggy, I'd go with the smaller size. It looks like they also make costumes to order, so if you specify that you'd like the XS but a bit longer, they might be able to accommodate you. Best of luck =)
Ayln is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #1829
April Ryan

I bought a Lightning - Final Fantasy XIII Costume from ebay seller honestdragonchina recently. I didn't plan to use the vest from them, but everything else (the vest I bought from tssy2005). Well... the costume did fit great and you will get what you see on the pictures - not more - but also not less.

Okay, the gloves were not really... that accurate If you know what I mean ^^ They were useless. But everything else was very nice.

As I wrote before, the vest I bought from ebay seller tssy2005 - it's amazing! Looks like the picture and is really good quality! It was very nice to see the difference between this one and the vest from honestdragonchina. The only bad thing on the vest was, that it had a little stain in the front - but I was able to clean that.

Tssy2005 also made the red cape, the shirt and the skirt for me (the skirt was shit - the one from honestdragonchina is SOOOO much better ). The shirt was very cool - so was the red cape too!

The wig for my Lightning costume I bought from ebay seller greatarchy09 - don't buy it there - it's too much cut in the front and doesn't look good at all! That's sad, because the color of the wig is perfect
Unread 06-17-2009, 01:29 AM   #1830
kanancom

Has anyone bought from cos00 before? They are on ebay but also have their own extensive site, which makes me believe that they sell quality items. I just wanna know if they actually send you the cosplay with the correct size

Dragon*con
Assassin Apprentice - AC:Brotherhood; Zelda - LoZ: Skyward Sword; Sweet Raiden - Sweet Snake Figumate; Wander - Shadow of the Colossus
kanancom is offline   Reply With Quote