Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 101 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 06-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #1831
BigBoss
Scary Looking Nice Guy

Renewed Faith In Limebarb.com - Now BBB Accredited

2011 Update: As of February 1st 2011, they have lost their BBB accreditation, and have a BBB rating of F.

2010 Update: Wow, they went downhill fast. They're up to 19 customer complaints on their BBB profile (though some older reviews are about to expire, and will be removed from their profile). Two acquaintances of mine had disappointing results with Limebarb. Ever since she started her burlesque dancing career (culminating in her missing a bunch of deadlines while she was planning fundraisers for a trip to London, which never happened), and fired her award-winning fashion designer / seamstress (she refused to pay her, even after bringing in lots of new businesses, awards, and raising their reputation), it seems like the problem with missed deadlines, poor or rushed quality goods, and poor communication has creeped back. It's a real shame, but I cannot - in good conscience - recommend Limebarb at this time.
-----
July 2, 2009 Edit: Their BBB score was recently lowered to an A-, but that's still a very acceptable score for a company that does custom design.
-----
Hey, folks! In the past, I've been rather vocal about my concerns about the questionable customer service of Limebarb as a cosplay commission service, having been involved in several disputes with dissatisfied customers. In the past year, however, they've proven to have taken great steps towards resolving their past issues. In addition to the skilled designers on staff (several of whom I know personally), they have added a full-time manager who handles customer service in a timely and polite fashion - one of their biggest failings in the past.

To further aid customers, Limebarb has recently become a Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Business, at their expense, and has worked to maintain an "A" rating by resolving several standing customer concerns. I'm a strong supporter of BBB Accredited Businesses, as they provide the customer a simple and easy means to seek remediation, and is a great sign of good faith by any participating company.

These steps, which Limebarb.com Corp have recently taken, have turned my skepticism of the company completely around, and I genuinely hope they prosper... They certainly have the creative skill to do so.

Last edited by BigBoss : 03-01-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: 2011 Update
BigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #1832
Lady Saya
Smile?

Has anyone bought from the wig seller on ebay called greatarchy09? Their wigs look nice but I want to know if its safe to buy from them. :3

//Planned Cosplays//
::Mari Illustrious Makinami [Evangelion]::
Lady Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #1833
April Ryan

Yes, I bought from greatarchy09! They are safe! So, you don't have to worry about that

But... well... I bought a Lightning - Final Fantasy XIII wig from them - Yes, it looked like the picture (the color and everything... also the cut), but the bangs were TOO much cut so the wig didn't look good at all in my opinion. They said, that they do not accept wigs for return unless they are defective.

I haven't ordered any other wig from them so I just know how the Lightning wig looked like. But they are safe - you will get your wig.
Unread 06-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #1834
Ink-Chan
Not a Davis Fangirl

Reliable site?

Note: I'm new to the site. This is copied from a thread I posted in another topic, where I was told I was in the wrong board. If this is the wrong one too, please just tell me where I'm supposed to ask about this!

Okay, anyways. I'm trying to buy a Bongun cosplay from here: http://www.uscos00.com/index.php?gOo...produ ctname=
I just wanted to know; is this site a reliable place to buy costumes from? Has anybody bought anything from them before?
If not, I'd love to see some other places to buy one. I am no seamstress. >w>;;
I would really appreciate some help.

Edit// Posted the wrong site the first time. >3>;;
Ink-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #1835
Lady Saya
Smile?

Try asking here. :3

//Planned Cosplays//
Unread 06-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #1836
Lady Saya
Smile?

Thanks, April Ryan. :"D

//Planned Cosplays//
Unread 06-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #1837
Ink-Chan
Not a Davis Fangirl

Ah! Kind of late on this, but thank you! owo;
Unread 06-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #1838
Ink-Chan
Not a Davis Fangirl

Okay, I'd been asking around about this and was finally kindly directed to this thread.
I'm looking to buy a costume from this site= http://www.uscos00.com/index.php?gOo=shop.dwt
Is this a reliable site to buy from? Anybody here have any experience buying from it?
Unread 06-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #1839
bakurakat
Is chargin her lazers

i've bought from uscos00 3 times now and i've been very happy with them! the costumes seem really well made from what i have so far and they use good sturdy materials.

they're pretty quick too from ordering to receiving it takes less than 3 weeks to the UK.
bakurakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #1840
Seiryu
final boss

Does anyone know if cosplayholic is trustworthy for costumes? I hear the wigs are ok.. but are the costumes? I'm slightly suspicious :C

My friend is interested but she's really scared because last time she bought one online (from 399 Cosplay Shop I think...) her costume was made of felt >___<

Last edited by Seiryu : 06-20-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Seiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 12:26 PM   #1841
cutieusagi
Princess Allura

Smile cosplayland on eBay

Hi! I've been looking around for a pre-styled Sasuke wig and found a seller named cosplayland selling a decent-looking one on eBay. Is anyone familiar with this seller and the quality of their wigs?

Anbu (Naruto) :: Karin (Naruto) :: Lenalee - 3rd-gen/Gray Ark (D.Gray-man) :: Lucy/Kaede/Nyu (Elfen Lied) :: Princess Allura (Voltron GoLion) :: Shia - Cafe maid (Pita-Ten) :: Tifa (FFVII Advent Children) :: Uchiha Sasuke - Shippuuden Sexy no Jutsu (Naruto)

AX (06, 07, 11, 13) :: Anime USA (11) :: Katsucon (11) :: NYAF/NYCC (10, 11) :: Otakon (07 - 13)

Proud member of Flash Step Dance Crew
https://www.facebook.com/flashstepdancecrew

Last edited by cutieusagi : 06-21-2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: updated the URL
cutieusagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #1842
Miu
Na-no-Dah~!

Okay, I have a problem.

I think that I may have been scammed here on the Forums, and I have no idea what I should do about it. I guess I knew going into a trade that there might be some complications, but I never would have betted on getting totally gypped out of my money because of it.

I sent them my half, and once it had reached their home, they had given me a message promising me a shipment code and fast delivery. So far, I haven't heard anything else from them, and it's been about two weeks. Should I be concerned? I have a convention coming up in a week that I would like to get the costume ready for, but I have no way of contacting her.

Help?
-Sammy
Miu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #1843
xhelios.moonx
♥ .C.o.s.p.l.a.y. &

They do have examples on Carrot Anime. Esther always keeps in contact with me. The reason it is so long is because the guys hate doing patterns, that always slows it down. This is my first costume from them. They send you pictures and all and its FAST shipping. 2-3 days. My costume is about done, the pattern is last then i'll get notified,

IF you want to see examples of my costume i will show you the photos she sent me and then to make it REAL i'll wear it and take pictures. So please IM or e-mail me at chains.remerse@yahoo.com

Thanks! <3
Unread 06-22-2009, 05:01 AM   #1844
meepstio
jini;♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryu View Post
Does anyone know if cosplayholic is trustworthy for costumes? I hear the wigs are ok.. but are the costumes? I'm slightly suspicious :C

My friend is interested but she's really scared because last time she bought one online (from 399 Cosplay Shop I think...) her costume was made of felt >___<
no they're not trustworthy for costumes. They steal cosplayers' photos and make it seem like that's the outfit they're selling, when it's really not.
Upcoming cons: Otakon
Ashe (LOL), Sailor Mercury, Bulma/Chun-li
meepstio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #1845
Seiryu
final boss

wow o_o that's terrible. ok then thanks; I'll tell her to stay away from them xD;;