Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 189 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 06-23-2009, 05:24 AM   #1846
Saeru
What is life w/o meaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miu View Post
Okay, I have a problem.

I think that I may have been scammed here on the Forums, and I have no idea what I should do about it. I guess I knew going into a trade that there might be some complications, but I never would have betted on getting totally gypped out of my money because of it.

I sent them my half, and once it had reached their home, they had given me a message promising me a shipment code and fast delivery. So far, I haven't heard anything else from them, and it's been about two weeks. Should I be concerned? I have a convention coming up in a week that I would like to get the costume ready for, but I have no way of contacting her.

Help?
-Sammy

It sounds like it might still be legit, since they did contact you after they received the money (many scammers disappear once they've been paid...unless it was through paypal, in which case they'll try to hold your interest just long enough so that you cannot reclaim your funds after the waiting period.)

May I ask who it is you're having the issue with? The name might already be known to be an illegitimate seller.

Also, did you send cash or check? Occasionally a bank will allow you to reverse funds from a check, and if it was a money order which you have the receipt from it is POSSIBLE to get your funds back as well (although much more difficult, if I correctly recall.)
Saeru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #1847
danstoop

Good place to get Japanese School Uniforms?

Does anyone know a good place to get japanese style school uniforms like the ones listed at
Cosmates? They've got reasonable prices, but the shipping is *killer* to the US. They seem like pretty standard "japanese schoolgirl costume" mass-manufactured type things, but I cant seem to find a US retailer or a foreign retailer with reasonable shipping. Ebay sellers are fine, but all I could find were the *ahem*... "adult" sorts of school uniforms or actual US private school uniform type things. International is fine too as long as they aren't trying to charge me $25 to ship a .5 lbs package. Thanks a ton!
danstoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #1848
Tatsu-chan

you know it kinda makes me sad that there are so many scammers out there*shakes head in shame* being a commissioner myself it just makes me feel like most of the people around me aren't good, but I look at a couple of the people I know and I have hope
Tatsu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #1849
frozenrain917
kabuto fangirl

hi can you tell me if darkmoonchild on here is ok
frozenrain917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #1850
Lady Saya
Smile?

Okay, so I just bought a wig from wigfashion on ebay. It's kind of a random question but what do their wigs usually come shipped in (well, y'know... a mailing envelope, a box, etc.) I'm just kind of worried that something might happen to if it comes one of those draw-string envelopes since that's what some sellers from China send their stuff in. @_@;

Also, how's the quality of their wigs over all? I've heard good things about them before but some people have complained about their wigs smelling weird or that they're a bit frizzy. :s

//Planned Cosplays//
::Mari Illustrious Makinami [Evangelion]::
Lady Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 02:05 AM   #1851
Kitsune-sama
The Hot Glue Queen

LOL, YO SAYA, SUP.

The wigs do smell funny xD BUT, they're amazing. They do arrive in the string envelopes, because of the free shipping that is offered. I got mine and it's one of my FAVORITE<3 wigs.

So, it seems that they're pretty thumbs up, at least from my experience
Kitsune-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #1852
Strong Bad
Proud to be Libertarian

The commissioner andy200599@gmail.com AKA magpdeson@gmail.com is a scammer. Despite the fact that she has a popular eBay store with lots of positive feedback, she seems to be voluntarily aiding and abetting the scamming of Hajime Ortiz/Suz Lulu (easybreezchan@yahoo.com/dazzlingmelody@yahoo.com/pinknursecreations@yahoo.com), and may even be the same person. This commissioner used money "stolen" from two people in a row to make costumes for Hajime Ortiz/Suz Lulu. When I contacted her, she seemed to have been aware of the scams, and implied that it had been done before. She also refused to give me my money back no matter what. I am currently in the process of trying to recover my money through PayPal and Visa.

Last edited by Strong Bad : 06-28-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Strong Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 06:16 PM   #1853
Lady Saya
Smile?

HAY KIT! HOW YOU DOIN'?

Anyways, thanks. :3 Even though its in a draw-string envelope I just hope nothing will happen to it and that I'm just being paranoid. @_@;

//Planned Cosplays//
::Mari Illustrious Makinami [Evangelion]::
Lady Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2009, 07:54 PM   #1854
goldenvaulter
Master of Disguise

Hi, I'm really not sure where to post this but I recently ran into two scams (One did not completely go through because I caught it before I sent anything.)

They deal with trades I attempted in the Marketplace. The first one I sent out two cosplays (Young Sakura w/ Wig and Young Ino w/ Wig) for two Cosplays (A Temari and a commissioned Yura of the Demon Hair) I should have noticed something was up when I aske dif she needed my measurements and said "No, I'm making it out of stretchy material so no need" but I had already sent out the cosplays and then when she said "Oh, I'm going to send out my entire Temari cosplay Wig, Fan, and Outift." That was almost a month ago and she has stopped contacting me and I've sent her at least 5 private messages her Cosplay.com id is BakuganBrawler.

The second, I almost got scammed of one of my Shippuden Sakura cosplays. But when she sent me this mailing address;

Richard L
3611 Almond Street
Philadelphia, Pa 19134

Which was the exact same mailing address I used to send out the first two cosplays only different name, Chel K essentially the same format as Richard L. This person's cosplay.com id is Rukia_saver.

She as well will not return my messages.

So, I have no idea what this scam is, if the person as multiple accounts or these two girls are real people with hacked accounts but I am out about $140 worth of cosplays because of it. So I guess stay away from that address.
goldenvaulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #1855
Strong Bad
Proud to be Libertarian

Alert: Alert: Scammer

The commissioner andy200599@gmail.com AKA magpdeson@gmail.com is a scammer. Despite the fact that she has a popular eBay store with lots of positive feedback, she seems to be voluntarily aiding and abetting the scamming of Hajime Ortiz/Suz Lulu (easybreezchan@yahoo.com/dazzlingmelody@yahoo.com/pinknursecreations@yahoo.com), and may even be the same person. This commissioner used money "stolen" from two people in a row to make costumes for Hajime Ortiz/Suz Lulu. When I contacted her, she seemed to have been aware of the scams, and implied that it had been done before. She also refused to give me my money back no matter what. I am currently in the process of trying to recover my money through PayPal and Visa.

Last edited by Strong Bad : 06-28-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Unread 06-27-2009, 06:09 AM   #1856
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

This belongs here:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=74409
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 09:17 AM   #1857
Strong Bad
Proud to be Libertarian

Sure, this might get moved there, but know any other websites/boards where I can alert people?
Unread 06-29-2009, 11:10 PM   #1858
Inverse
Cat Whisperer

GOOD Ebay merchant?

Since I don't have time to make another costume I'm looking towards one of those Chinese Ebay merchants to purchase a cosplay outfit from. However, the quality and reliability between them seems rather random. One chinese cosplay merchant I purchased from was alright, but sized improperly. Another I purchased from flat out lied in their description and gave false photos.

Are there any ebay cosplay merchants that specialize in full costumes that would be recommendable? Specifically in terms of promptness, honesty and quality.

Thanks! ^^
Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #1859
NefertariVivi
This IS My Nightmare

Cosplafu?

Hi^^ I was thinking of ordering a cosplay from Cosplay fu.com has anyone ordered from them in the past? Are they for real, or is it a scam? How's the costume &fabric quality? How long does it take to recieve a costume? Thanks in advance!^^

"..If you're gonna mess with the King's Queens, you better watch your Ace, Jack." - Tag Body Spray.
NefertariVivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 02:56 AM   #1860
Alice앨리스

cosplayhou.com took my picture for their advertisements...

Wow.. I think there are many shameless costume makers other than cosplayhouse.com

I'm really thinking of taking legal action for this
Alice앨리스 is offline   Reply With Quote