Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 199 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 07-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #1876
lilprince
Morbid Prince

I'd avoid chinanime on eBay I didn't recieve full set and got wrong size no resolution only please wait for it to arrive. I bought it in feb it's July. >.<

and I just bought something from dahlia on here and it's been a week haven't heard from her. >.<

My trust has been squandered by buying costumes.

Unread 07-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #1877
goldenvaulter
Master of Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
Has anyone heard of 'Midnight Cognito'?

They don't have any posts or many pictures, but the pictures they do have are of the same person. Also, they have a website, www.midnightcognito.com, but it looks sort of underdeveloped. It's not on the commissioner review thread.

I live in Florida, so maybe I can see them in person, though they may be pretty far.
I think they are rather new to doing copslay commissions so that's why their website is under developed and such.

Im working with them right now. So far everything has been great. One of the girls, did a very detailed measuring lesson with me over the phone that was really helpful. And they have kept in contact with me the entire time.

My costume should be here next week sometime. I'll reply back once I get it and let you know!
goldenvaulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #1878
Brutal
Metal Thrashing Otaku

has anyone ever purchased anything from " soniceplayer " on ebay? because i found something that they're selling that interest me and i want to know if it's worth buying or not.

Conseason 2014:
TBA

Bring back Naruto Trek and Yasumicon!
Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #1879
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Soniceplayers has got good reviews in the past and they deal with a high quality manufacturer from the ones I've seen in person. I'm regretted not ordering from them for the Milly costume.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 12:34 AM   #1880
Afrayail
Sasori-dono <3

Attention Plz

To anyone scammed by:

BakuganBrawler
Rukia_saver
_rukia_
nytemare23
aaasssaaa
Riku_heartless

or the names:

Chel(s) K
Chel(s) Mare
Richard L
With an address in Philidelphia, PA

Please send me an email at fan_of_sephiroth@hotmail.com. I hunted down info on this scammer and communicated with a relative on facebook, who "told mommy" on her =/ I'm currently in communications with her boyfriend, the one trying to take responsibility for his girlfriend's actions (despite the fact she's lying and contradicting herself EVERY step of the way...) and getting things returned to the people she scammed.

PLEASE tell me what all you lost, and include as much evidence as possible. Unfortunately, if you deleted PMs/emails/etc and don't have proof, he can't look up PM history anymore since cosplay.com finally got around to banning the account (excellent timing on their part) and as such, we -might- not be able to help (unless they still have the item(s) you're talking about)

It's a bit slow at the moment as he's making her sell a costume or two of hers to pay for shipping, but I'm being informed to just be patient and things will be returned ASAP to avoid any further issues.

Hope that there are more users out there that I can help to recover their items! This scammer has seriously put a large dent in the marketplace community.

And a big thanks to Goldenvaulter. She had a bit of info I didn't that helped me find the scammer.
Afrayail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 03:06 AM   #1881
Brutal
Metal Thrashing Otaku

really? i looked them up on google and i've heard bad things about their gothic lolita stuff although i'm not planning on getting any of their gothic lolita things. i'm just interested in some of their costumes.

Conseason 2014:
TBA

Bring back Naruto Trek and Yasumicon!
Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #1882
MeIsRayne

Is Light in the Box Legit?

I'm thinking of buying a Kairi cosplay from LightIntheBox.com
( http://www.lightinthebox.com/Kingdom...8-_p53883.html )

Has anyone bought from them before and if so, how did it come out. Was it exactly like it looked in the picture? Was it too light or two dark? Detalied explanations are my best friend!
MeIsRayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #1883
LinxLexxi

The pictures are stolen from other sites such as Cosplay Magic I believe for the Kairi costume and for the wigs the pictures are stolen from Cosplay Station.
If you want to get that Kairi costume it is at Cosplay Magic's website

or

I would also suggest this store for you because I got a really well done Uryu Ishida Quincy costume from there. http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/human-go-...34Q2ec0Q2em322
LinxLexxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #1884
ShadowCharizard
Pokétopia Master

What is the Most Reliable Cosplay Site Evar?

I want a costume commissioned for the first time, and I was going to go with Cosplay Magic. I then considered looking for a commissioner on these forums. But with so many mixed reviews, it's so hard to decide which site's better than the other. So, I've turned to the best cosplaying community on the Net. What do you think is the most reliable cosplay costume website? Be brutally honest; I have no favourites.
ShadowCharizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 10:45 PM   #1885
thoshy
Soul Eater Addict.

I have ordered most of my costumes from them, and I can tell you I have never been disappointed. They even put pockets on a jacket for me; free of charge. They where recommended to me, and now I recommend them to you. The outfits are very well done (Not like Cosplay magic, or moon costumes) and very professional. Even the prices is good.

UnderTaker [Kuroshitsuji]
Kabuchimaru (Naruto)
thoshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 11:15 PM   #1886
ShadowCharizard
Pokétopia Master

Ebay users don't usually do commissions, though. And I've noticed that many people say CosplayMagic isn't very high quality. Lemme ask this: is CosplayMagic poor quality, or not as good as it could be?

I've also read many good things about Cosplay_fu. Thoughts, comments?

Last edited by ShadowCharizard : 07-21-2009 at 11:32 PM.
ShadowCharizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 11:33 PM   #1887
angelkawaii

honestdragonchina on ebay. They have a huge veriety and do a really good job. I ordered my maid and shuffle school uniform from them.

Cure account ID=142126
angelkawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 11:52 PM   #1888
Inufan078
Winged-Kuribohsaid what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoshy View Post

I have ordered most of my costumes from them, and I can tell you I have never been disappointed. They even put pockets on a jacket for me; free of charge. They where recommended to me, and now I recommend them to you. The outfits are very well done (Not like Cosplay magic, or moon costumes) and very professional. Even the prices is good.
I ordered my Judai/Jaden Yuki cosplay from these people they did a real nice job! ^_^ The only thing they did wrong was that they marked where to sew something to bring the pants in but just forgot to do so, so I had to bring em in and shorten em a bit, but I didn't need to mark them! They knew what they were doing, and I just probably got my height a bit off ^_^ So they are nice!

Soon:
Train Heartnet from Black Cat
Secret Cosplay

Recent Complete Cosplays
Ikuto Tsukiyomi - Shugo Chara! School uniform with black and white lined blazer version
Jaden Yuki - YGO GX Season 4 version

~Cosplay lists never end... I have so many in my head I fear I will forget them... I have made a journal of all the characters I wish to achieve and keep on adding.~
Inufan078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2009, 12:10 AM   #1889
lucifers_shot

For reference I use this site and http://acparadise.net
They´ve got a huge collection of cosplays that goes by Anime Series and just other series in general and its great. : )

Zona-Con (Nov 20-22)- Simca- Genesis Outfit
New Cosplay
Belarus [Hetalia]

Find me; Im everywhere~~
deviantart: http://nyappy-kun.deviantart.com/
Cosspace: LuciferShot
GaiaOnline: BIJINKEI
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/mmmmmfruitsalad
lucifers_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2009, 02:30 AM   #1890
MeIsRayne

Thanks. I thought they where stolen from CM but I'm just making sure. I didn't want to pass it up if it was a real deal right? *sighs* I geuss I'll just save up for the one on Cosplay Magic. (So expensive!)
MeIsRayne is offline   Reply With Quote